What's new

Few notes from last game

If we hide Burke in the weak side corner on D, and he is inefficient on the offensive end, what is the point?

Yeah but DeRozan isn't that good.

If Burks is capable of shooting threes at a good percentage and chooses not to, that's not a very smart move. If he wants to be better, he needs to shoot more threes. Pretty simple.
I agree with what you said about Burks.
Derozan was an all star though. 23 points, 4 rebounds, and 4 assists per game is a good player imo.
I think you have to be good to be an all star

Derozan was an all star though. I think you have to be good to be an all star

He put up good stats. He's slighly above average if he can hit his shots, imo. He doesn't do much other than score though, ok defender, not a passer, not much of a rebounder. And he made the all star team in the eastern conference, that makes a difference.

He put up good stats. He's slighly above average if he can hit his shots, imo. He doesn't do much other than score though, ok defender, not a passer, not much of a rebounder. And he made the all star team in the eastern conference, that makes a difference.
23 points, 4 rebounds, and 4 assists per game is good in any conference imo.
And his team has been in the upper half of the playoff seedings as well iirc. So they are winning too

Derozan was an all star though. 23 points, 4 rebounds, and 4 assists per game is a good player imo.
I think you have to be good to be an all star

And his team loses in the 1st round of the playoffs every year because they can't shoot.

So the team cant shoot. Thats cool. Sounds like more than one player would be involved in a team scenario.
This is going to be one of those agree to disagree situations. I think derozan is a good player. So do people who choose the all star team i guess. So does espn according to their nba player rankings. Oh well. like i said. Agree to disagree on this one. Im not going to be convinced that derozan isn't good and im not going to convince certain posters that he is.

Moving along now.

And his team loses in the 1st round of the playoffs every year because they can't shoot.

Or is it because they can't defend?

I like the way Burks is playing. He hasn't had a lot of open opportunities from three where I was left yelling "why didn't you just shoot the damn 3".

Or is it because they can't defend?

I like the way Burks is playing. He hasn't had a lot of open opportunities from three where I was left yelling "why didn't you just shoot the damn 3".

He has had a ridiculous amount of opportunities. How about when Steve Novak was guarding him at the ft line while Burks had the ball at the 3pt line?

So the team cant shoot. Thats cool. Sounds like more than one player would be involved in a team scenario.
This is going to be one of those agree to disagree situations. I think derozan is a good player. So do people who choose the all star team i guess. So does espn according to their nba player rankings. Oh well. like i said. Agree to disagree on this one. Im not going to be convinced that derozan isn't good and im not going to convince certain posters that he is.

Moving along now.

Fish is just going to stand on his podium and act like 3pt shooting isn't that important. You and Byron Scott can have fun.

Fish was not even discussing three point shooting. He was discussing whether demar derozan is good player or not.

Fish was not even discussing three point shooting. He was discussing whether demar derozan is good player or not.

Cool, Rajon Rondo is a pretty good player, but I don't want him on my team.

Some player's games are just going out of style. There are still players who are basically relics to past generations (Al Jefferson is example of this) but these players rarely have any meaningful success beyond being good individual players because their styles aren't complimentary to how the game is played now. That is what Derozan is (if he continues to be such a bad 3pt shooter).

Are Jefferson and Derozan good players? Yeah, but no way in hell would I want them on my team, or at least on my starting 5.

Some player's games are just going out of style. There are still players who are basically relics to past generations (Al Jefferson is example of this) but these players rarely have any meaningful success beyond being good individual players because their styles aren't complimentary to how the game is played now. That is what Derozan is (if he continues to be such a bad 3pt shooter).

Are Jefferson and Derozan good players? Yeah, but no way in hell would I want them on my team, or at least on my starting 5.
So then we agree about derozan being a good player. Cool

I think everyone in the NBA is a good player, I mean they made it to the NBA.
I thought you were smart enough to know that I was saying that derozan is a good player in comparison to other nba players.
I over estimated your intelligence...... Again

He has had a ridiculous amount of opportunities. How about when Steve Novak was guarding him at the ft line while Burks had the ball at the 3pt line?

You named one opportunity... I just don't see him getting the ball kicked out to him and him passing up the three nearly as often as he used to. Honestly is Novak is guarding him then please go to the basket Alec.

He will shoot more than he has, but I don't want him moving too far from his strengths. He's shooting 51% the last 5 games and getting to the line a ton. If he shoots 35-37% from 3 on a few attempts a game then that will be okay. If he is Derozanesque then that is a decent player. Not ideal, but decent. DD's career best 3 pt. % is 30%. AB has already surpassed that and is a threat out there.

Favs and Gobert's lack of ability to get anything going on offense is more troublesome.

Rondo is waaaaaaay worse than DD. He gets to the line and converts. He is scared to even drive because he's afraid they will foul.

You named one opportunity... I just don't see him getting the ball kicked out to him and him passing up the three nearly as often as he used to. Honestly is Novak is guarding him then please go to the basket Alec.

He will shoot more than he has, but I don't want him moving too far from his strengths. He's shooting 51% the last 5 games and getting to the line a ton. If he shoots 35-37% from 3 on a few attempts a game then that will be okay. If he is Derozanesque then that is a decent player. Not ideal, but decent. DD's career best 3 pt. % is 30%. AB has already surpassed that and is a threat out there.

Favs and Gobert's lack of ability to get anything going on offense is more troublesome.

There was also a time where Meyers Leonard was guarding him at the ft line and Burks was at the 3pt line. Burks took a dribble in and shot a 20 ft midrange shot. What?

There is also more, less easy to remember scenarios where he had the ball at the 3-pt line and just attempted to attack a crowded paint and kicked it back out into a set defense that wasn't penetrated or scrambled.

I mean, he is passing up 3pt shots with 10 FT of space, sometimes even more. We cant, as a team, be passing up shots where teams are allowed to guard us with 4 guys standing right around the key and FT line.

Rondo is waaaaaaay worse than DD. He gets to the line and converts. He is scared to even drive because he's afraid they will foul.

Yet Rondo actually had long periods of time where he was one of the best defenders in the league and was an amazing passer. Is DD better now? Yeah, but prime Rondo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DD.