What's new

Favors in the playoffs

The realistic option is trading Al for another overpaid player expiring this year that is not as good as him and have the other team throw in a crappy pick or rookie contract player.

Okay, reading this again, I don't see how what both of you say matches your negative sentiment toward everyone in the organization.
It's not that Al has zero value, it's that he doesn't have $15mm per value, which makes KOC's job extremely difficult. Jefferson on an $11mm per deal was a done trade last season. What do you expect O'Connor to do if he can't trade AJ and the league would penalize the Jazz if he outright made AJ sit on the bench? KOC took a flyer on a guy who potentially paired very well with that D-Will team, but instead got stuck with a bad contract that performs but not at the value needed. It's not like this is a Rashard Lewis situation where you can justify playing him as the 10th man on the bench.
Someone please tell me what KOC's other realistic options are.
I am Tanklin reporting from Tankville two years in a row.

Would the league fine the jazz if jefferson came off the bench? What about if he played 25 minutes per game instead of 33?... I dont think the league would fine the jazz for that personally.

The realistic option is trading Al for another overpaid player expiring this year that is not as good as him and have the other team throw in a crappy pick or rookie contract player.

We already missed that chance with Kevin Martin, who's averaging 16pnts on 47/47/93.5.

I won't believe for one second we couldn't have had him for Al at some point in this saga.

We already missed that chance with Kevin Martin, who's averaging 16pnts on 47/47/93.5.

I won't believe for one second we couldn't have had him for Al at some point in this saga.

I don't think shooting percentages can transfer like that. They would be lower if he was on the Jazz.
But that's beside the point. You are correct, not having Al would be neat-O!

I don't think shooting percentages can transfer like that. They would be lower if he was on the Jazz.
But that's beside the point. You are correct, not having Al would be neat-O!

And, who knows, if we had made that swap at last year's trade deadline, maybe WE could have swapped Martin, Burks, GS pick, another pick for Harden.

Long Con is big shart.

You seem to be stuck on only the offensive side of the ball. You keep using the word "raw" to describe Favors. That word only applies to the offensive side of the ball.

Defensively, he came onto this team as one of our best defensive players.

If you don't agree with what people are saying that is fine, that is what this place is for. Just don't be ignorant.

favors has always had terrific defensive instincts and we can both agree that his offensive game is catching up to that but c'mon man.

he had a habit last year of getting himself into foul trouble too quickly by trying to block every shot. even early this season he was putting opposing players in "and-one" situations by trying to block the ball after a foul had been called on someone else and instead getting called for goal-tending. so i think we can probably agree there is still room for refinement in his defensive game too.

perhaps what you meant to say is that people can disagree but if they disagree with your view they are ignorant.

favors has always had terrific defensive instincts and we can both agree that his offensive game is catching up to that but c'mon man.

he had a habit last year of getting himself into foul trouble too quickly by trying to block every shot. even early this season he was putting opposing players in "and-one" situations by trying to block the ball after a foul had been called on someone else and instead getting called for goal-tending. so i think we can probably agree there is still room for refinement in his defensive game too.

perhaps what you meant to say is that people can disagree but if they disagree with your view they are ignorant.
Those are the kind of mistakes that get corrected as the player plays more minutes.

Yeah, and they would have wanted Gordon, Burks, and our golden state pick along with him.

Yeah, and they would have wanted Gordon, Burks, and our golden state pick along with him.

Sheesh, I mighta done it. A pick in the 20s + a guy rotting + Inconsistent Gordon.

It would have been hard for KOC to turn down if he got to keep Millsap, Favors, and Kanter. We can probably get Maynor in this deal, too.

Mo/Maynor/Tinsley
Harden/Foye
Marvin/Carroll
Millsap/Favors
Favors/kanter

Me Gusta... Whatever. The point was Long Con taint worked

More like, if Favors is the player we think he is he will force TyCo's hand by the trade deadline.

Its not possible to "force" a coaches hand...he is the coach he decides who plays no matter what the players do.

Maybe favors could "force" a trade, or influence the jazz management to fire corbin, but favors has no say in his playing time.

Its not possible to "force" a coaches hand...he is the coach he decides who plays no matter what the players do.

Maybe favors could "force" a trade, or influence the jazz management to fire corbin, but favors has no say in his playing time.

You're kidding, right?

And, who knows, if we had made that swap at last year's trade deadline, maybe WE could have swapped Martin, Burks, GS pick, another pick for Harden.

Long Con is big shart.

Attempting the world's longest domino chain again? Don't shart you'll knock it all over.