What's new

Favors the odd man out

You know. You could complain about every single Jazz player. All of them have the stuff they are good at and stuff they aren't so good at. Kanter, my favorite player. Great on offense. But leaves a lot to be desired passing out of the post and as you mentioned with Favors, dribbling in traffic. On defense he is a good post up defender, but needs to work on his PnR defense. But the reason we all love him, and favors is because they are fun to watch. If you don't find Favors fun to watch, well then I feel sorry for you. Because the San Antonio game 2 weeks ago was amazing seeing him change the course of a game like he did. Yes he has work to do in some areas. They all do.

I've said it before, but it seems that I can't beat this dead horse to death enough times.

Favors needs to work out with a big man coach in the offseason. Forget Santa Barbara-- and the PDX whatever training. The guy already has plenty of physical abillity, but the dude needs to learn how to play ball.

At GT he was parked on the right hand side of the floor to watch the offense run on the left side through Gnani Lawai (sp?). Maybe they worked with him in practice, but he got very limited touches in the game.

In New Jersey he was trade bait.

In Utah he had 20 something games and lock-out summer and shortened season.

Last summer he played 7 days against the olympic team then went home to Atlanta to play pick-up games with some local guy who was 6-5 sg/sf that played about 4 seasons in the NBA.

His coaches on the Jazz are Mike Sanders and Al Jefferson. And while I'm grateful Al was there to atleast show him something, up and under wheezies is not Favors game.

Favors has had very little training and experience in actual NBA post play. He needs to spend a summer getting drilled by competent coaches and experienced players.

And what I said for Favors goes for Enes too. A summer of basketball training with actuall NBA big-men will make these guys much better.

I've said it before, but it seems that I can't beat this dead horse to death enough times.

Favors needs to work out with a big man coach in the offseason. Forget Santa Barbara-- and the PDX whatever training. The guy already has plenty of physical abillity, but the dude needs to learn how to play ball.

And what I said for Favors goes for Enes too. A summer of basketball training with actuall NBA big-men will make these guys much better.

Couldn't agree more.
Favors needs to go live with Hakeem for the summer. If he could learn a third of his moves it would be a well spent summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone PhotoShop the head of a howling wolf onto a one hundred dollar bill, then post it in this thread?

Rep will follow

Favors can work with big man coaches all he wants but it's not going to give him new capabilities that he's physically incapable of having. He shoots 30% from mid-range and 24% in the paint. Learning footwork isn't going to help him overcome the athleticism he lacks in maneuvering his body while shooting.

How any fan can watch his clumsy game and know he shoots 24% in the paint, after 3 full seasons, and still think he is capable of becoming anything but an offensive liability when featured is beyond me.

He'll learn how to play better as we give him more minutes:

2010-2011: 20.2
2011-2012: 21.2
2012-2013: 22.8

By the time he's playing 36 minutes-per-game, in the 2026-2027 season, he'll surely be a much better player.

Is the restricted area not in the paint? Favors shoots 54% in the paint.

He is excellent at weak side putbacks and well set up oops, plays he can't turn the ball over so much. That's where he needs to be & not featured like in the Denver game. It's miserable to watch.

He is excellent at weak side putbacks and well set up oops, plays he can't turn the ball over so much. That's where he needs to be & not featured like in the Denver game. It's miserable to watch.
Oh, I agree. He's definitely not a scorer. Fixing the jumper should be his first priority.

Are there valid concerns about Favors? Yes.

Does that mean he is not valuable to our team and can't continue to improve? No.

Why haven't you responded to the stats Jope posted on page 2, franklin?

I'm pretty down on Favors this year.
Favors was the big big piece in that Deron deal-
Recall that the fact that we got Kanter was lucky (We went from 6th pick to 3rd)

Favors needs to be better to justify that deal as it was constructed.

EDIT- Ehhh forgot about Deron not signing back with us anyways.

And just how does he get better in the current vet era? I've seen enough to tell me once he is a starter on a team without over used vets, crap guards and a ****ty coach that he will thrive.

And just how does he get better in the current vet era? I've seen enough to tell me once he is a starter on a team without over used vets, crap guards and a ****ty coach that he will thrive.

Kanter and Favors both have the same advantages and disadvantages.
Yet, Enes is years ahead of Favors at his game. Maybe not so much defensively simply because of Favors athleticsm,, but certainly offensively.

Kanter has improved soo much from who he was last season, but how about Favors?

The Jazz have to decide whether to extend Favors this summer, right? Maybe they should've tried playing him at some point to see if he's any good before they had to make this decision... NAHHH!

All I know is that next year, I'm excited to (hopefully) see Favors and Kanter starting.

If we could get somebody like Josh McRoberts to back them up, that would also be nice. IMO, he'd be a great backup big to have.

Anyway, I had pretty much given up on Favors being an important or good offensive player at the beginning of this season. To cite DeAndre Jordan and Serge Ibaka as examples as to why the Jazz should give up on Favors illustrates how silly the argument really is.

That said, Favors needs to work on his jumpshot and one excruciatingly simply post move (for when he gets a mismatch, otherwise, his size does him few FAVORS). From those two, perhaps he can string together a competent offensive repertoire. And hey, maybe if the Jazz get some good guard play, he may improve some as well.

ok? do you watch games? Every time Favors plays, the Jazz outscore their opponents.
But that is not true. According to 82games.com in the games up to 3/21 the Jazz were -2.2 when he played and +0.3 when Favors was sitting on the bench - almost the same numbers as what much maligned here Marvin Williams has (-2.4, +0.6). And I distinctly remember how plus/minus was hailed as one of the main arguments why Kanter is such a great player. :D

I mean, if both Favors and Kanter are good, but Marvin is terrible, why the numbers are what they are?

Your fallacy aside...

Do you honestly believe Favors is going to magically alter his game after three years into the league. Dude cannot score on his own. Dude is terrible in PnR. What is it about fans that makes them believe these guys will insert completely new physical-mental skillsets into their games that they fail miserably at? Favors cannot dribble through traffic and is not going to become a PnR threat. It is not inside of him.

Your blind. That is the only explanation I have for this thread and this post.
Well except for your just a troll.