What's new

Following potential 2014 draftees

For anybody who wants to compare Aaron Gordon and Blake Griffin:

Aaron Gordon, 6'9, 225 lbs

Blake Griffin 6'10, 250 lbs

Aaron Gordon's freshman year stats: 12.5 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 2.0 APG, 1 BPG, 50% from field, 35% from three (has shot 43).

Blake Griffin's freshman year stats: 14.7 PPG, 9.1 RPG, 1.8 APG, 0.8 BPG 56% from field, 0% from three (only shot two).

Yes, Griffin's stats are better, but Gordon is right up there with him. I know almost everybody thinks of Blake when they see Gordon play. Is he basically the small forward version of him?

A great example of why these guys need to stay at least another year. Griffin's freshman year was very good, yet unspectacular, then he absolutely killed it his sophomore season. A lot of guys don't improve much after their freshman seasons. Hard to know what Gordon would do - I doubt it would be near what Griffin did. He just isn't near the physical specimen Griffin was.

I want big daddy kane early in the second round..... does that make me racist? Maybe, but thats who i want

A great example of why these guys need to stay at least another year. Griffin's freshman year was very good, yet unspectacular, then he absolutely killed it his sophomore season. A lot of guys don't improve much after their freshman seasons. Hard to know what Gordon would do - I doubt it would be near what Griffin did. He just isn't near the physical specimen Griffin was.

Yet. That's the word you left out. All that matters is what he'll become, and he could absolutely get up to Griffin's size in a few years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vSadteflk9Y#t=313

Just watch this sequence..
Remember that most defender really leave him space and almost always go under screens because they don't respect his streaky shooting yet. That alone shows the speed he's capable of.

I have seen this video more then twice and did not see any NBA level speed or quickness there. I asked specifically for at least one particular play. Could you point it in that video?
He has long stride on his first step which helps him beat slower inferior competition he is playing against. Compare his speed, quickness and explosiveness with Gordon for example, day and night. I see Exum struggling vs NBA speed and defenses, he is just nothing special.

I have seen this video more then twice and did not see any NBA level speed or quickness there. I asked specifically for at least one particular play. Could you point it in that video?
He has long stride on his first step which helps him beat slower inferior competition he is playing against. Compare his speed, quickness and explosiveness with Gordon for example, day and night. I see Exum struggling vs NBA speed and defenses, he is just nothing special.

He's got speed. He's blowing by people in the open floor, including the Nike Summit game against decent athletes.

Just watch MCW do things other PGs can't do because they simply don't have his size and aren't sliding fast enough laterally to alter his driving lanes that he can create with his body.
Exum can do all the things he can do, plus he's actually fast and will be stronger around the basket.

I respectfully disagree. We must be watching different players ( hint - you should really pay attention who is defending MCW and who is defending Exum)

He's got speed. He's blowing by people in the open floor, including the Nike Summit game against decent athletes.

Again, he is not passing my eye test. Not sure why you guys keep coming back to that "show" type Nike Summit game which means nothing.