What's new

Favors 3yr/27M

Now to fill the void of long perimeter defender we just need to trade bag of chips to Cavs to get Exum back in !!! Amiright.

You know it makes sense.

Wonder how all the fans of the Udoka pick feel about the jazz signing Favers for 3 years. Doesn’t look like Udoka will be getting any playing time anytime soon. Weather Udoka is a total stud or not. This looks like a wasted pick

So Udoka is insurance as a backup if/ when favors knee or back acts up. I think this makes more sense now.
Not only that, but it gives him time to develop. I haven't seen him play but just based on his physical attributes, he sounds like someone with the potential to be a dominant force under the basket. Actually, went and watched some video of him. He's not as bulky as I imagined. In fact, he moves very well. Reminds me a little of Patrick Ewing.

So I’m not gonna be pissed about Favs coming back. He fixes an issue... and he is the best dude... like the best. I go to a handful of road games every year and every time Favs stops and signs for the kids and interacts a little. You have no idea how rare it is and it just shows the kind of person he is. It’s great to have back. Of the two center acquisitions we made this week this is the one that makes the most sense.

After these deals, a Rudy trade makes so much sense. With Don and Rudy extensions, we have a $150 million team for 21-22.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Rudy is gone. Remember when I made the thread about Haywad being gone and everyone freaked out? Granted, that was his decision but we're not re-signing Rudy. The beef between he and Donovan is the primary reason, IMO. I think the blame lies with Donovan more than Rudy for the beef, but we're keeping Don over Rudy. That's why we drafted Azubuike. Welcome back Derrick, hope you and Chewbloka kill it.

SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Jazz general manager Justin Zanik had a pretty simple explanation for why the Jazz went with lane-protecting and rim-rolling big man Udoka Azubuike with the No. 27 pick.

Azubuike was college basketball's best rim protector and he was unstoppable rolling to the rim — things the Jazz highly value. And considering 12 of the first 35 picks were big men — many of which aren't really considered versatile bigs — the Jazz didn't want to risk losing Azubuike. So they took him in the first — ahead of where most projected him to go.

"What we felt at the end of the day was that Doke was the best defensive player, best player available, given his unique production, physical attributes and ability to affect both offensively and defensively on the court," Zanik said.

Last edited:
I’m genuinely happy Favs is back like I really ain’t mad... I think there are some holes and some additional value we could have got but this signing warms my heart.

Rudy is gone. Remember when I made the thread about Haywad being gone and everyone freaked out? Granted, that was his decision but we're not re-signing Rudy. The beef between he and Donovan is the primary reason, IMO. I think the blame lies with Donovan more than Rudy for the beef, but we're keeping Don over Rudy. That's why we drafted Azubuike. Welcome back Derrick, hope you and Chewbloka kill it.

SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Jazz general manager Justin Zanik had a pretty simple explanation for why the Jazz went with lane-protecting and rim-rolling big man Udoka Azubuike with the No. 27 pick.

Azubuike was college basketball's best rim protector and he was unstoppable rolling to the rim — things the Jazz highly value. And considering 12 of the first 35 picks were big men — many of which aren't really considered versatile bigs — the Jazz didn't want to risk losing Azubuike. So they took him in the first — ahead of where most projected him to go.

"What we felt at the end of the day was that Doke was the best defensive player, best player available, given his unique production, physical attributes and ability to affect both offensively and defensively on the court," Zanik said.

There is a lot of logic to trading Rudy. Many thought we were good with Favors at C. Udoka replaces some of the rim protection.

If we trade him, I think it's Boston or Atlanta.

There is a lot of logic to trading Rudy. Many thought we were good with Favors at C. Udoka replaces some of the rim protection.

If we trade him, I think it's Boston or Atlanta.

Who do we get for him from Atlanta? And would we get Brown from Boston as some have mentioned?