What's new

Game Thread Feb 24, 2021 8:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Lakers

Added to Calendar: 02-24-21

Lakers are so trash I almost feel sorry for them ( I dont really). Gasol moves like a 50 year old grandma with arthritis. They are not winning a title with this team, not even with Davis

Lakers are so trash I almost feel sorry for them ( I dont really). Gasol moves like a 50 year old grandma with arthritis. They are not winning a title with this team, not even with Davis
Why did they let so many key players go? Danny green, Dwight Howard, JaVale McGee were all contributors. And why hasn’t Kuzma taken the next step? He has some real talent but gets few mins and doesn’t have any plays drawn up for him.

Why did they let so many key players go? Danny green, Dwight Howard, JaVale McGee were all contributors. And why hasn’t Kuzma taken the next step? He has some real talent but gets few mins and doesn’t have any plays drawn up for him.

I have no idea, to me it seemed they had a good thing going last season but for some reason they decided to let go some of the key pieces from their supporting cast. I can understand that they let Green go (he was awful in the playoffs even though they still won) but Howard, McGee and Rondo do make a huge difference and are a big miss for them, especially now with Davis and Schroder out. They dont have rim protection and they dont have a decent PG or somebody else who can create something besides James. Their team right now is old exhausted Lebron and a bunch of scrubs. And their body language on the court looks awful, I mean, they are down by 20 and are still getting outhustled, its pathetic. Kuzma is good enough to be a bench player for contending team but thats about it. I dont think theyre good enough to win the title even with AD and Schroder back, their role players. their supporting cast is just not good enough. Take Gobert and Mitchell off of this Jazz team and you still have a decent team that could fight for a playoff spot. Same thing with the Clippers, take away PG and Kawhi and you still have a team good enough to fight for a playoff spot.
But with the Lakers, take away Lebron and AD and they are probably the worst team in the league. I dont think Jazz should be too scared of this Lakers team, as i already said, Clippers are a team to beat in the western conference. Hell, i wouldnt even be that surprised if Lakers got bounced in the first round by somebody like Spurs (they look good this season and could be a dark horse team) or Nuggets

Last edited:
Some have talked here about a statement win.

When the Lakers get their men all rested up for the finals, and start talking trash about the Jazz, that's when it will be the statement win.