What's new

Favs Reunion

If he's down to play 20 minutes a game and Gobert is down to rest a few more minutes each game then yes. But I do not want them sharing the court very much at all.

If he's down to play 20 minutes a game and Gobert is down to rest a few more minutes each game then yes. But I do not want them sharing the court very much at all.
We might be able to definitively say that Rudy and Favs don't work together well on offense... we never really got to decide because we had Ricky too. I agree... I don't think it'd be the best use of our MLE. If we got something for Ed and Tony and then signed Favs with the MLE I won't complain.

We might be able to definitively say that Rudy and Favs don't work together well on offense... we never really got to decide because we had Ricky too. I agree... I don't think it'd be the best use of our MLE. If we got something for Ed and Tony and then signed Favs with the MLE I won't complain.
Yup, things MIGHT be different with DM, Ingles, and Bojan slinging from the perimeter.

Correct. Might.
My gut tells me we would have been a better team this year if we were starting Favors instead of Conley. I know that has glorious levels of hindsight, but the point is the substitution of Bricky with Bojan and then run it back.

My gut tells me we would have been a better team this year if we were starting Favors instead of Conley. I know that has glorious levels of hindsight, but the point is the substitution of Bricky with Bojan and then run it back.

true, but I don’t think we ever get Bojan if it wasn’t for us already getting Conley.

I'd love to have Favors back, but I thought this thread was going to be about a favorite Jazz players reunion. Or favorite Jazzfanz posters reunion. Slightly disappointed.

Andy Larsen said something similar in a reddit AMA about a month ago. I miss Favs...

Q: Andy, if the salary cap is dropped next year, do you think the Jazz would prioritize re-signing Clarkson or using the full MLE on a quality player? Or just go into the tax and do both?

A: The obvious answer to that is "Depends who the player they can get with the mid-level is." I honestly think they have a real shot at getting Derrick Favors with the full 4-year mid-level if they want... do you try to keep Clarkson, go for Favors, or both? Both might be the best answer.

Q: I love Derrick Favors as a person and as a player, do you think him coming back to the Utah Jazz is an actual possibility? I hated to see him go and I think we are missing a player with his calliber in the current roster.

A: I do think it is an actual possibility, yes.

I wonder if a lot of this could be as insurance in case we feel compelled to trade Gobert. Incentive even.

What were Favors’ advanced numbers like the last couple years here sans Gobert?

I wonder if a lot of this could be as insurance in case we feel compelled to trade Gobert. Incentive even.

What were Favors’ advanced numbers like the last couple years here sans Gobert?
Very good. The Jazz also had a bad record without Gobert but Favors plays wonderfully when he has space and isn’t overplayed.

Like last time, I think Favors will be more valuable to another team than the Jazz. He played center for the Pels and played it well with a 19 PER and averaging 14.7 rebounds per36.
I don't see him dropping from 17.6 million a year to 8-9 million a year.

Like last time, I think Favors will be more valuable to another team than the Jazz. He played center for the Pels and played it well with a 19 PER and averaging 14.7 rebounds per36.
I don't see him dropping from 17.6 million a year to 8-9 million a year.
Unless something comes from his Bird Rights, then the MLE is his market.

So Tony Jones said on his pod that there is interest on both sides for a reunion between the Jazz and Favors. Said it partly depends on how much the MLE is when the cap situation gets squared away.

This is somewhat surprising to me. I'm not sure if we'd give him the starting PF/backup center role or something else.

TJ is tight with Favs so I trust it, but he kind of made it a coinflip. Anyway... thought it was interesting and Jazzfanz always loves bringing guys back.
I actually haven't generally been a fan of bringing guys back. And it seems out it typically hasn't worked real great. That being said, I'd love for Favors to come back here. I think he's be the exception, if he's willing to come back for the MLE.