What's new

Game Thread Feb 25, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Spurs

Added to Calendar: 02-25-23

If they are doing thier best to win and they care about winning then it would make sense to play the best players the most. Especially when they are playing fantastic. Kessler played amazing. Not ok. Not good. He was fantastic. And he is by far our best center.

(Tried to quote hermanG but either the app isnt working right or my ipad isnt)

Clarkson on the other hand played like total crap. Stayed on the court all game doe.
Kessler should play all 48!

I'm sure Kessler finishing the game strong has nothing to do with him being well rested through smart substitutions from Hardy. Should be playing 50 mpg

The more minutes for our best young players, the better! Especially when they are playing fantasitc. I agree. That was literally my criticism.

I wouldnt be mad if clarkson played less when he is sucking *** though. Probably never happen though.

I do agree that im nitpicking a bit though. 27 minutes is a healthy amount. I just really like Kessler and like watching him play. When he is killing it out there i want see it continue as much as possible.

I think hardy is a fantastic coach who is like most coaches and gives the younger guys a bit of a shorter leash and lets the older guys suck with little consequence like most coaches do.

Its not a big deal. I was just posting my opinion on things that i like to see. I dont think kessler not playing as much as i want him to is going to ruin him, the season, the team, my fandom or anything else.

Last edited:
The more minutes for our best young players, the better! Especially when they are playing fantasitc. I agree. That was literally my criticism.

I wouldnt be mad if clarkson played less when he is sucking *** though. Probably never happen though.

I do agree that im nitpicking a bit though. 27 minutes is a healthy amount. I just really like Kessler and like watching him play. When he is killing it out there i want see it continue as much as possible.

I think hardy is a fantastic coach who is like most coaches and gives the younger guys a bit of a shorter leash and lets the older guys suck with little consequence like most coaches do.

Its not a big deal. I was just posting my opinion on things that i like to see. I dont think kessler not playing as much as i want him to is going to ruin him, the season, the team, my fandom or anything else.
Thats the thing I dont think Kessler was benched at any point. Hardy just changed rotations as he said.

Lauri played 32, least he has played since Jan 24th (outside of that Minny disaster where Hardy played end of bench big minutes).. KO played 23 and he has averaged 31.5 since the trade deadline.

It was situational and tactical, not performance related.

Ya it was obviously not performance related. I wish performance mattered a bit more. Oh well, no biggie

He's been showing a lot of frustration lately. Hard to tell why exactly but part of it seems to be his own bad play. He has really developed a heads-down bull-rushing mentality and forces his way into the lane regardless of anyone else around him. Seems he isn't looking for his teammates much any more, and every time he gets stuck or makes a bad pass, which seems more often than not recently, he throws his hands up and shakes his head and just gets lost in the next play. He is letting all this get to him and get in his head. Where is the coach in all this? I would expect to see Hardy working with him to get him past this, but it seems like they don't interact much. I wonder if they shopped him harder than we know and he knows it and is showing his frustration, but no matter what happened he needs to get out of his own head and just play the way he was earlier, more within the flow of the game.
i think the defense and playcalling is wearing him down. he is now facing opponets best defensive guards like brooks and dfs. before these guys were assigned to mitchell. he's not gonna get DM level calls because you know they are not the same level anyways. jazz need to get another star to pair with Lauri then jc becomes the 3rd guy (if hes still here next season)