What's new

Favors to OKC in works (Update: Traded)

I think some of us get tired of the incessant negativity at times here.

Sure, he rebuilt the Jazz and helped lead us to the team's best record in more than two decades. But none of that matters, apparently, since he's an "abject failure" for striking out several times (as if striking out isn't part of the nature of the business).
Ya defensive player of the year, 3 all stars, 6 man of the year, best record in the league, and a historically great shooting team in the history of the nba. Abject failure lol.
Perfect? no. We didn't win the championship. But the roster we had last year also didn't exactly suck.
iirc (and i could be wrong) but DL was the runner up for GM of the year as well.

I probably should’ve worded it better. Of course he’s not an “abject failure” by putting together an incredibly successful roster for pretty much the entire time he was here.

I would consider his asset management philosophy and setting the stage to lose Hayward (without adequately replacing him) to be failures. Jingles, Bogie and Royce are all solid wings, but none is dynamic enough to be that 3rd star. The Jazz have needed a dynamic wing for years, and DL failed to really go after one - even though it’s been the team’s top need for years.
Now thats a good post. I take back my previous posts after reading this.

2024 first round draft pick to Oklahoma City Utah's 1st round pick to Oklahoma City protected for selections 1-10 in 2024 (conveyable if Utah conveys a 1st round pick to Memphis in 2022), 1-10 in 2025 (conveyable if Utah has conveyed a 1st round pick to Memphis by 2023) and 1-8 in 2026; if Utah has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Oklahoma City by 2026, then Utah will instead convey its 2028 2nd round pick to Oklahoma City [Oklahoma City-Utah, 7/30/2021]

Full details on that 2024 pick.

At least we are in control of our own destiny with those protections in case DM does demand a trade and we go into a full rebuild by 2024.

No matter what yall say, I remember 2 years ago when we couldn't get a rebound off the bench. It was tough to watch. Adding favors during the regular season turned missed shots into put backs and threes whereas two years ago it was turnovers and runs that had us give up big leads.

We need a Favorsesque player. We just had to dump that salary. Favors for $4,000,000 / year would have been beautiful. This is one of DLs worst moves for sure and we are paying for it now.

2024 first round draft pick to Oklahoma City Utah's 1st round pick to Oklahoma City protected for selections 1-10 in 2024 (conveyable if Utah conveys a 1st round pick to Memphis in 2022), 1-10 in 2025 (conveyable if Utah has conveyed a 1st round pick to Memphis by 2023) and 1-8 in 2026; if Utah has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Oklahoma City by 2026, then Utah will instead convey its 2028 2nd round pick to Oklahoma City [Oklahoma City-Utah, 7/30/2021]

Full details on that 2024 pick.

At least we are in control of our own destiny with those protections in case DM does demand a trade and we go into a full rebuild by 2024.
Yeah, but those protections are low enough that it’s likely to convey at some even if the Jazz suck, in which case, it’ll be a pretty good pick.

But it’s also far enough down the road that we can’t reasonably make any kind of prediction.

Tristan only has one year on his deal and is less broken than Favs. Kris still makes 5M this year and not sure he's healthy. On the surface it looks bad for us... its not as bad as you think though.
Shame we couldn’t have added Tristan. He would’ve cheated on Kardashian and impregnated probably 5 more women here. Gold digging women and High school basketball coaches are in mourning here.

No matter what yall say, I remember 2 years ago when we couldn't get a rebound off the bench. It was tough to watch. Adding favors during the regular season turned missed shots into put backs and threes whereas two years ago it was turnovers and runs that had us give up big leads.

We need a Favorsesque player. We just had to dump that salary. Favors for $4,000,000 / year would have been beautiful. This is one of DLs worst moves for sure and we are paying for it now.
We've said that so many times about DL that it's lost all meaning.