What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

One goal would be to keep a foreign player in the draft, but Giannis was probably going to stay anyway.

Another I guess is to try to get the player to shut down workouts with other teams.

The downside is that the team that makes the promise reveals their hand and another team that wants that player can try to trade above the first team.

How binding are these "promises" though? Could Milwaukee 'promise' Larkin in order to try to force the Jazz to take him at #14 and leave another player they want at #15?

I'd be very surprised if they're contractually legally binding.. but rather political suicide for not executing on the promise (with agents, other teams.. etc.).

I'm sure there must be better reasons than I've thought of... so I'm going to find out.

One goal would be to keep a foreign player in the draft, but Giannis was probably going to stay anyway.

Another I guess is to try to get the player to shut down workouts with other teams.

The downside is that the team that makes the promise reveals their hand and another team that wants that player can try to trade above the first team.

How binding are these "promises" though? Could Milwaukee 'promise' Larkin in order to try to force the Jazz to take him at #14 and leave another player they want at #15?

Well I hope the Jazz front office isn't that dumb. I think the Jazz front office do their homework and pick what they believe is the best pick for them. It doesn't always work out.

Givony took the mock to 10-12 NBA Teams and they gave him feedback. Jazz must like Larkin, I have been probably the biggest Larkin supporter on this board. Bucks promised him #15, if the Jazz want him he isn't going to last till #21 so gotta take him at #14.

I like Larkin a lot, but not at 14. Though it depends on what other prospects are on the board at the time.

Larkin/Saric/Todorovic

The ESA crowd would certainly give Lindsey an 'entergetic' welcome to the draft party if he announced all those.

In the end, it doesn't matter who you guys like. Larkin will be a good player, book it. If the Jazz like him and want to draft him at #14 I would trust them.

Other notes from latest DX mock.

Len is up to 4
Olynk back in lottery #12 to Thunder
Adams shoots up to #10 Potland
Zeller falls to #11
fist pg taken is Burke at #7 to Sac.
Gianias falls to Thunder at 29
Wolters goes to Potland #40
Kybongo #51 to Magic ??

Who knows what will happen, frankly, I think I can live with just about anything. If Schroeder and Larkin are both available and they've worked them both out, I trust their decision.

I guess it is sort of, I am just saying I just happen to like Larkin and maybe the Jazz do too.

Certainly possible. Btw.. I like Larkin a ton in the 2nd.. not so much at 21.. and hate it at 14. Its nit that I just don't like the guy.