What's new

ESPN Power Rankings

There is a traditional religion followed by the Maori. It doesn't go by a name. It's sorta referred to as the religion of the Maori people, or Maori religious practices, etc. You should know this, right?

And, yeah, I did find it incomprehensible that you were looking for a fresh and original name.... but then ended up copying one of the longest-standing and most recognizable JF posters. Yeah.

There is a traditional religion followed by the Maori. It doesn't go by a name. It's sorta referred to as the religion of the Maori people, or Maori religious practices, etc. You should know this, right?

I dunno what you're talking bout but a lot of Maori's here are Christians.

And, yeah, I did find it incomprehensible that you were looking for a fresh and original name.... but then ended up copying one of the longest-standing and most recognizable JF posters. Yeah.

Religion is a strange way of saying it. They do have their spiritual ancestors, such as ranginui and papatuanuku, the sky father and earth mother etc. but calling it a religion seems to be trying to take a western view of a native culture.

Just my point of view, and i'm not maori, pretty much as white as they come, but we do have to learn things like this in school.

One love is right, lots of christians, the british sent missionaries after all.

Religion is a strange way of saying it. They do have their spiritual ancestors, such as ranginui and papatuanuku, the sky father and earth mother etc. but calling it a religion seems to be trying to take a western view of a native culture.

Just my point of view, and i'm not maori, pretty much as white as they come, but we do have to learn things like this in school.

One love is right, lots of christians, the british sent missionaries after all.

(surely you know the intention of my post)

Maybe fgcamel and hotttnickkk should meet up for a tea sometime? What do you guys think?

(surely you know the intention of my post)

Haha of course, but it's not often i get to use my knowledge of maori culture anywhere let alone on a forum for a basketball team in utah. Couldn't help myself.

It feels like we are on the right path. I'd love to sneak into the bottom of the playoffs this year, but as long as i see this type of play for most of the year ill be satisfied. its fun to watch the jazz again.

Hard to argue with this post. Im having fun again watching our boyzzz.

This weeks rankings come out and Utah falls 1 spot to #20

"Twenty-one days into the season, Utah has already won two games on buzzer-beaters: Gordon Hayward's tough fallaway to beat LeBron's Cavs at home and Trey Burke's l-o-n-g 2 from the corner Friday night at MSG. The Jazz, over the previous nine seasons, managed just three buzzer-beaters"

This weeks rankings come out and Utah falls 1 spot to #20

"Twenty-one days into the season, Utah has already won two games on buzzer-beaters: Gordon Hayward's tough fallaway to beat LeBron's Cavs at home and Trey Burke's l-o-n-g 2 from the corner Friday night at MSG. The Jazz, over the previous nine seasons, managed just three buzzer-beaters"

that can't be right, can it?

LOL, of course it's not right. Shows you how relevant the Jazz are in the national scene. It's all about the big names after all, sadly.

Perhaps it's true depending on the definition of a buzzer beater. For example, a shot that goes through but still leaves 0.1 seconds on the clock probably isn't defined as a buzzer-beater for purposes of this statistic. In both cases this year, it was a walk-off shot.

The fact that the team is considered a mid-tier team (barely) is pretty god damn rad. I thought we'd be bottom 10 the whole year.