What's new

ESPN-2012 NBA Player Rankings

and fwiw, i wasn't trying to dispute YB... i just thought it was a funny statement, as though there's some easy set formula for telling apart the 299th best NBA player from the 310th. all i'm trying to say is that, on most teams he would probably have at least some kind of role, which makes 300-ish seem about right.

We shall see. I'm by no means convinced he will be playing in the NBA this coming season.

I like Burks but he still has a long way to go before he will get any respect in this league. Being the "man" off the bench will help speed things up.

Being ranked in the top half of the league isn't bad for a second-year guy who saw limited minutes for a lot of last season.

so basically the voters see him as essentially the same player as cj miles.

hard to argue, so far. let's hope he corrects them, though.
None of this.

104 non-biased voters think he is the same level of player as CJ. that's not a bad thing -- CJ's a 7-year vet, and burks 939 regular season minutes into his career. now the onus is on him to separate himself from the perfectly mediocre class of cj miles et al.

Enes Kanter 205

I'm surprised his is not getting more attention. Higher ranking than most of last year's team. Higher ranking than anyone in his draft that is not a PG. Higher than anyone in this years draft that doesn't have a unibrow. Ranked in the top half of the league. Nearly 40 spots better than Burks.

Does no one care?

I'm surprised his is not getting more attention. Higher ranking than most of last year's team. Higher ranking than anyone in his draft that is not a PG. Higher than anyone in this years draft that doesn't have a unibrow. Ranked in the top half of the league. Nearly 40 spots better than Burks.

Does no one care?

He needs to bring it this year and give everyone other than Jazz fans a reason to care.

Predictions for where the rest of our players will end up. I don't agree with this, but this is how I think they will be ranked. Just off the top of my head.

Jefferson - 24
Millsap- 25

Hayward- 41
Favors- 45

Mo Williams - 62
Marvin Williams- 68
Randy Foye- 69

Alec Burks- 87

Jamal Tinsley- 101
Earl Watson- 106

Enes Kanter 250

No way Hack. Jefferson and Millsap will be in the 40's and 50's. Hayward will be maybe in the top 80.... Favors will likely be 60's or 70's somewhere. Mo will be 90's and Foye... 201 :)

No way Hack. Jefferson and Millsap will be in the 40's and 50's. Hayward will be maybe in the top 80.... Favors will likely be 60's or 70's somewhere. Mo will be 90's and Foye... 201 :)

even that might be ambitious. if that were the case, the jazz would have 5 guys as good as the average team's top 3.

Ya I realized my mistake after I posted. I should have checked the previous years result first.