What's new

ESPN Power Rankings

Pace: 93.6 (27), OffRtg: 106.9 (8), DefRtg: 109.5 (28), NetRtg: -2.6 (19)

It's still early, but Dante Exum might already be better than Trey Burke. Neither has been great, neither can shoot, and there's no reason the Jazz can't keep both of them for a while. But it will be interesting to see which one Quin Snyder relies on more down the stretch of close games. It was Burke against the Cavs on Wednesday and Exum in Detroit on Sunday.

From nba.com

I'm quite surprised that our pace is so slow. And I got a little upset that they said dante can't shoot lol, he's doing well enough so far

It's still early, but Dante Exum might already be better than Trey Burke. Neither has been great, neither can shoot, and there's no reason the Jazz can't keep both of them for a while. But it will be interesting to see which one Quin Snyder relies on more down the stretch of close games. It was Burke against the Cavs on Wednesday and Exum in Detroit on Sunday.

From nba.com

I'm quite surprised that our pace is so slow. And I got a little upset that they said dante can't shoot lol, he's doing well enough so far

To be fair it wasn't until Burke picked up his 5th foul before Snyder yanked him out.

From nba.com

That is surprising. Keep in mind that the definition of pace there isn't about how quickly the ball is moving up and down the court, but how many possessions a team has over the course of the game. Given that our rebounding rate is above league average, that says to me that "playing with the pass" is taking precedence right now over "playing with pace" - we're using up a lot of seconds on the shot clock passing the ball around to get the open look.

As the offense clicks more, we should see the pace rate jump up as well because our reads will be better.

TLDR: I'm not sure "pace" in the rankings means exactly the same thing that Snyder means when he says "playing with pace"

Haha.. let me think about it.

You just said "book it." So you clearly believe that they will make the playoffs, so much so that you said it's a done deal...but you won't make a bet on it? Are you admitting you were wrong already nickkkkkk?

Haha.. let me think about it.

If Hantlers wins, One Love has to take a photo of himself in a princess dress and upload it as his avatar for the 2015-2016 year.
If One Love wins, Hantler has to take a video of him approaching Rhonda Burke at the first playoff game with a dozen roses, getting down on one knee, and confessing his undying and everlasting love.

If Hantlers wins, One Love has to take a photo of himself in a princess dress and upload it as his avatar for the 2015-2016 year.
If One Love wins, Hantler has to take a video of him approaching Rhonda Burke at the first playoff game with a dozen roses, getting down on one knee, and confessing his undying and everlasting love.

Hahahahahahaha...

You just said "book it." So you clearly believe that they will make the playoffs, so much so that you said it's a done deal...but you won't make a bet on it? Are you admitting you were wrong already nickkkkkk?

It's against my religion to "gamble" so.. yeah.. lol

It's against my religion to "gamble" so.. yeah.. lol

It's not gambling, it's a friendly wager. Actually, more of a request to put your money (or name) where your mouth is.

I guess what I'm asking is, do you actually believe what you say...or are you just all about words?

It's not gambling, it's a friendly wager. Actually, more of a request to put your money (or name) where your mouth is.

I guess what I'm asking is, do you actually believe what you say...or are you just all about words?

well whatever you call it, gamble, wager, I've never done it and will never do it.. like i said, it's against my religion.

You're Maori, right? I was down there for a number of months, and I don't remember any specific prohibitions against gambling. Weird.

haha.. Maori is an ethnicity bro, it's not a religion. I thought u were a history professor? How can you get that wrong.