2.7 TO
2.0 PF
+5.0

.657 TS
.509 FG (9.3/18.3)
.613 2P (6.3/10.3)
.375 3P (3.0/8.0)
.909 FT (6.7/7.3)
I think Donovan Mitchell gets way too much hate around here, but I think people will look back at the trade and realize that the Jazz got all the picks, plus the better player on the better contract. With his current projection, there’s honestly very few players in the NBA that I’d consider trading Lauri for. And to be honest, if any of them became obtainable, I’d try to move heaven and earth to pair them up with Lauri instead.

I think Donovan Mitchell gets way too much hate around here, but I think people will look back at the trade and realize that the Jazz got all the picks, plus the better player on the better contract. With his current projection, there’s honestly very few players in the NBA that I’d consider trading Lauri for. And to be honest, if any of them became obtainable, I’d try to move heaven and earth to pair them up with Lauri instead.
when all is said and done, people ought to thank DM for what he did for Utah. i want to say i am a big DM fan and always will be. the fact he did not go to the press and say i only want to be traded to NY and i wont show up anywhere if traded was huge. it was an adult move that benefitted Utah. the fact that he didnt play out his contract and just leave in free agency was also huge. we got back awesome assets for DM. all jazz fans everywhere should speak of DM in hushed respectable terms. clap and cheer for him when he plays well and remember this. he treated utah soo much better than gordan hayward.

when all is said and done, people ought to thank DM for what he did for Utah. i want to say i am a big DM fan and always will be. the fact he did not go to the press and say i only want to be traded to NY and i wont show up anywhere if traded was huge. it was an adult move that benefitted Utah. the fact that he didnt play out his contract and just leave in free agency was also huge. we got back awesome assets for DM. all jazz fans everywhere should speak of DM in hushed respectable terms. clap and cheer for him when he plays well and remember this. he treated utah soo much better than gordan hayward.
I agree. Well put.

I got no problem with him and never did

Yay. Gets injured during summer league stuff so it directly affects the season. Exactly why I've generally been against this stuff. They put so much strain on their bodies they need some rest time realistically.
I doubt he's injured. It's friendly games.

I doubt he's injured. It's friendly games.
From what I've heard, he wasn't injured. Sure, some general feelings anybody would have after the physical match on Monday. Also a few other of the keyplayers didn't play (like Mikael Jantunen) or were on limited minutes (like Maxhuni and Madsen), and like Lauri rested the match. Probably one or some of the following reasons:
-the team didn't want to take a risk of injury in a meaningless match
-the team wanted to find out who to use in rotation when the starters are resting, and thus gave the dudes probably on (very) small minutes the chance to prove their worth
-mind games, to give the Boomers the impression Team Finland is absolute poop (it's only 8 days to the opening match at World Cup)

What ever the reason, the end result was an absolute trashing, Latvia won 94-57. I sure hope it was some kind of mindgames :p

Yay. Gets injured during summer league stuff so it directly affects the season. Exactly why I've generally been against this stuff. They put so much strain on their bodies they need some rest time realistically.
Not injured and my guess is he isnt even beat up. He is a big name in such exhibition games so they need to justify him sitting out to the ticket holders.

Not injured and my guess is he isnt even beat up. He is a big name in such exhibition games so they need to justify him sitting out to the ticket holders.
Yeah, it had apparently marketed as the rare chance to see Porzingins and Markkanen at the same time. Both indeed were present, they waved to the audience, photos were taken, but neither played due to "injuries".

Yeah, it had apparently marketed as the rare chance to see Porzingins and Markkanen at the same time. Both indeed were present, they waved to the audience, photos were taken, but neither played due to "injuries".
I got the sense Markkanen wanted to play just by the sideline shots of him looking slightly annoyed even at the start when Finland was ahead. So I'm guessing he was probably held out so Tuovi can get an extended look of different 2nd unit combinations to see what holds water against quality opponent.

That's exactly the sentiment I feel with those "unnecessary" NBA games. Now, you guys need to remember that for Lauri it is about a Military command. For the country and because of duty.

Nobody cry for that. Lest Lauri himself. Basketball for Alpha go-to-guy in military. In Finland. You know.

It can hurt. By performance levels, he deserved his off-duty.

Karen plz He's prob just got a couple bruises