What's new

EURO 2020 starts today!

MVP

So one year delay but UEFA Euro 2020 starts today. What team is your favorite and who do you think will win?
I always cheer for Denmark, they have good chance to get out of the group stage as they play all games at home and Finland and Russia certainly are beatable but Belgium to me is a favorite to win it all. Maybe France too. Dark horse to me is Turkey, they have very good team which nobody talks about. Would not be surprised if they advance at least to semifinals.
Go Denmark! Lets repeat 1992!

9ac44a56ef2b197b500e9f434f85bae3.jpg

So one year delay but UEFA Euro 2020 starts today. What team is your favorite and who do you think will win?
I always cheer for Denmark, they have good chance to get out of the group stage as they play all games at home and Finland and Russia certainly are beatable but Belgium to me is a favorite to win it all. Maybe France too. Dark horse to me is Turkey, they have very good team which nobody talks about. Would not be surprised if they advance at least to semifinals.
Go Denmark! Lets repeat 1992!

9ac44a56ef2b197b500e9f434f85bae3.jpg
That 92' Euro was the first tournament I really followed as a child. Loved that Denmark squad which won, with phenomenal Schmeichel and Laudrup brothers.
I will root for Poland (as I am from there) but my expectations for them are zero. I live in Belgium so I hope they win it all as they have potential and experience.

Reactions: MVP
Yeah, Turkey was disappointing. Italy just steamrolled them even if couple goals were kind of lucky ones. Tomorrow is when it starts for me!

Italy - Turkey 3:0

Congratulations @Troat Guru
Sorry @Hekate
This Turkey team is very talented but stubborn decisions by the coach and fit in the midfield is just not there. Not a true winger so there is just no space. We kinda made it easy for the Italians and their high pressing.

Also Italy is my favourite to win this tourney. They are just relentless and Mancini is a brilliant tournament coach. Up there with the best. Still can't forget how Galatasaray under Mancini beat Juve in the last minute and came out of the CL groups that also had Real Madrid.

Congrats @Troat Guru

Last edited:
That was such a scary thing to watch. Players and fans crying, seeing his wife on the sidelines getting supported by Kjaer and Schmeichel when they were doing chest compressions and defibrillation and just this huge unknown threat hanging in the air...I never felt so hopeless in my life watching sports. Was wondering why there was no ambulance ready and why it took them so long to get him moved out of the field. Glad he is alive and kind of pissed they decided to finish this game today. 22 shots to 1 and yet final score 0-1 is a blow Denmark won't recover from. They can beat Russia without Eriksen but Belgium is a different tier team....

Big wet fart by Poland.. Losing to Slovakia means we are practically out as we still have to face Spain and Sweden.

Italy has been really impressive so far. Fun to watch, well organised defensively as always but hungry for goals and not content of 1:0 lead like in the past.

Yeah, Italy looks great so far. Wales was impressive vs Turkey and Turkey disappointed in second game in a row. Still - to me France and Belgium remains clear top tier 1 teams.

Disappointing result for Denmark vs top ranked team in the world Belgium . Controlled the game for most of the time, created tons of chances ( shots 22 vs 6) and lost again on brilliance of Lukaku and DeBruyne. Now they need to beat Russia by 2 goals at least to advance. Not impossible but need better finishing!

Disappointing result for Denmark vs top ranked team in the world Belgium . Controlled the game for most of the time, created tons of chances ( shots 22 vs 6) and lost again on brilliance of Lukaku and DeBruyne. Now they need to beat Russia by 2 goals at least to advance. Not impossible but need better finishing!
Props to Denmark for playing really well and great effort. Belgium with Hazard, De Bruyne and Lukaku are able to score against anybody. But defensively Belgium leaves to desire.

I am really happy this Euro is going on right now. I haven't followed much of soccer lately and it's great distraction from the playoffs since we were eliminated. I have a huge basketball hangover.

Surprised Ukraine got beaten by Austria. Netherlands unbeaten so far is nice to see, maybe some real renaissance of Ducth football?

What a win for Denmark!!! 4-1 crushing of Russia.!!!. Finally in 2 weeks after 6 heartbreaking losses ( 2 by Denmark and 4 by Jazz) I have something positive to celebrate in sports!