What's new

Game Thread Feb 19, 2021 8:00PM MT: Jazz at Clippers

Added to Calendar: 02-19-21

hydra_by_yoso999_d7bmpqg-pre.jpg

Watched the game 1 again this time with Clippers feed.

Man the Clips bitched about a lot of calls. The refs need to T these fools up!

If we get Conley back, then we can surprise them with he and Bogey combining for 50.

Anyone know if the Clippers are going to be at full “strength” tonight? I wanna know which version the Jazz are beating.

Either way, it’s good that the Clippers are so great at load-management cuz they’re about to manage the Jazz’s for the third time this year.

Anyone know if the Clippers are going to be at full “strength” tonight? I wanna know which version the Jazz are beating.

Either way, it’s good that the Clippers are so great at load-management cuz they’re about to manage the Jazz’s for the third time this year.
I saw that everyone was listed as questionable, which I found odd because I though PG was supposed to be out longer.

I saw that everyone was listed as questionable, which I found odd because I though PG was supposed to be out longer.
tbh, I don't think his injury will get worse, it is just a matter if he can play with the pain involved. It could remain like that for months. might as well see what happens. Plus, it is illegal in California to continually hold a son away from his legal father, Joe Ingles.

Honestly, we didn’t do a good job of breaking their defense last game. They totally altered our shot chart. If they weren’t short-handed and if Rudy hadn’t gone all-world, then it’s hard to imagine that we would win that game.

I’m curious to see Q’s adjustments..... but I’d also consider load management if I were our FO. We already have the season series. Dunno. Tough choice.

Honestly, we didn’t do a good job of breaking their defense last game. They totally altered our shot chart. If they weren’t short-handed and if Rudy hadn’t gone all-world, then it’s hard to imagine that we would win that game.

I’m curious to see Q’s adjustments..... but I’d also consider load management if I were our FO. We already have the season series. Dunno. Tough choice.
One nice adjustment would be Conley returning. They couldn't do what they did on the perimeter with that.

One nice adjustment would be Conley returning. They couldn't do what they did on the perimeter with that.
True. Would definitely like to see Q work against their defense with Conley. ...

I’m also tired of watching all our guys soak up so many minutes in Conley’s absence...

I'd like to see Conley teach Donovan about staying calm under pressure. What I mean by that is that Donovan's response to pressure is often what someone's natural inclination is with a Chinese finger trap -- to pull your fingers apart harder. When people apply pressure, he tries to push even harder over that pressure and it puts him into worse situation, but because it occasionally comes with a reward of a clear lane for an emphatic drive, or a step-back three, it gives this illusion that asserting oneself more is helping. Conley is more like the guy who calmly advances his fingers farther into the trap to release the pressure, then escapes. Donovan is much more "I need to pull my fingers out harder to get out of this thing!" kind of person. Beverley knows this, and Donovan needs to get better on taking the bait.

I'd like to see Conley teach Donovan about staying calm under pressure. What I mean by that is that Donovan's response to pressure is often what someone's natural inclination is with a Chinese finger trap -- to pull your fingers apart harder. When people apply pressure, he tries to push even harder over that pressure and it puts him into worse situation, but because it occasionally comes with a reward of a clear lane for an emphatic drive, or a step-back three, it gives this illusion that asserting oneself more is helping. Conley is more like the guy who calmly advances his fingers farther into the trap to release the pressure, then escapes. Donovan is much more "I need to pull my fingers out harder to get out of this thing!" kind of person. Beverley knows this, and Donovan needs to get better on taking the bait.

I don't like snazzy Deron.

We saw at times when Don was calm in the Nuggets series when he was a true super star.

I want to see more of that.