What's new

Game Thread Feb 04, 2021 5:30PM MT: Jazz at Hawks

Added to Calendar: 02-04-21

JKJXW33Y5JFQ7JBOIBYZUXMS6I.JPG

QOSXQVJVHFGN5BC6EGVZPKAOFA.JPG

gettyimages-1230608138.jpg

600273f859024.image.jpg

They´re on the second night of a b2b, when we´re on the first, hope it help us close this game rather early if posible

Dynamic wing to defend? Check.

On the road? Check.

Schedule loss.

Yeah ATL lost last night so they may come out hungry for a win. Also last game Trae Young had one of his worst games so he may come out looking for a little revenge... hopefully the Jazz come out with defensive energy and ready to play so if ATL does come out like this the Jazz are in position to be able pull away in the 2nd half.

Atlanta is actually top 10 on offense and defense - their offense is capable of going on mammoth runs.

They're better than their record - they just haven't figured out how to close out games yet. Last night was a case in point. They came back twice against Dallas but fell short at the end.

Not to be taken lightly.

Atlanta is actually top 10 on offense and defense - their offense is capable of going on mammoth runs.

They're better than their record - they just haven't figured out how to close out games yet. Last night was a case in point. They came back twice against Dallas but fell short at the end.

Not to be taken lightly.
I would say that ATL and DAL are both in similar boats in that they had higher expectations and have under achieved so far this season and going back to last year for DAL both have had troubles finishing/closing out games.

Also there's the obvious Trae Young and Luka draft connection.

Hunter is out. But they have Gallinari to replace the scoring, he scored 19 points in 20 minutes of their last game.

The spread is -8.5 Utah. I would bet against that. This team will give us a lot of problems.

Edit - looks like Trae is listed as questionable for this game. Which would be pretty big if he missed it obviously.

I would say that ATL and DAL are both in similar boats in that they had higher expectations and have under achieved so far this season and going back to last year for DAL both have had troubles finishing/closing out games.

Also there's the obvious Trae Young and Luka draft connection.
Yep, ATL's problem is Trae has the makings of an elite level shooter but has thus far been horrendous in the 4th quarter this year with both shooting and turnovers. Which is weird because he came in the league looking like he had the makings of a clutch go-to guy.

The league has made adjustments and he hasn't figured it out yet.

Yep, ATL's problem is Trae has the makings of an elite level shooter but has thus far been horrendous in the 4th quarter this year with both shooting and turnovers. Which is weird because he came in the league looking like he had the makings of a clutch go-to guy.

The league has made adjustments and he hasn't figured it out yet.
You have to mention Trae’s defense if you’re going to breathe a word about how his limitations are setting the ceiling of that team.

Bogdan (their Bogdanavich, not ours) is out too. I'm guessing Atlanta's coach just figured he'd throw in the towel on a b2b, especially after the beating they got last time.

Hopefully this means some burn for the youngins like Oni, Morgan, Shaq, etc.

No Trae... Atlanta is resorting to the strategy of making us lose by being a little shorthanded. Gotta break that curse... Must. Win. Game.
for real though

Seems like these are some of our worst games.