What's new

Game Thread Feb 25, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Spurs

Added to Calendar: 02-25-23

I loved the few shot fake drives he did. Good job reading the defender and lane.

He seems very smart and decisive with the ball. Hope he gets more responsibility offensively going forward. Would love less clarkson usage and more ochai usage.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

You have a really strange dislike of Dunn. We are talking about a minimum contract guy who is an elite defensive caliber player. On a 15 man roster there is room for a guy like that.

Dunn is the new vando for him it seems

Not a surprise to me. I corrected someone who called Dunn an elite defender. He's anything but.
You didn't correct **** because I strongly disagree with you. Dunn is absolutely an elite defender. What got him out of the league is his minor injuries and Boylan destroyed his confidence offensively. If he can build that confidence back then he can be a productive bench player.

Dunn is an actual good defender though.
This is the LAST time I'll comment on this... (yes, I'm lying)

He's good at bothering ballhandlers. But like most steal hunters, he can't stop himself from reaching if shown the ball. Smart ballhandlers will read him like an open book and blow past him the second he does it. We already saw some of that in these two games.

Other than that, he's prone to ballwatching and getting burned on backdoor cuts. Both typical flaws for guys whose whole game is built on either being on ball or trying to get their hands on it.

You didn't correct **** because I strongly disagree with you. Dunn is absolutely an elite defender. What got him out of the league is his minor injuries and Boylan destroyed his confidence offensively. If he can build that confidence back then he can be a productive bench player.
Fine

Dunn is an actual good defender though.

And vando was a pretty elite rebounder who he said only gets easy rebounds. He just seems to really disloke a dude once he decides he dislikes them to the point he cant see the good that everyone else can see

And vando was a pretty elite rebounder who he said only gets easy rebounds. He just seems to really disloke a dude once he decides he dislikes them to the point he cant see the good that everyone else can see

No, rebounding was actually BY FAR Vando's best skill. Particularly offensive rebounding. That's not saying much though. He may still be out of the league in four years.

This is the LAST time I'll comment on this... (yes, I'm lying)

He's good at bothering ballhandlers. But like most steal hunters, he can't stop himself from reaching if shown the ball. Smart ballhandlers will read him like an open book and blow past him the second he does it. We already saw some of that in these two games.

Other than that, he's prone to ballwatching and getting burned on backdoor cuts. Both typical flaws for guys whose whole game is built on either being on ball or trying to get their hands on it.
He’s still a good defender… even if he’s not perfect. He’s definitely a plus defender. You talk like he’s Harden out there.

Dont really care about the result of the game but at this point Im never happy when Kessler plays less than 30 minutes unless he is in foul trouble.
Kessler was badly outplayed in 1st and 2nd Q. It seems Pop gave Hardy and Kessler a solid favour, as he very clearly had told his team how to nullify Kessler. Kessler (and Hardy) needed this, and I think we can be pretty sure Kessler has been and will be watching film of how Pop's team did it. Should be an excellent learning tool, and Kessler has shown he is a good learner from these kind of situations; Jazz went with that weird small-ball line up at the end of the 3rd Q, and I don't believe Kessler wants to be replaced by JTA (an SF, and not a very good one :eek: ) as Center ever again :p

Kessler was badly outplayed in 1st and 2nd Q. It seems Pop gave Hardy and Kessler a solid favour, as he very clearly had told his team how to nullify Kessler. Kessler (and Hardy) needed this, and I think we can be pretty sure Kessler has been and will be watching film of how Pop's team did it. Should be an excellent learning tool, and Kessler has shown he is a good learner from these kind of situations; Jazz went with that weird small-ball line up at the end of the 3rd Q, and I don't believe Kessler wants to be replaced by JTA (an SF, and not a very good one :eek: ) as Center ever again :p

I saw the first sentence and stopped reading. I dont care if he was badly outplayed. He has earned the right to play 30 plus minutes per game by this point. He is by far our best center. This season is supossed to be all about development and seeing what we have in the young guys. Wins and losses dont really matter.

In summary, idgaf what is going on in the game. If kessler isnt hurt and isnt fouled out then he should never get less that 30 minutes in a game the rest of the season.

By the way, lauri sucked for much of the game too. So did clarkson. (He sucked basically the entire game). They both played over 30 minutes.

Anyways dont give me this he was badly outplayed crap. He was 4-6 from the field (2nd on the team) with 12 rebounds (led the team) and 5 blocks! (led the team) and a plus 10 in plus minus for the game. (3rd on the team) Zero turnovers (led the team). 1 foul. Even had a couple assists. He played quite good.

No, rebounding was actually BY FAR Vando's best skill. Particularly offensive rebounding. That's not saying much though. He may still be out of the league in four years.

Thanks for proving my point.

He is actually starting for the lakers. (Was starting for the jazz for much of the season). In the game being played right now he is 5-6 from the field (1-1 from three and 2-2 from the line) for 13 points with 13 rebounds, 4 steals and a team high +13. Dude is only 23 years old with a work ethic that is off the charts.

You see a guy who doesnt even belong in the league.
Exactly my point.

I saw the first sentence and stopped reading. I dont care if he was badly outplayed. He has earned the right to play 30 plus minutes per game by this point. He is by far our best center. This season is supossed to be all about development and seeing what we have in the young guys. Wins and losses dont really matter.

In summary, idgaf what is going on in the game. If kessler isnt hurt and isnt fouled out then he should never get less that 30 minutes in a game the rest of the season.

By the way, lauri sucked for much of the game too. So did clarkson. (He sucked basically the entire game). They both played over 30 minutes.

Anyways dont give me this he was badly outplayed crap. He was 4-6 from the field (2nd on the team) with 12 rebounds (led the team) and 5 blocks! (led the team) and a plus 10 in plus minus for the game. (3rd on the team) Zero turnovers (led the team). 1 foul. Even had a couple assists. He played quite good.

Oh no only 27 minutes how will he ever develop!

Oh no only 27 minutes how will he ever develop!

Oh you thought i said he wont be able to develop with 27 minutes per game. I see why you are confused now.

What i was actually saying is he played great last night, is by far far our best center and should play 30+ minutes in every game at this point.

He played quite good.
I agree with almost everything you wrote. But it doesn't take that much to see that in the first half Kessler was leaving his guys for multiple wide-open threes - which they made. That's not good, that was pretty awful. Doesn't mean don't play him, but it's also not good for anyone to leave him out there if every other Spurs possession is an open three off Kessler.

There has to be accountability. If any player isn't playing up to par they need to be benched for a moment. Just enough to get the message across. Dog house stuff is bull crap tho.

There has to be accountability. If any player isn't playing up to par they need to be benched for a moment. Just enough to get the message across. Dog house stuff is bull crap tho.

Would be cool to see that happen to clarkson sometimes. I wonder if he EVER played less than 30 minutes all season. I have definitely seen him play poorly alot though.

Just heard doris burke say that luka is 1-5 in todays game when vando is the primary defender.

Oh you thought i said he wont be able to develop with 27 minutes per game. I see why you are confused now.

What i was actually saying is he played great last night, is by far far our best center and should play 30+ minutes in every game at this point.

The idea of entitled minutes is dumb. Let Hardy play who he wants depending on game situation.