What's new

Exum getting to the rim in Cleveland?!

I wonder if on the Cavs boards they start a thread when JC has a good game... that place must be filled with "JC catches fire again" threads.

I wonder if on the Cavs boards they start a thread when JC has a good game... that place must be filled with "JC catches fire again" threads.
I doubt they had the emotional investment in Clarkson that we had in Exum.

I hope Exum finds his way. If he makes the All-Star team one day (unlikely as that is), good for him. I still am glad we made the trade.

Agreed, the kid has been unlucky. I don't think he will ever realise his potential which is a shame cause he belongs in the league.

I think he'd have better off doing a year or two in college to allow his body to mature playing 30 games a year instead of an nba schedule but hindsight is what it is. I wish him the best too.
Maybe so but his first injury his knee just blew out. That could have happened in college. He wasn't playing big minutes in the pros. Some guys are just unlucky and some guys have bodies that are just more injury prone. Dante is still very young and if he is healthy I think he can be a very good player. The problem has been his health and not his talent. He still has time. For some people their expectations were too high so they will never agree that he is talented and this is probably why they bash him. I do not know. I like his skills and from what all his teammates say he worked hard and was a good teammate. So I hope he does well.

Exum basically went straight from playing for a high school team in Australia to the NBA....
the difference is absolutely huge.
It was the USA media who got everyone too excited about Exum including unrealistic expectations on the young fella.
Should’ve gone to a US college to compete at a higher level that Oz high school and things may have worked out differently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exum basically went straight from playing for a high school team in Australia to the NBA....
It was the USA media who got everyone too excited about Exum including unrealistic expectations on the young fella.
Should’ve gone to a US college to compete at a higher level that Oz high school and things may have worked out differently

dude there's nearly 50 million reasons that say he made a pretty decent decision.

He's an awesome kid and i still think if he stays healthy he'll be a very good piece for the right team. Sadly injuries really stopped him realising much of his potential, he needed to be able to play a lot for 3-4 years to develop.

Boise State tried to recruit him as they had three Aussies on their roster and an Aussie assistant coach at the time. He and his dad just laughed and economically they probably made the right decision. Basketball who knows?

dude there's nearly 50 million reasons that say he made a pretty decent decision.

He's an awesome kid and i still think if he stays healthy he'll be a very good piece for the right team. Sadly injuries really stopped him realising much of his potential, he needed to be able to play a lot for 3-4 years to develop.

I just can’t help but think if he had better competition against harder , bigger bodies, then maybe it would’ve assisted him greatly injury wise before coming up against massive men who are the best at their trade. I hope he finds a home in Cleveland and becomes a strong piece for them.
He’s still going to play for Australia no matter what country he plays in so I’ll back him all the way ...

Speaking of Aussies, here is an interesting story about a guy JIngles knows quite well, and it is rumored that the Jazz were one of the teams he was negotiating with. Landale Still Shooting for NBA Dream (nbl.com.au)

Jock goes pretty good. Saw him play for Oz ball team at some tournament I can’t remember .
Never be a star as such however.
Prob wouldn’t get much burn on the Jazz with our current roster.

Boise State tried to recruit him as they had three Aussies on their roster and an Aussie assistant coach at the time. He and his dad just laughed and economically they probably made the right decision. Basketball who knows?

Oh for sure the $ would’ve been a big factor as it would be for anyone....
but he probs limited his learning potential and therefore playing potential by not heading to a college in the states .....
oh well, best of luck young buck..
pretty sure we won that trade though

O
Dumb Snyder does not have a clue how good exum can be when he is allowed to play with freedom. DANTE plays like a mvp when the coach trusts in him, allows him to make mistakes and plays with freedom.
oh here we go again

Dumb Snyder does not have a clue how good exum can be when he is allowed to play with freedom. DANTE plays like a mvp when the coach trusts in him, allows him to make mistakes and plays with freedom.
He also don't last 2 quarter and miss season