What's new

Exercising.

well... it's probably the only exercise I do well.

I walk and run a lot. Seems to be enough for me. Not committed and don't care enough to lift weights.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I can do about 20 pullups with 30lbs added.. unfortunately it's all in my gut. Fixing that right now though.

When I was a nationally ranked (#2) wrestler I could do 20+ pullups one-handed, each hand... eons ago.

I also went for the world record pushups (which was like 6000 or something redick. I got to 2000+ and quit out of bordome, lol. Again, eons ago.

Starting over now at 44 years old. But will kick ***.

I can do about 20 pullups with 30lbs added.. unfortunately it's all in my gut. Fixing that right now though.

When I was a nationally ranked (#2) wrestler I could do 20+ pullups one-handed, each hand... eons ago.

I also went for the world record pushups (which was like 6000 or something redick. I got to 2000+ and quit out of bordome, lol. Again, eons ago.

Good luck. Old age sucks. My exercise has consisted of laying around, watching Game of Thrones.

Good luck. Old age sucks. My exercise has consisted of laying around, watching Game of Thrones.

Something that took this hard-headed guy about 15 years to really figure out is just because I USED to be badass doesn't mean I still am.
Every time I've gotten back into working out I overdid it out of ego and burned myself out too quickly.

This time I'm learning to walk again and hopefully it's more sustainable in turn.

Something that took this hard-headed guy about 15 years to really figure out is just because I USED to be badass doesn't mean I still am.
Every time I've gotten back into working out I overdid it out of ego and burned myself out too quickly.

This time I'm learning to walk again and hopefully it's more sustainable in turn.

Me too. Basically. I didn't burn out. I'd just get hurt or injured and set myself back so far for so long that I had to stop working out for a fairly long time. And once I had, that drive was lost.

I'm psyched to start up again though. Once I'm over this strep, I'm gonna devote myself like a ****ing savage.I'd really like to intelligently commit to this for a long while. My biggest problem, like yours Peeks, is drinking. And eating ****ty food that packs on the pounds.

I bet you use to have a Wilt Chamberlain vertical and wrestled a tag team of an alligator and a bear.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

You can't even do one? Weren't you a HS basketball star?

I can do some. It was easier to say I can't do them than to say I can do 10. I'm not the biggest dude weight wise. I had to rely a lot more on craftiness and basketball IQ because I lacked athleticism. I'm literally 6'0 and 150 lbs.

I can do some. It was easier to say I can't do them than to say I can do 10. I'm not the biggest dude weight wise. I had to rely a lot more on craftiness and basketball IQ because I lacked athleticism. I'm literally 6'0 and 150 lbs.

Doing 10 is a far cry from 0. The last time I remember not being able to do a pull up was 4th grade gym class.

Doing 10 is a far cry from 0. The last time I remember not being able to do a pull up was 4th grade gym class.

I don't know. I ran cross country in high school and that helped my stamina and speed. Never really care enough to seriously get into weight lifting. Diet wise and commitment wise.

God damn that's skinny dude. But you're fairly young still, right?

I graduated high school at about 6'1", 155. I drank a ton in college but was always active, and was 6'2", 163ish when I ran XC my junior year. By the time I graduated, I was 6'2", 183ish, but far more explosive than I'd ever been, dunking, running around a high 4.4's 40. I just always ate alot, was active in sports, and lifted to help fill my body out.

I graduated high school at about 6'1", 155. I drank a ton in college but was always active, and was 6'2", 163ish when I ran XC my junior year. By the time I graduated, I was 6'2", 183ish, but far more explosive than I'd ever been, dunking, running around a high 4.4's 40. I just always ate alot, was active in sports, and lifted to help fill my body out.

I'm 19, but I've never been able to put on any pounds. Don't really care to either. My Dad said he was the same way when he was my age and gradually started gaining weight later in life.

That's awesome that you ran XC. Some of my best memories in high school.

I'm 19, but I've never been able to put on any pounds. Don't really care to either. My Dad said he was the same way when he was my age and gradually started gaining weight later in life.

That's awesome that you ran XC. Some of my best memories in high school.

I think lifting would be good. It helps fill out one's body nicely, in an aesthetic way, and comes in handy with manual labor. Eat well, do that, continue with your cardio, and like your dad said, you'll gradually put on the pounds, to where maybe you'll weigh 175-180 in 3-5 years. Just my opinion.

I'm meh on XC. Was just good. Liked track more.

And did your coach not put you on some kind of lifting program or was your school to small to have its own weight room?

Ahh another old person who use to be a D1 level athlete.

And did your coach not put you on some kind of lifting program or was your school to small to have its own weight room?

Wow. Lol we had our own weight room dude. Problem is coach wasn't as involved as he should have been. I just can't put on weight I've tried.