What's new

ESPN-2012 NBA Player Rankings

It was fun comparing my reports with the Des News and SLT. I thought mine were sometimes more insightful and of course came out much sooner; I had experience as a news reporter so was used to writing quick news stories but never was a sports writer. But I didn't get paid. Jason did offer to pay my expenses at Jazz nite out, however, if I covered my air fare -- I was living in NY then. But I never made it.

Well, obviously, the lower the number, the higher the ranking, which is why I wrote it like I did. Yes, I agree, they probably did watch the Olympics which is why he's getting a high ranking. You think watching him play this summer might change some of the attitudes on here. But they're so blind with hate. Prejudice clouds people's judgment.
How bummed are you going to be if you discover that they simply forgot him?

Put it this way, Nightmare, I joined this site, I believe, the first year of its existence. In fact, for two straight years, I did a news report after every game like you would see in the newspaper and had it posted on the site almost always within 30 minutes of the end of every game.

What was your username then? Was it guitarojazz? Or am I confusing you with someone else?

i think he's saying he's the reincarnation of write4u.

if that's the case, glad to have you back. as i told jason in my tirade PM when i thought you were banned, we don't always agree, but you've been around here for ages and you contribute to good discussions.

i think he's saying he's the reincarnation of write4u.

Oh, thanks. I thought he was saying his articles used to be an official part of the site. We did have someone that wrote official jazzfanz articles way back when, but I couldn't remember who. I was thinking maybe it was guitarojazz. Write4u just posted game recaps in threads, right?

if that's the case, glad to have you back. as i told jason in my tirade PM when i thought you were banned, we don't always agree, but you've been around here for ages and you contribute to good discussions.

Well, write4u wasn't really banned. That is, he told *us* to deactivate his account.

Oh, thanks. I thought he was saying his articles used to be an official part of the site. We did have someone that wrote official jazzfanz articles way back when, but I couldn't remember who. I was thinking maybe it was guitarojazz. Write4u just posted game recaps in threads, right?

i think w4u did both.

Well, write4u wasn't really banned. That is, he told *us* to deactivate his account.

yeah, that's what i found out AFTER i went whining to jason. oops. i just hate how many good posters from over the years have left the boards (voluntarily or otherwise) so that the conversation could be further dominated by disrespectful people who would rather post pictures of boobs and turn every thread into some ridiculous tangent. so when i THOUGHT he was banned, i kinda reacted like wtf... not because i agree with everything w4u says (i don't), but because we've always been able to disagree without disrespect.

Anthony Davis #62. I love the kid but that is way too high for someone who I believe is going to struggle mightily his first year just because of his thin frame. I think he will come into his "own" but he is going to "get owned" this year. I would say that more than half the PFs in the league will be too crafty for him. Only time will tell.

This is starting to look like a wish or hope list for espn. haha. maybe i am just bias, but some of these guys are ranked kind of high for what they actually bring to their teams on a given night.