What's new

Following potential 2014 draftees

I'll be honest, I don't like Aaron Gordon that much.

He's like what...6'7 and thinks he's Blake Griffin? That ain't gonna work out. He doesn't really have an outside shot, he's just good at dunking. He is very athletic, but to do what Griffin does, he needs to have a far stronger body, and I don't think he has the frame for it. He has to develop his game a lot more before I start going crazy over him.

I get it. He is bigger than that.. and he can do more, even at this stage (and less).. but he will be GREAT in college. Pros? Not so sure.

I'll be honest, I don't like Aaron Gordon that much.

He's like what...6'7 and thinks he's Blake Griffin? That ain't gonna work out. He doesn't really have an outside shot, he's just good at dunking. He is very athletic, but to do what Griffin does, he needs to have a far stronger body, and I don't think he has the frame for it. He has to develop his game a lot more before I start going crazy over him.

He has better handles then I expected. He is a dunk machine and not much else.

Like I said, he has the most bust potential.

Eventually, Wiggins will be called Ender and the 2nd option on his team when he wins his first title will be known as Bean

Rivals just released their final rankings for 2013 ('14 draft class.. of OADs).

1) Wiggins
2) Randle
3) Gordon
4) Parker
5) Andrew H
6) Chris Walker
7) Aaron H
8) Vonleh
9) Dakari Johnson
10) Kasey Hill
11) James Young
12) Wayne Selden
13) Jarell Martin
14) Isaac Hamilton
15) Bobby Portis
16) Isaiah Hicks
17) Austin Nichols
18) Keith Frazier
19) Marcus Lee
20) Rysheed Jordan

Last edited:
Are the point of these rankings trying to rank who will be the best college players, or who will be the best pro prospects?

Are the point of these rankings trying to rank who will be the best college players, or who will be the best pro prospects?

College. There's some inference to pros.. but it's actually more about who's better right now with a bit of potential sprinkled in. (I said a whole lot there to try to say its less about potential and more about now.)

Rivals just released their final rankings for 2013 ('14 draft class.. of OADs).

1) Wiggins
2) Randle
3) Gordon
4) Parker
5) Andrew H
6) Chris Walker
7) Aaron H
8) Vonleh
9) Dakari Johnson
10) Kasey Hill
11) James Young
12) Wayne Selden
13) Jarell Martin
14) Isaac Hamilton
15) Bobby Portis
16) Isaiah Hicks
17) Austin Nichols
18) Keith Frazier
19) Marcus Lee
20) Rysheed Jordan

There is a lot about the top of that list I personally disagree with.

Anyone else watching the McDonalds slam dunk contest replay on ESPNU?

Wiggins is unreal.....

Also the Walker kid going to Florida reminds me of Bosh (Could be his looks ha)

Only through round 2 but Wiggins dunk in that round was sick.

So with all the players returning next year, that only makes the '14 draft that much stronger. Smart, WCS, now possibly McGary and GRIII, among others I am sure I am missing that could have been lottery picks, There will be some great players in the middle of the draft next year. Hope the Jazz can somehow get another pick from someone in the teens or lottery.

So with all the players returning next year, that only makes the '14 draft that much stronger. Smart, WCS, now possibly McGary and GRIII, among others I am sure I am missing that could have been lottery picks, There will be some great players in the middle of the draft next year. Hope the Jazz can somehow get another pick from someone in the teens or lottery.

I don't see us being very good next year.. so you should get your wish.

Pkm I need your input. What position does Randle play? And I think I may be wrong with this assumption, but he doesn't appear overly athletic. Seems slow and glued to the ground, albeit super long to make up for that. I'm prolly wrong, maybe I should watch more vids without my beer goggles.

Pkm I need your input. What position does Randle play? And I think I may be wrong with this assumption, but he doesn't appear overly athletic. Seems slow and glued to the ground, albeit super long to make up for that. I'm prolly wrong, maybe I should watch more vids without my beer goggles.

He's a PF. Prototypical. He is athletic. NBA strong and a killer instinct and motor.
I think the glued to the floor is waaaay off.

Google julius randle official mixtape.. curious what u think after watching that.

u convinced me! I only watched da vid of da state title game and apparently he had just returned from injury. Definitely has loads of basketball skills in addition to athleticism, a rarity at that age. Honestly was getting a Lamar odom/z-bo vibe. Maybe that interpretation is as wrong as my first, but I think that would be a fantastic combo.

The 2013 just may. This one.. especially if the Jazz start next year off badly.

Is it bad that I'm already hoping that they start the season off badly? I mean how else do you explain why I think the Jazz should take on Pau?