What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

And in my defense, he is actually way way better than the guy was the actual #1 pick. I think he is the 2nd best player taken in the lottery that year.

This.

I said this once, but it's worth mentioning again. Giannis may not be done growing. He just turned 18 and grew 3 inches in 10 months. Imagine if this kid gets up to 6'11. He's just too intriguing to me.

Can u manage my stock portfolio?

I would be pumped if we could land the 13th pick while keeping the 14th and get Karasev and Schroeder, then either going with a backup big at 21 or Giannis as a project SF.

Seems like a lot of us knew about or had some kind of inkling about Schoeder which is cool.

Edit: meant Giannis.

Last edited:
Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody 21 May:Lindsey brought up this interesting fact: "We were evaluating players older than Gordon." Hayward turned 23 years old in March.

So clearly the Jazz have locked in on the 3 guys older than Hayward.

#14--Mason Plumlee C
23 years old; 7'0"; 238 lbs.
Duke, Senior

#21--Jeff Withey C
23 years old; 7'0"; 222 lbs.
Kansas, Senior

#46--Colton Iverson C
23 years old; 7'0"; 263 lbs.
Colorado State, Senior

With a little luck Jazz could land 2 of the three on draft night.

Jazz have been in on Withey for longer than we realize.

And in my defense, he is actually way way better than the guy was the actual #1 pick. I think he is the 2nd best player taken in the lottery that year.

Who ya got? McCollum #1? I agree with ya. I like Otto. I love skilled guys at the small fwd position. I love me some Boris Diaw. He reminds me of me.

I think with NBA spacing and screening, Burke can do a lot. He has a pull-up jumper, a cross-over, and a floater in the lane. If both Burke and Burks were playing together at full speed, that would be pretty exciting and virtually impossible to guard.

LOL

Yeah you're probably right about him not being your traditional point guard, but Burke just looks meh to me. I'd go with the best player and McCollum just looks like a better overall player to me. Plus in today's NBA it seems like scoring pg/combo guards are supplanting traditional pg's because there are like what? Five in the whole league?

Pretty dece.

Problem with picking McCollum is do we start him at PG? Or do we need another PG to handle the rock? If we're drafting him to play SG, then no thanks as we already have Burks & Hayward for that... 3's a crowd.

If we're drafting him to play PG, can we trust him to do that full time?

Sometimes, we just overthink things.

Sometimes, we just overthink things.

I dunno.. in hindsight would I have picked him over Burke? Probably... but remember he had a foot injury coming out of college as well so it's a bit iffy whether or not he's a good risk to take. He's playing VERY well now but it could also have gone the other way with that injury who knows?

Also who would have thought Burke's 3 point shooting would have not improved at all after college? I mean he was a VERY good 3pt shooter at Michigan.

I forgot that I was so high on WCS... but I've always liked defense-first players, so I guess it isn't too surprising

McCollum WILL find an offensive niche in the NBA game; he's too talented not to. If he isn't a starting pg, then he's something else you can use.

His battery of hesitation moves makes up for any lack of explosion...

yep

Just wanted to bump this thread because this is the thread I said Otto Porter would be better than Andrew Wiggins.

GUESS WHO HAS A HIGHER PER THIS YEAR?

54599346.jpg

2014-10-otto-glass-what-did-porter-see.jpg