What's new

ESPN says........

Beantown

That the Jazz have a 5% chance of making the playoffs. That's seems pretty low. Hopefully Gay stays out and Memphis starts losing. What do you think our chances are? I'm a big Gay guy and he's important to the Grizz. With him being out I'd say were over a 30% chance.

I applaud Bean's efforts here. He saw a window of opportunity, and he took it.

...Anyway, back to the thread. I'm a serious uptimist, but after looking at Memphis' remaining schedule and ours... oy, it doesn't look good at all. So I have to agree with ESPN, I don't know what the numerical conversion is, but right now I'd give the Jazz about a-snowball's-chance-in-hell of making the playoffs, which sucks because I know it would benefit some of the new guys tremendously to gain that experience even if it is a blowout by the Spurs/Lakers.

We actually have a game left against the Grizzlies. Does anyone actually think we can beat the Grizzlies?? ...by extension, do we even deserve to make the playoffs?

Wow ESPN is seriously over rating our chances at the playoffs. I put our chances at just short of hell freezing over.

At this point it seems kind of silly to even hope to make the playoffs. Does anyone really want to watch the Jazz get swept for the second playoff series in a row?

Yea looks like only some got the Majerus reference. The season will come down to that Memphis game.

Maybe I missed it but I'm surprised Locke or some other numbers geek hasn't brought up point differential. The reason I say that is after last nights win over the 76'ers it hit me pretty bad that despite all my optimism that the odds really really aren't on the Jazz's side. Since Corbin took over every win has been a squeaker and most of the losses have been pretty bad (with a couple of exceptions) while the close wins build character and what not (my optimism) on the other hand speaking from numbers it has to reflect that the Jazz aren't a good team I would think.

0145379_15731_MC_Tx360.jpg