What's new

Enes or Kyrie?

Kyrie right now, but it is possible that it could change, especially with how Injury prone Kyrie is. Even without the Injuries, Kanter could end up being a top 5 big man in the game. soon, people will be saying that Boozer in his prime was a poor man's Kanter

How stupid do the T-wolves feel right now

I still don't get it how they could take a tweener who, in his favor, was labeled 'NBA ready', over a promising Big with tons and better potential. It's beyond me, especially since they were looking for a Big next to Love. I'd rather take a Big than a Tweener if the reward can be bigger.

They were not ready to take a risk. They took the 'sure thing'. Imagine a trio of Love-Kanter-Rubio. I think Williams will be a good player, but Kanter will have more of an impact in games and better chances to be a dominant one.

A big that can rebound, bang inside, hit his FT close to 80 percent, has range and touch and also a great footwork, plays defense and can pretty much do everything on the floor, has much more value and is more difficult to find. It's a rare combination this young kid posseses.

While Kyrie is the better player right now, I think in five years, there will be a debate about who should have been the number one overall pick. Kanter as the third pick was a huge steal for the Jazz, imo.

I think Kyrie's career could be short-lived. Probably a good 11 years in the league and his previous wear n tear will drop him to the likes of a Mo Williams, then to a 32 year old Marbury. He is, without a doubt who you'd go with right now.

Kanter looks like he could be around for a long, long time. I'd say he could play for a good 18-20 years if he stays healthy, and develops a jumpshot. Ala Malone.

Off topic, but Malone could have played until he was 42 with his little repertoire. You put him on the Suns, he'd still be playing into his mid 40's. Put him in Phoenix to back up Amare, and have Nash running PnR's with him, then we'd all be pissed off. Because Nash AND Amare would be walking around with a few rings, as well as Karl.

Karl Malone at 43 averaging like 12/7 on 25 minutes a game on 2 rings? Nobody would be talking about Tim Duncan, greatest "power forward" of all time.

Kyrie looks like the next bonafide superstar. No question on who to take.

True, but teams with max players at the PG position don't normally fare that well. That's the difference. Kyrie is a fantastic player, but I'd like to see him lead a winning team and make his teammates better. He does a lot of one-on-one as a go-to guy right now.

I still don't get it how they could take a tweener who, in his favor, was labeled 'NBA ready', over a promising Big with tons and better potential. It's beyond me, especially since they were looking for a Big next to Love. I'd rather take a Big than a Tweener if the reward can be bigger.

They were not ready to take a risk. They took the 'sure thing'. Imagine a trio of Love-Kanter-Rubio. I think Williams will be a good player, but Kanter will have more of an impact in games and better chances to be a dominant one.

A big that can rebound, bang inside, hit his FT close to 80 percent, has range and touch and also a great footwork, plays defense and can pretty much do everything on the floor, has much more value and is more difficult to find. It's a rare combination this young kid posseses.

While Kyrie is the better player right now, I think in five years, there will be a debate about who should have been the number one overall pick. Kanter as the third pick was a huge steal for the Jazz, imo.

1. Because they desperately needed a wing player and people thought Williams could be a good SF. Williams wasn't drafted to play PF.
2. They already had Love and Pekovic.
3. Kanter was a huge question mark coming in the draft. I know it's easy to say now how much of a no-brainer pick it was, but that isn't the case.

I have Kyrie as the 2nd best PG in the league. What he is doing at age 20 is incredible. I have him ahead of Rose until he reproves himself.

I ran 99% of the teams I would take Kanter over Kyrie right now.

With incredibly stupid the Jazz have been in developing Kanter and his minutes, the way the Jazz seem to be leaning towards keeping Al, the way Corbin plays his bigs (Favors starting over Kanter with Al, even though everyone knows that is the WORST big man combo in the NBA, and Kanter is a better player right now than Favors)...

If I were the Jazz, I would take Kyrie. If I am any other team, with any other FO and coach, I take Kanter.

For those of you saying Kyrie is the obvious choice, look at Kanter vs Jefferson. Kanter produces the same as Jefferson offensivly, plays better defense, and DOES IT IN 20 ****ING MINUTES A NIGHT.

Kanter is so efficient, it is scary. How many times does Kanter go 6/8 with 17 points and 8 rebs in TWENTY MINUTES? Kyrie is good, Kanter has potential to be a generational player.

When Calipari mentioned Kanter and Malone in the same sentence....

You clearly have to go Kanter considering how difficult it is to get quality big men in the NBA, especially compared to how many quality guards there are.

I ran 99% of the teams I would take Kanter over Kyrie right now.

With incredibly stupid the Jazz have been in developing Kanter and his minutes, the way the Jazz seem to be leaning towards keeping Al, the way Corbin plays his bigs (Favors starting over Kanter with Al, even though everyone knows that is the WORST big man combo in the NBA, and Kanter is a better player right now than Favors)...

If I were the Jazz, I would take Kyrie. If I am any other team, with any other FO and coach, I take Kanter.

Always take the best player unless you already have a top 5 player in the league. You can build the roster around him. Personally I would take Kanter because Irving cannot stay healthy.

Always take the best player unless you already have a top 5 player in the league. You can build the roster around him. Personally I would take Kanter because Irving cannot stay healthy.

I say always take the best player. Portland would have 6 rings and recent Finals appearances if they followed this logic. You can always trade a Dantley.

Also ad to the fact that Kanter has some of that Malone drive and personality to be great. I see a lot of Malone in Kanter. Both use brute force are strong as an ox, and have motors that don't quit.

If Kanter increased his rebounding a little bit instead of decreased going from rookie to second year and cut his turnovers over I think it would no question be Kanter and he could have Tim Duncan like potential. But we can't always play that game. Like if we said "if Kyrie would be less injury prone and racked up a couple more assists a game."