What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

SO what about wingspan.. When you play tough you play tough and when you have brains you can work around such things.Also why is Favors even mentioned with these oother guys who have made all stars teams.. Oh waity its because Jazz fans overrate players on team, Ooops my bad I forgot

BBALL IQ>>>>> Wingspan
All day long
Bball iq is why Gobert has been a disappointment this year but doesn't he have one of the longest wingspan in the game? HAHA
Checkmate

Green was not considered unathletic in college. He was basically Charles Barkley. Def overweight. Still explosive though. Sabonis is both vastly undersized and unathletic. Much like Trey Burke at point guard, that's usually a very, VERY bad combination. Only time will tell though.

Green was not considered unathletic in college. He was basically Charles Barkley. Def overweight.

99% wrong.

Here is the review from NBADraft.net, which was representative of the consensus opinion. They rated athleticism as a 6/10.

"Weaknesses: One of those great college basketball players that doesn't excel in any one particular area ... Tweener, undersized for a physical forward yet lacks the athleticism of a wing ... Lacks explosiveness, agility, elusiveness and quickness off the bounce ... Under the rim finisher, which is troublesome when you consider his size ... Not a threat to shake his defender off the dribble ... Minimal upside ... Vulnerable defending quicker guards on the perimeter ... Could stand to drop some weight ..."

The only similarity with Charles Barkley is his poor size for a big and weight concerns. Otherwise, Sir Charles in college was the antithesis of Draymond Green. He was EXPLOSIVE.

Even though we'll be making the playoffs (BELIEVE IT) DL can still get us a solid rotation player in the draft - like a replacement for Chris Johnson or a defensive-minded PF if we don't resign Booker. Still would be happy with Valentine though.

Green was not considered unathletic in college. He was basically Charles Barkley. Def overweight. Still explosive though. Sabonis is both vastly undersized and unathletic. Much like Trey Burke at point guard, that's usually a very, VERY bad combination. Only time will tell though.

Dude I watch the Big10 all time. Im from Big10 country
Green was not athletic, And calling him Barkley like shows you are clueless about this subject.. Green got by due to his vast bball iq.

Yeah, my Nigel Hayes love has died out a bit after that tourney stretch. I'd still like him in the 2nd round tho.

He needs to go back to college for a year. With the return players they would be pre season top 10 squad.
Happ will be much improved next year after a year of college ball under his belts. That kid has some of the best footwork I have seen in along time

Sabonis had a huge tournament showing. Everyone is raving about him. Great footwork and great hands to go along with Great BBALL IQ and that will make up for his lack of athletic ability and wingspan.
He took the big Ute to school. The big ute some have called a top 5 pick..
Sabonis is the real deal, Excellent pick and pop in todays game and Rebounding is all about effort and heart and not about athletic ability or wingspan.
Yall sleeping on Sabonis but it makes sense since his pops was a Blazers and yal lalways have felt inferior to the Blazers

Needs to show what he can do it the NCAA LEVEL before I comment on pro potential.Most college players are stars in high school

Kay Fielder from Oakland who I have been on all year, That kid is the real deal. His parents want him to go back and graduate but he could declare this year. He is Nate Robinson like with his athletic ability but he is much much better passer and point guard. To me Nate always been a vastly undersized 2 guard. Fielder I like more then Ullis in the pros.
You seen Fielder at all? and if so what your thoughts on him buddy?

I say he's gonna be rated 5-stars by the end of the summer. Remember the name!

Georgia's 4A Player of the year, and he just led his HS to win their first State Championship .. Watchu think??

PG AB
Lyles better then Sabonis?

How can you even say this when they are clearly 2 different type of players with 2 different skill sets? Come on buddy you are better then this.Sabonis is stronger then Lyles too but guess that doesn't matter to you, it only matters who jumps higher right?. Yopu sleep on Valentine and Sabonis.
I gues syou are one of those who view athletic ability over anything and let me tell you something. BBALL is about 80 percent mental..High Iq players are the new rave in the nba along with shooting.. Warriors backcourt isn't athletic at all but they can shoot it and are high iq players... B

How can you be convinced his instints are good by just reading reports and watching highlight tapes?
Crazy concept but actually watch a whole game of some of these players before judging bust or boom..
Ill give you a little hint and that is everyone highlight tapes look good...
Watch them in the flow of the game first
You are better then this PG AB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVdSqMQr-5k

Haven't gotten to watch Chriss at all, but is he going to be a 4 in the NBA? I've seen some people say that he might not be able to guard faster 3s at the next level. Seems like he would be a good fit for when we go small.

Bouche from Oregon could be an interesting mid round pick. 6'10 KD frame, can hit the three, lot of potential if placed in right situation.

pgab,

What are your thoughts on Ochefu in the 2nd? I haven't seen him a ton but in the time I have seen him, I like his body and size a lot. He seems to have good lower body strength and muscle definition and according to DX has a 7'3" wingspan. Not great size but really solid. He runs funny but in general seems to play well within himself and yet with an intensity we really need. He moves and reminds me a little of Kevin Willis.