What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

This Charlotte trade has to be like Hawes&Lamb for Belly and 22 right? Woj I need more... this can't be true.

Givony's initial hunch on Brown going top 4 was right all along. Too bad he ceded to pressure and dropped him to 8 near the end, but he still deserves some props.

Does anyone have any decent information on Bolomboy, Paige, or Wallace? Didn't pay much attention to draft prospects this year, especially 2nd rounders. Would've preferred to draft Qi at #42 instead of trading the pick as I was impressed from the little that I saw of him. Seemed like a worthwhile project at that point in the draft.

Also don't understand why we didn't just select D.Jackson at #42 if we planned on drafting another PG (or in our case PG's), although I admittedly know very little about him (or the PG's we drafted) outside of the fact he was viewed as a potential 1st rounder.

I realize that none of this likely has any significance, just curious of what the more draft savvy posters make of our decisions in the 2nd rd.

Sixers get quite a haul with Simmons, Korkmaz and Luwawu in the first round. Maybe people don't want to admit it, but the Sixers' tank-a-thon might actually pay off if Embiid can play.

Embiid
Noel
Simmons
Luwawu
??

The Kings traded Marquese Chriss for this huge Greek project center Papagiannis at 13. I like the Skal pick-up late in the first round though. They also got Malachi Richardson. So overall, I guess they did well with the upside picks.

Local sources say there continues to be a great effort by the Utah Jazz to move Trey Burke. Surely someone can get together here.

also this...

Tony Jones ‏@Tjonessltrib
A few minutes before the draft, Trey Burke's camp isn't sure what will happen. They are hoping for clarity tonight

Brilliant decision to let him sleeping on the bench in the second half of the season. It was the Jazz fault if he has zero trade value.

The Kings traded Marquese Chriss for this huge Greek project center Papagiannis at 13. I like the Skal pick-up late in the first round though. They also got Malachi Richardson. So overall, I guess they did well with the upside picks.
For everybody's sake I hope they trade Cousins soon. The Kings are going nowhere fast and it's simply a bad fot for both sides.

Blow it up and start over with this new crew.

Something to notice from today - nobody traded a 2017 first round pick today! GMs love the 2017 draft. And it's worth pointing out just how many 2017 draft picks we have:

2017 Utah first round pick
2017 GSW unprotected first round pick
2017 Utah second round pick
2017 Detroit second round pick
2017 New York second round pick
2017 Golden State second round pick

We are set up very well to make some splash and maneuver around the draft next year.

Something to notice from today - nobody traded a 2017 first round pick today! GMs love the 2017 draft. And it's worth pointing out just how many 2017 draft picks we have:

2017 Utah first round pick
2017 GSW unprotected first round pick
2017 Utah second round pick
2017 Detroit second round pick
2017 New York second round pick
2017 Golden State second round pick

We are set up very well to make some splash and maneuver around the draft next year.

I've never rooted for injuries so badly. Curry, Thompson, Green.

Cool to see somebody picked Wang Zhelin. Most people were acting like dude doesn't even exist any more in terms of NBA potential the past few years despite the fact that he owned Hoop Summit, has played well in the Chinese league, has tree trunks for legs, and would easily go 20/10 playing at a US college. But oh no, he has a normal wingspan. Stay clear.

Although I think a lot that is his country screwing him over. I think it was the Chinese government that prevented him from entering the draft a few years ago when he was a hotter prospect.

Last edited:
Sixers get quite a haul with Simmons, Korkmaz and Luwawu in the first round. Maybe people don't want to admit it, but the Sixers' tank-a-thon might actually pay off if Embiid can play.

Embiid
Noel
Simmons
Luwawu
??
I love what they did in the draft this year

Jazz should've kept Isaiah Whitehead, I think he's gonna be really good. The Knicks were willing to trade into the 1st rd to get him. He's got 1st rd talent.