What's new

ESPN Insider: Blazers eye Matthews (why?)

clownwar.gif

Portland is like the stupid, braty ,little sissy brother that always tries to take awesome things away from older brother. The Trail Blazers are the sole reason little brothers get picked on.

I don't get it...

How are they "younger?" Isn't Portland 4 years older than the Jazz franchise? According to wiki it is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portland_Trail_Blazers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Jazz

Don't they also have more conference and world championships than us?

How exactly are they the younger sissy brother? I guess just don't follow your logic.

To me, I'm looking at it from our opponents' perspective. Last year, they almost signed a perfect compliment to Aldrich (since he can move to the 5 at times and Millsap could play the 4). Millsap could also play at the 4 with Oden. Who wouldn't want to sign Millsap if one already had versatile bigs at the 5? Plus, it would have hurt the depth of a rival team.

Now isn't it rumored that they want to unload Rudy F? So by signing Wes doesn't it make it easier to unload Rudy?

Plus, Wesley is a fine player, I doubt Portland is going to be the only team after him.

I just don't get what some of you people expect. Do you seriously think that the Jazz should be the only players to go after free agents this offseason? Somehow, I doubt any of you will be outraged if anyone in the NBA offers Boozer a deal.

Believe it or not people, the Jazz may have some good players that might attract other teams. Wesley and Millsap are fine players, as is Boozer.

The NBA is a business.

Last edited:
I don't get it...

How are they "younger?" Isn't Portland 4 years older than the Jazz franchise? According to wiki it is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portland_Trail_Blazers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Jazz

Don't they also have more conference and world championships than us?

How exactly are they the younger sissy brother? I guess just don't follow your logic.

Dude, it was joke. Nothing more, nothing less. I was making fun of Portland as well as the posters that use "little brother" in the BYU, Utah threads. Thanks for hitting me over the head with the knowledge and let me put you in place stick though.

Last edited:
Well look at it this way, we must be doing something right if they keep wanting to steal our players

Dude, it was joke. Nothing more, nothing less. I was making fun of Portland as well as the posters that use "little brother" in the BYU, Utah threads. Thanks for hitting me over the head with the knowledge and let my put you in place stick though.

?

I'm so confused...

This is just another condition of the horribleness of the thing called Kirilenko. His contract is just killing this franchise. From what I've read, if it weren't for his contract we'd have a lot more power in the FA world today. Anyone know if we could be playing in the FA game this summer had Kirilenko's contract been dumped a year or so ago? Could we currently be going after bigtime FAs lke Bosh, Lebron, Wade, etc?

I'd like to know what caused Portland to hate the Jazz, it seems more agressive than just competition between division rivals. Was it something personal between LHM & Allen? I seem to remember when portland threatened legal action against every team in the league if someone signed Darius Miles --LHM said something about not liking threats, of course no-one does but maybe there is more to that story.

I wish I believed in karma.

Maybe it is karma. After all, the Jazz were complicit in helping a certain PF screw over a blind guy.

?

I'm so confused...

This is just another condition of the horribleness of the thing called Kirilenko. His contract is just killing this franchise. From what I've read, if it weren't for his contract we'd have a lot more power in the FA world today. Anyone know if we could be playing in the FA game this summer had Kirilenko's contract been dumped a year or so ago? Could we currently be going after bigtime FAs lke Bosh, Lebron, Wade, etc?

Well, we'd be pretty darn close. It would have just taken some minor moves to get far enough under to have a MAX slot available. But seriously, do you really think Amare, Lebron or Wade would come to Utah? Bosh maybe...he has a pretty good friendship with Deron. Well, we did get Boozer. Guess he preferred Utah over Denver. That's something. We got Okur because we were willing to throw more money at him than anyone else.

As long as we are near the cap Portland will continue to step on our throats. Of course they don't need Matthews they are 4 deep at the wing position. He would be buried behind Roy, Batum, Fernandez, and their draft pick Babbitt.

My 2nd favorite team, now thats a good FO. Trying to beat out your division rivals....

Instead like Utah handing OKC Maynor and now Aldrich...

My 2nd favorite team, now thats a good FO. Trying to beat out your division rivals....

Instead like Utah handing OKC Maynor and now Aldrich...

Maynor didn't put up mind blowing numbers. Him and Price have pretty identical stats last season. And OKC almost dealt Maynor away to Indiana.

As for Aldrich....really? And I'm being serious.....REALLY?

And your point is? Hayward was the best player on a team that went to the Championship game. He also outperformed Wesley Johnson. I'm pretty sure there is a reason why the Jazz passed on Aldrich and took Hayward. A couple of other teams tried to trade up and get Hayward too. Hayward's ceiling > Aldrich's.

I sincerely hope if the Blazers do make Mathews an offer, its an outrageous one like Millsaps, then the Jazz don't match it so they have a MLE or maybe more type player rotting away on their bench. Maybe Portland should get in the business of actually trying to make offseason moves to address needs and better their team rather than trying to get back at another.