What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

Favors to OKC in works (Update: Traded)

whatthe

Bad news for those that like Larry Nance... the TPE isn't big enough to fit him in. Can't be combined with other salary or exceptions... so that ain't happening
I feel awful having Favors traded. Throughout the regular season his minutes playing against starting 5's was praised because it allowed Gobert and Conley to feast against the 2nd unit. I don't know if we get that now...or it could be a rough adjustment.

campaignist

I feel awful having Favors traded. Throughout the regular season his minutes playing against starting 5's was praised because it allowed Gobert and Conley to feast against the 2nd unit. I don't know if we get that now...or it could be a rough adjustment.
at least he made a lot more money than he would've otherwise.

Wes Mantooth

My biggest problem with it is that we keep pissing away cash and assets instead of consolidating them to go after a big trade for a 3rd star closer to Rudy and Don’s timeline. This roster construction feels like it’s going to crash and burn soon, but they’ll be stuck with it. . . and it keeps getting older.

This is why I really wanted to buy a 2nd last night. The draft was deep. Adding Vrenz would have been awesome.

Coach Ellis

This is why I really wanted to buy a 2nd last night. The draft was deep. Adding Vrenz would have been awesome.
Agreed. That was the exact scenario I was hoping for. Not sure how much picks were costing late in the round, but with him going undrafted I absolutely would’ve gone after a pick to get him. Start building up some young players and hope they break out.

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
Good news is JZ got his excuse to cut Matt... just no room on the roster with Butler, Donovan, Joe, Mike, JC taking up minutes.

Matt Thomas' deal isn't guaranteed anyway. I sure as **** would have drafted Petrusev with that #47 pick though. Think he's going to be at least as good as Frank Kaminsky.

Maybe the Jazz have other plans to acquire a skilled 4/5.

Hearsky

Matt Thomas' deal isn't guaranteed anyway. I sure as **** would have drafted Petrusev with that #47 pick though. Think he's going to be at least as good as Frank Kaminsky.

Maybe the Jazz have other plans to acquire a skilled 4/5.
Matt Thomas contract is fully guaranteed, if not waived by August 3rd.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
Love Favors the person, but it was a mistake to bring him back for anything more than the minimum.

I don’t think you can say that DL was anything more than an abject failure tbh.

The Jazz have spent a ridiculous amount of time, money and resources to find a starting PG (two 1sts for Burke, top 5 pick for Exum, 1st for Hill, 1st for Rubio, two 1sts + Crowder and Allen for Conley) and a backup C (1st for Bradley, 2nd to get rid of Bradley, two 2nds to get rid of Davis after signing him as a FA, 1st for Udoka, another 1st to get rid of Favors after signing him as a FA.)
That is so ****ing depressing.