What's new

Fire up the Trade Machine

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
The trade deadline is February 9th. Let’s use this thread for discussions about potential trades and throwing out trade ideas. Here are a couple that I have come up with:

Image1673292196.990187.jpg
Image1673292209.884153.jpg
Image1673292217.107897.jpg
Image1673292225.145326.jpg
Image1673292236.702970.jpg

We are currently 9th in the lottery standings and we are only a few games out from 5th/6th. Trading one or two of Beasley/Clarkson/Olynyk/Conley could really help accelerate us getting a better pick.

We should be looking to trade just about anyone imo. The only players I'd keep are Lauri, Walker, and Ochai.

EDIT: And I'd be fine with keeping Sexton too.

We should be looking to trade just about anyone imo. The only players I'd keep are Lauri, Walker, and Ochai.

EDIT: And I'd be fine with keeping Sexton too.
I’d want to get value for many of them.

JC, Beasley, Sexton and Vando should all be worth something. JC is the only one that has a near-term deadline to trade him or lose him.

Would be willing to take less than we should, or bad salary for any of Conley, Gay, THT or Olynyk as long as assets come back in the deal.

Yes to all of the except the last one. I don’t want that salary unless we’re getting something for it and in this case we wouldn’t.

Yes to all of the except the last one. I don’t want that salary unless we’re getting something for it and in this case we wouldn’t.

Kennard has a team option on the last year of his deal. He’d make almost the same amount next year as we would owe Conley if we waived him due to his partial guarantee. It’s more about making us worse this year and maybe Kennard is a good fit for us. I do like him personally.

I think any clipper deal needs to be Covington coming back instead of Kennard. The last thing I want is to create an even larger log jam at sg.

Kennard has a team option on the last year of his deal. He’d make almost the same amount next year as we would owe Conley if we waived him due to his partial guarantee. It’s more about making us worse this year and maybe Kennard is a good fit for us. I do like him personally.
Kennard would be a fantastic addition. Super efficient off ball shooter. Love that dude

Temple's contract next season in non-guaranteed. Hayes had a few good games a couple weeks and I think some Pels fans talked themselves back into him for a bit, but has come back to earth. Pels would probably want to move Devonte in a Beasley trade, but I would prefer to avoid that contract/SG logjam. We could give Hayes the 25 game burn to end the season, but I wouldn't see us retaining him unless it is for a near minimum.

Pels are stacked, but a Zion/Ingram injury is always looming and CJ is old. Probably would be a late 20's pick, but I could see injury bug making it be a ~20th overall pick in a draft where we have no picks most likely.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 1.27.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 1.27.31 PM.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 24
RoCo has basically fallen out of their rotation. They could really use a vet like Conley who won’t take touches from George and Leonard.
I can't see any team needing Conley the player at this stage. He can't play NBA level defense anymore at the point of attack. That matters a lot these days.

I can't see any team needing Conley the player at this stage. He can't play NBA level defense anymore at the point of attack. That matters a lot these days.
I get what you're saying, but I think it's because we watch Mike every night. While he's not a more impactful defender than Reggie Jackson, Conley is basically better than Jackson in just about every other category this year.

While there's lot's to compare the two, here's a basic snapshot right now. This is from 538.
View attachment 13661View attachment 13660View attachment 13659
When you watch the Clips they really need a selfless organizer. Mike would be pretty great for them, but part of their problem is they are old and slow... and Mike might add to that.

The biggest issue with any Mike trade is just his contract. Either we have to take back a bad player with a bad contract... or someone has to give up a contributor... presumably we would want a draft asset... so now they have to give up a good draft asset if they pair it with a bad contract or they have to give up a contributor and an asset?

So I'm just not sure how it gets done and think he stays until next year.