Following potential 2013 draftees

Hal

BTW, Beilein's offense is just perfect against the Cuse defense. There's enough spacing because so many players can hit the 3, Burke can penetrate and McGary is doing a good job of running the baseline and the high post. All credit to Beilein in this one so far.

Hal

I don't like it because David Lee is a ****ty defender. Let's all try to remember that this one half of one game.

While Lee is a crappy defender, he at least has the ability to be good at it. That's why I compared McGary to him, not necessarily because they played the same, but because I feel like have the same kind of physical abilities (Lee is more athletic though) and would play roughly the same role on a team.

NUMBERICA

I just don't see Marshall as ever being a legit starting PG. Can't play defense and he can't shoot.

In regards to Stockton, I definitely agree that he was a very efficient player who could score well. There's not a doubt in my mind that he could have averaged 20 ppg for the majority of his career if he wanted to. I was more getting to the point that a lot of Jazz fans seem to think that all we need is a pass first PG to succeed, and while there's nothing wrong with a pass first PG, I think they do need to show the ability to score, and Marshall/MCW do not show that ability.

I don't really disagree with any of this either. I would just say that I would love to have Marshall (SOMEthing) right now as opposed to what the Jazz have right now at the position (nothing).

(This is referring specifically to players that might still be on the team and contributing in 5 years)

NUMBERICA

Have you seen him play at all in the tournament before this game? Your right though, he is like a David Lee on offense but not on defense.

I haven't caught a lot of the tournament, but I know he's been playing very well.

Dr. Jones

In pursuit of #9
Contributor
McGary is playing great. Is a good college player.. but most of you guys are overhyping his projection to the NBA, imo.

A-Train (old)

I haven't caught a lot of the tournament, but I know he's been playing very well.

I doubt his stock will ever get higher than it is right now and this is a weak draft. If I was him I would declare for the draft and McGary could very well be a lottery pick and maybe a top-10 pick.

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
BTW, Beilein's offense is just perfect against the Cuse defense. There's enough spacing because so many players can hit the 3, Burke can penetrate and McGary is doing a good job of running the baseline and the high post. All credit to Beilein in this one so far.

Did you notice that Syracuse pulled their 3-2 out about 10 feet to respect Michigan's long-range shooting? Burke and Stauskas aren't afraid to jack from 28 feet.

Dr. Jones

In pursuit of #9
Contributor
I doubt his stock will ever get higher than it is right now and this is a weak draft. If I was him I would declare for the draft and McGary could very well be a lottery pick and maybe a top-10 pick.

End of lottery maybe.. maybe.

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner

McGary seems like he could go right around where Olynyk is, but more likely 16 - 20. The Louisville player Luke Hancock should also strike while the iron is hot in this draft, even though he looks more like a 2nd-round prospect.

Hal

McGary is playing great. Is a good college player.. but most of you guys are overhyping his projection to the NBA, imo.

Here's the thing, I'll always say whom a player's abilities remind me of. Whether they can replicate that players stats or production is up to them, and it's not something I'm going to particularly predict, because it's not very easy to.

At least some of us are giving thoughts on players, rather than vague offerings.