What's new

Favorite Seinfeld episode

Beantown

I have been thinking about what my favorite episode of Seinfeld is. I think I've decided my favorite is the carpenter episode where George builds a bed under his desk. Other favorites are the contest, the hamptons, and the backwards india wedding.

What is your favorite?

I like the one where George does everything the opposite and gets the job with the Yankees.

I love the Hamptons episode. " I was in the pool! I was in the pool!" And for some reason the Pen episode really cracks me up. "Do me a favor, take the pen." I just like Jerry's relationship with his parents.

The Contest, The Hamptons, The Bubble Boy, The Implant, The Mango, The Puffy Shirt, The Note, The Pen, The Tape, etc. etc.

I have the whole series on DVD and it's too hard to pick a favorite. They're all gold (Jerry, gold!) except for a couple in Season 9. Basically the more minor characters, the better. Newman, Frank Costanza, Jackie Chiles, David Puddy, Kenny Bania, J. Peterman, Jack Klompus, etc all made the show.

My favorite is when Kramer builds the Merv Griffin set, Jerry plays with his girlfriends toy collection, George runs over the squirrel, and Elaine gives the co-worker tic tacs. This show also has my all-time favorite Seinfeld line...

"What? Two animal acts on the same show? What is this, amateur hour?"

I bust a freaking gut every time I hear that line.

My favorite is when Kramer builds the Merv Griffin set, Jerry plays with his girlfriends toy collection, George runs over the squirrel, and Elaine gives the co-worker tic tacs. This show also has my all-time favorite Seinfeld line...

"What? Two animal acts on the same show? What is this, amateur hour?"

I bust a freaking gut every time I hear that line.

That is a great one.

Kramer acting like a host is one of his best moments...

..."when you're on my set, you clean it up mister!"

The Suze, when Peterman gets up to speak at her memorial.

"...the sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to return soup at a deli."

Marine Biologist.

Also...

"Hello, is somebody there? Mr. Marbles?"

"The Boyfriend" two-part episode featuring Keith Hernandez and when George gives the unemployment office the number to Jerry's apartment and asks Jerry to answer the phone "Vandelay Industries", only to have Kramer blow the whole thing.

The unemployment number to Jerry's apartment makes me laugh out loud everytime. "Say Vandelay industries! Say Vandelay industries!..." "And you wanna be my latex salesman." George's antics seem to get funnier over time. The Man-hands episode is a classic and of course, the Contest. I recently got a chance to re-watch the Van Buren Boys episode. "Well it was when I was bangin'!"

All good ones mentioned...some others that I don't think were thrown out there were the one where George is pissed his friends want to name their kid Seven (I love when Susan tells him the name sucks and there's no way they're naming their kid Seven and he yells out the window, "Don't get all crazy on me!"), the one where he wants to convert to Latvian Orthodox, and the one where Jerry races that guy over again (love the scene where George pretends to just run into Jerry in the diner years later and the scene on the train where the Russian flips out on Kramer for saying the Ukraine's weak).