What's new

Following potential 2014 draftees

DL reading Jazzfanz:

image.png

While in principle I agree with you, y'all are misunderstanding this 10 lbs thing.

If a guy is 6'3 and 190, and the other guy is 6'5 and 180, then there is a lot more than a 10 pound difference going on.

i said similar sized players and used 6'3-6'6 180-190lbs guys. my point was theres a precedent of players this size. just in the past 2 drafts i count 4 6'5 guys below 190lbs pre-draft that went in the 1st

Jeremy Lamb was taken 12th at 6'5" 179lbs as a sophomore.
MCW taken 11th at 6'6 184lbs as a sophomore
Archie Goodwin went 29th at 6'5" 189lbs as a frosh
Jared Cunningham went 24th at 6'5 188lbs as a junior

The agent for young Croatian star Dario Saric has had enough. Robert Jablan believes Saric is ready to play in the NBA and should enter the NBA draft in June. He disagrees with Saric's decision to remain in Europe. And, he is unhappy with the involvement of Saric's father, Predrag Saric, in the process, the prominent European agent told USA TODAY Sports in an e-mail.

Saric, a 6-10 forward who turns 20 on April 8 and is a projected top-10 pick, recently reached a three-year deal with Anadolu Efes of the Turkish Basketball League, according to ESPN, and the deal has an NBA-out after the second season according to Sportando. "Dario Saric is absolutely ready for NBA and that he must be on draft this year. His transfer to Efes or any Europian club is totally unnecessary for him," Jablan wrote. "But I must admit that I as an agent, (I) have a big misunderstanding with his father about Dario´s future career. His father has an opinion that Dario must stay in Europe for next one or two seasons.

"I do not know what will happen in the future. Because of those misunderstanding with his father and his father's attitude, maybe I will not represent him anymore. But I as an agent cannot and do not want to throw (away) my professional beliefs and I do not want to be a part of unprofessional involvements of his father in Dario´s career." Father and son have had their issues, including a public feud, according to NBA.com's 2013 draft profile of Saric.

It's not a terrible comparison but AK is nowhere near the athlete Gordon is, and Gordon is already stronger. And he'll only continue to add strength. He has a good frame, work ethic, and is the youngest player in the draft.

Point is, his ceiling is higher than what AK was, imo.

I hear you, but Gordon probably won't ever be as good of a open-floor ball handler

i said similar sized players and used 6'3-6'6 180-190lbs guys. my point was theres a precedent of players this size. just in the past 2 drafts i count 4 6'5 guys below 190lbs pre-draft that went in the 1st

Jeremy Lamb was taken 12th at 6'5" 179lbs as a sophomore.
MCW taken 11th at 6'6 184lbs as a sophomore
Archie Goodwin went 29th at 6'5" 189lbs as a frosh
Jared Cunningham went 24th at 6'5 188lbs as a junior

I realize there's a precedent for those types of players getting selected, but that's not really what I care about. Those 4 names you posted haven't exactly proven a lot…I'm sure LaVine will do fine, but it will take him several years to develop for several, and his size is one of those reasons.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];793391 said:
I hear you, but Gordon probably won't ever be as good of a open-floor ball handler

Agreed.

Gordon starts and handles the ball on a lot of Arizona's fast breaks. He actually has a very good handle. At least he doesn't go into the key and throw both hands up like AK did. Oh, I'm getting mad just thinking about AK...ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I heard a radio interview with DL last week. Spencer Checkettes asked him if they already have a list or if they wait until after the lottery. He said Walt Perin is in charge of the draft and he doesn't like to make list until after the lottery. WHAT, we've made list months ago and they wait until after the lottery. Fire DL right now!

I heard a radio interview with DL last week. Spencer Checkettes asked him if they already have a list or if they wait until after the lottery. He said Walt Perin is in charge of the draft and he doesn't like to make list until after the lottery. WHAT, we've made list months ago and they wait until after the lottery. Fire DL right now!

There's also the chance that ya know…he's lying.

And Sloan would say,
"What the %^$# is Jazzfanz? I don't need no whiny, *&^$% *, punk &^%, *&^%$# fans to comment on my job. I've forgotten more basketball than all of those ^&%$#@ internet $%^&* have ever known...combined. Those &*^%$&^%$ need to move out of their parents' basement and get a %$#@!&^ job!"

And he would be right.

Well, if Lindsey IS reading this board, let me just say I think you really can't go wrong with anyone that is projected between 4 and 8. And there are so many great prospects at #23 too. I trust your talent evaluation, trust you will turn over every rock like you did last summer and will support any picks you make (unless you reach for McDermott with the 1st pick).

That aside, all I request is one itty bitty, very simple thing. And it's not something you really need to do; rather, it's something you need to NOT do. There is a very importand contract expiring at the end of the season. No, it's not Biedrins, Jefferson, Marvin or Rush. In fact, it's not a player at all. I know you don't like to offend people. So just do what banks do with customers. When this certain man calls to ask if he'll have a job next season, just let the call go to voice mail and don't call back. He'll get the message soon enough and will start looking at other options. Once he's accepted a position elsewhere, you can then call a press conference, thank him for his years of service and say you were interested in bringing him back, but "Team X" made him an offer he couldn't refuse and you wish him the best of luck.

Thanks so much, Dennis

Yours truly,
A very devoted Jazz fan.

I've been here long enough to know not to listen to you.

If we miss on Embiid, Parker or Wiggins, Gordon is the pick I want. Seems like much more talented kid to me than Exum IMHO.

Well, if Lindsey IS reading this board, let me just say I think you really can't go wrong with anyone that is projected between 4 and 8. And there are so many great prospects at #23 too. I trust your talent evaluation, trust you will turn over every rock like you did last summer and will support any picks you make (unless you reach for McDermott with the 1st pick).

That aside, all I request is one itty bitty, very simple thing. And it's not something you really need to do; rather, it's something you need to NOT do. There is a very importand contract expiring at the end of the season. No, it's not Biedrins, Jefferson, Marvin or Rush. In fact, it's not a player at all. I know you don't like to offend people. So just do what banks do with customers. When this certain man calls to ask if he'll have a job next season, just let the call go to voice mail and don't call back. He'll get the message soon enough and will start looking at other options. Once he's accepted a position elsewhere, you can then call a press conference, thank him for his years of service and say you were interested in bringing him back, but "Team X" made him an offer he couldn't refuse and you wish him the best of luck.

Thanks so much, Dennis

Yours truly,
A very devoted Jazz fan.

Negged for being a plague. GTFO this thread with it, jackass.

Frankly I don't think most of us know enough about Exum to really have a developed opinion of him.

If we take him with our pick I would assume that whoever made the decision to draft him knows a lot more about him than I do, and I could live with that.

Where it really gets interesting to me is Randle vs Gordon.

The AK hate really needs to die. He was a top 10 player in his prime, and I still contend he played out of position his last 4-5 years with Utah.

He's a PF. His career died when we signed Boozer.

AK's career took a hit when DWill started getting big minutes. The reason is, before DWill the Jazz ran an open, motion-based offense where AK's unique combination of length, mobility and passing made him integral to almost every play. Once DWill came in, it was pick-and-roll with high-low action and AK camping out on the wing. I think this is one of the reasons AK and DWill didn't get along early in DWill's career. AK went from the center of the action to standing in the corner, and his energy level, which used to be frenetic, dropped.