What's new

ESPN Power Rankings

Just imagine if we had drafted Paul George and Kawhi Leonard, and the Greek Freak instead of Hayward, Burks, and Burke.
Every team could make up the same kind of list. Imagine if we had drafted Aldrich or Henry instead of Hayward; or ANYONE still on the board when Gobert was selected. No GM hits on 100% of their picks. No team makes the absolute correct bet on who will boom and who will bust 2-5 years after the draft. Jury is still out on Exum, of course, but I'm happy Hayward is a fringe all-star, Gobert looks like he'll be a DPOY candidate for the next 10 years, Burks is/will be a solid rotation player - whether as a starter or 6th man - and Trey is at least a decent backup PG. And pretty pleased KOC got Favors in the Deron trade. Just that swap alone was pretty fair, IMO.

Every team could make up the same kind of list. Imagine if we had drafted Aldrich or Henry instead of Hayward; or ANYONE still on the board when Gobert was selected. No GM hits on 100% of their picks. No team makes the absolute correct bet on who will boom and who will bust 2-5 years after the draft. Jury is still out on Exum, of course, but I'm happy Hayward is a fringe all-star, Gobert looks like he'll be a DPOY candidate for the next 10 years, Burks is/will be a solid rotation player - whether as a starter or 6th man - and Trey is at least a decent backup PG. And pretty pleased KOC got Favors in the Deron trade. Just that swap alone was pretty fair, IMO.

My post was not meant to be critical of the Jazz FO. I think they have done a good job. The post was more so "Can you imagine how many points opponents would be scoring against us with these guys.

I love Hayward and think he might be a slightly better offensive player than Paul George. But George is a tier or two higher on the defensive side of the ball according to all the advanced statistics.

https://m.espn.go.com/nba/rankings?pollId=1000&week=19&season=2015

Jazz move up another two spots to 15th.

"What has to excite The SLC as it soaks up Gobert Fever -- beyond the fact that Monsieur French Rejection has anchored the NBA's stingiest defense since he became a starter -- is that Utah came within a second of a 4-0 road trip without even seeing Alec Burks. Quin Snyder and Dennis Lindsey are building something."