What's new

Fantasy Draft: Sandwiches

Can't wait for Computer to bump this thread when one of the sandwiches he picks gains any sort of notoriety in the future.

My 3 favorites are Philly cheesesteak, french dip, and pastrami. Pastrami is pretty hit or miss for me though. There is some bad pastrami out there.

My favorite sandwich in the world was a pastrami from a place called grinders (on 47th south and right off I-15) and they very recently closed. I was headed there to get my sandwich that I love and showed up and the place had been demolished already. Almost cried.

My favorite Philly place closed too but bout time does a good enough job that I don't miss it much.

Place in the malls that specializes in steak sandwiches and potatoes is really good too

Dude, you need so much help with your restaurant choices. That Grinders off 4500 s was garbage compared to the Grinders off 2100s. 4500s used cheap meat, cheap bread, etc. It was all cheap. I don't know how they were both even called Grinders. They weren't even the same.

If those mall choices are your favorite Cheesesteaks then you must not have ever tried DP Philly Cheesesteak. They are one of the best, if not the best in town.

Whats next, you gonna tell us that McDonalds makes the best hamburgers?

Anyone here seen the "How-To: Make the World's Best Sandwich with Action Bronson" Video ? I'd post it but there's curses.

My go-to sammich at the local deli is;

"The Gasm" - Chicken cutlet, melted Mozzarella & Bacon on a toasted Garlic Hero with Russian dressing & Cole Slaw

That and a fresh lemonade/iced tea mix.

Dude, you need so much help with your restaurant choices. That Grinders off 4500 s was garbage compared to the Grinders off 2100s. 4500s used cheap meat, cheap bread, etc. It was all cheap. I don't know how they were both even called Grinders. They weren't even the same.

If those mall choices are your favorite Cheesesteaks then you must not have ever tried DP Philly Cheesesteak. They are one of the best, if not the best in town.

Whats next, you gonna tell us that McDonalds makes the best hamburgers?
I didn't say the mall places are my favorite cheesesteak silly. I said my favorite place shut down and now bout time is my favorite. I do really like dp a lot too. (Hate moochies btw)
Virgs has a good Philly too (their french dip is better though)

That grinders on 45th was awesome! They had the best onions i ever had, best pastrami I ever, best pickle relish I ever had, and fantastic tomatoes, cheese, and mayo. I agree that the bread wasn't the best but I liked it ok too. They also had fries that were different from everyone else's but they skimped on the fry sauce though.

5 rounds
Serpentine draft
No trading picks
Will probably cap at 8 people
*Hotdogs and tacos are not sandwiches*
*A hamburger is a sandwich*

At the end we have a vote to see who drafted the best sandwiches.

Draft will be casual. No rush to draft.

Anyone interested?

Current Roster:
1. Saint Cy
2. Siro
3. White Chocolate
4. FishOnJazz
5. Computer
6. LazyD
7. Spycam

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

In!

In.

Reuben
French dip with real roast not that carved crap
Philly with a maranera sauce. If you have not tried this you have not lived.