What's new

Following potential 2012 draftees

Oh, and let us not forget who the best ever was.

getty-images_300_3april101.jpg

4cf5b573b52f2dc83dcaa8da3168f581.jpg

https://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/4266/type/college/jarvis-varnado

Well .. if Withey were going to a combine and measurements were able to be compared, I think it would be more apparent to those (you) who has any doubt. But as it stands, Withey will be heading back for his senior year and Davis on to the #1 pick in the draft.

I didn't say he was a better player, just a better shot blocker.

Sorry, just little bit of trivia .. tomorrow, DMiller becomes UK's player with most all-time games played (151).

Just a question. If you had Marshall, Lillard and Rivers on the board, even though Rivers would probably play the 2, would you consider drafting him over the two PGs?

I'd consider it. I'm pretty honed in on Marshall at this point, though. Just watching his last 10 games...he was always the best player on the court. Then watching UNC without him? Nothing clicked for them. I feel like the Jazz are the same. We have all the talented pieces, but no one to put it all together and make it work on a nightly basis. If we get Marshall, I think we'll begin to see more than just glimpses of what our young core is capable of.

I'd consider it. I'm pretty honed in on Marshall at this point, though. Just watching his last 10 games...he was always the best player on the court. Then watching UNC without him? Nothing clicked for them. I feel like the Jazz are the same. We have all the talented pieces, but no one to put it all together and make it work on a nightly basis. If we get Marshall, I think we'll begin to see more than just glimpses of what our young core is capable of.

I agree, i think talent wise River's will end up being a better player than Marshall or Lillard, but as far as beneficial as a team goes I think that Marshall would be best. If we hadn't drafted Burkes last year i'd be all in for Rivers but the glaring weakness is obviously PG. Also I agree with PKM that Rivers is not suited to play PG at all.

This.

This Marshall vs lillards reminds me of the arguments of dwill vs cp3. I have to admit those highlight videos give me concern on lillard. I think with our scorers I am lening towards Marshall today. But if the are both gone I say best sf on the board. Ok maybe just BPA looks to be a big.

This Marshall vs lillards reminds me of the arguments of dwill vs cp3. I have to admit those highlight videos give me concern on lillard. I think with our scorers I am lening towards Marshall today. But if the are both gone I say best sf on the board. Ok maybe just BPA looks to be a big.

I'll take option C and trade for Rondo. With Rondo-Burks-Hayward-Millsap-Favors we'll out run most teams.

Spacing is going to be important for Favors and Kanter. I'm just worried that opposing PGs will sag off of Marshall to cover the passing lanes and double the post. Marshall has to keep people honest with his jumper at a minimum. Lillard looks like a guy who can score 25 pts. inside and out. The question is his passing. What we really need is a Kendall Lillard.

On another note, I still think Quincy Miller has potential to be a franchise player. He is just a freshman coming off an ACL injury and just didn't get the ball in positions to score and seemed to defer to Acy and PJIII. Miller at the high post with Favors and Kanter would be just awfully tough to defend.

Spacing is going to be important for Favors and Kanter. I'm just worried that opposing PGs will sag off of Marshall to cover the passing lanes and double the post. Marshall has to keep people honest with his jumper at a minimum. Lillard looks like a guy who can score 25 pts. inside and out. The question is his passing. What we really need is a Kendall Lillard.

On another note, I still think Quincy Miller has potential to be a franchise player. He is just a freshman coming off an ACL injury and just didn't get the ball in positions to score and seemed to defer to Acy and PJIII. Miller at the high post with Favors and Kanter would be just awfully tough to defend.

Miller appeared kind of unathletic, it could have been the knee injury, but it is something that concerns me.

I agree on Quincy's potential, but there's no way Lillard is capable of scoring 25ppg in the NBA. Sorry...just no.

Miller appeared kind of unathletic, it could have been the knee injury, but it is something that concerns me.

He's more athletic than he showed at Baylor this year, but even pre-injury he wasn't thought to be a world class athlete.

I agree on Quincy's potential, but there's no way Lillard is capable of scoring 25ppg in the NBA. Sorry...just no.

I'm not saying he'd average 25 pts., but he can go for 25 pts. He's a talented offensive player. He averaged over 24 pts. while shooting 47% at Weber State.

I think we can all at least agree that the NBA world will be buzzing if we end up getting the Warriors' pick and taking Lillard at 9 or so. If it were the Knicks and KOC made that pick then it would potentially get him canned after the first year if Lillard didn't show promise. Here he can be a bust and I could see KOC retaining his job.

If we land two picks I still like Miller and Rivers.

I want a PG more than anything else, and I'm pretty sure Rivers will be more fitted to play at the 2. I can see him getting some time at PG, but it's not where he'll play the majority of his minutes, IMO, nor should it be.

If we get two picks in the lottery, I say grab Marshall and either Miller, Lamb, or Rivers. Then hope Darius Miller falls to us in the 2nd. That would be my ideal draft.

I agree with whoever said above that we should find a way to get Rondo. Take BPA's, package everything including our souls.