What's new

Following potential 2014 draftees

Frankly I don't think most of us know enough about Exum to really have a developed opinion of him.

If we take him with our pick I would assume that whoever made the decision to draft him knows a lot more about him than I do, and I could live with that.

Where it really gets interesting to me is Randle vs Gordon.

Exum is a 6'6" lean athlete with a tight handle, fantastic quickness, great BBIQ, point-guard skills, intangibles and an improving jump-shot. If he were more explosive vertically, he'd be like Penny Hardaway. As it is, he can be both an excellent scorer and playmaker from either guard position. I have him on the second tier, along with Parker and Embiid, but below Wiggins.

I would still take Exum over Gordon. But the debate between Randle and Gordon is getting closer for me. You have to believe that if he's a hard worker, he'll develop more offense. If Bryon Russel could do it, then...

I heard a radio interview with DL last week. Spencer Checkettes asked him if they already have a list or if they wait until after the lottery. He said Walt Perin is in charge of the draft and he doesn't like to make list until after the lottery. WHAT, we've made list months ago and they wait until after the lottery. Fire DL right now!

He's being evasive. There's a list and then there's THE FINAL LIST.

Negged for being a plague. GTFO this thread with it, jackass.

Thanks. A neg rep from you means I'm on the right track. I hope you ARE a friend, family member or otherwise associated with Corbin. His coaching, substitutions, reliance on aging, not-going-to-be-here-next-season vets, and end of game cluelessness has hindered the success of the team in general and young players in specific for far too long.

Ty MIGHT be a good assistant. But he's not even an average head coach. I'll be overjoyed when he is finally free of the Jazz. And if he ends up as a HC on another team and is even a .500 coach (and I'm not just talking "close enough'), then I'll rep you 20x. It's the safest wager out there.

Potential 2014 draftees in action tonight

Jarnell Stokes
Jordan McRae
Nik Stauskas
Glenn Robinson III
Shabazz Napier
DeAndre Daniels
DeAndre Kane
Melvin Ejim
Andrew Harrison
Aaron Harrison
James Young
Julius Randle
Willie Cauley-Stein
Alex Poythress
Montrezl Harrell
Russ Smith
Keith Appling
Gary Harris
Adreian Payne

Exum is a 6'6" lean athlete with a tight handle, fantastic quickness, great BBIQ, point-guard skills, intangibles and an improving jump-shot. If he were more explosive vertically, he'd be like Penny Hardaway.

Could you post at least one play where his "fantastic quickness" is evident? I can't seem to find anywhere any NBA level quickness in his highlights. Gordon on the other hand seems like in way different league when it comes to that.

For anybody who wants to compare Aaron Gordon and Blake Griffin:

Aaron Gordon, 6'9, 225 lbs

Blake Griffin 6'10, 250 lbs

Aaron Gordon's freshman year stats: 12.5 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 2.0 APG, 1 BPG, 50% from field, 35% from three (has shot 43).

Blake Griffin's freshman year stats: 14.7 PPG, 9.1 RPG, 1.8 APG, 0.8 BPG 56% from field, 0% from three (only shot two).

Yes, Griffin's stats are better, but Gordon is right up there with him. I know almost everybody thinks of Blake when they see Gordon play. Is he basically the small forward version of him?

Fixed, and kindly GTFO, forum plague.

Please leave.

You are so overly sensitive it makes me sick.

You are obviously not a Jazz fan, just a Ty Corbin fan. Have fun rooting for his junior college next year.

You hate all of our players. The only person you ever root for is Ty. You have no basis for your blind homerism, just trumped up stats you made yourself, i.e., "we're playing .500 ball" when we are not.

Someone mentions Ty accurately, and you hike your sweats even farther up your camel toe and start negging them and calling them haters. Wake up Franklin.

Could you post at least one play where his "fantastic quickness" is evident? I can't seem to find anywhere any NBA level quickness in his highlights. Gordon on the other hand seems like in way different league when it comes to that.

There are examples in his FIBA highlights. Some of his other highlights are in slow motion replays so it's tough to see. I'll go digging.

Isn't it awesome that we are talking about these guys and actually have a shot at drafting one of them.

#tankcitement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vSadteflk9Y#t=313

Just watch this sequence..
Remember that most defender really leave him space and almost always go under screens because they don't respect his streaky shooting yet. That alone shows the speed he's capable of. In these vids you see rare occasions he's been guarded tight(Prolly after he made a couple threes the last possessions)
When I consider his size and his handles I think it's actually good that he uses so many hesitation moves.
Ever heard players talking about how the game slows down with experience?
Exum using the screen to get seperation and his ability to change speeds and turn the corner is maximized by hesitation because it's giving him the best overview and enables him to make good point guard decisions. Spotting cutters, help defense and open guys when secondary defensive rotations fail.

Even though it's painful to watch you should tune in to a Sixers game. Just watch MCW do things other PGs can't do because they simply don't have his size and aren't sliding fast enough laterally to alter his driving lanes that he can create with his body.
Exum can do all the things he can do, plus he's actually fast and will be stronger around the basket.

Isn't it awesome that we are talking about these guys and actually have a shot at drafting one of them.

#tankcitement
Yes

DL reading Jazzfanz:

image.png

POST OF THE YEAR!

Sent from the JazzFanz app

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vSadteflk9Y#t=313

Just watch this sequence..
Remember that most defender really leave him space and almost always go under screens because they don't respect his streaky shooting yet. That alone shows the speed he's capable of. In these vids you see rare occasions he's been guarded tight(Prolly after he made a couple threes the last possessions)
When I consider his size and his handles I think it's actually good that he uses so many hesitation moves.
Ever heard players talking about how the game slows down with experience?
Exum using the screen to get seperation and his ability to change speeds and turn the corner is maximized by hesitation because it's giving him the best overview and enables him to make good point guard decisions. Spotting cutters, help defense and open guys when secondary defensive rotations fail.

Even though it's painful to watch you should tune in to a Sixers game. Just watch MCW do things other PGs can't do because they simply don't have his size and aren't sliding fast enough laterally to alter his driving lanes that he can create with his body.
Exum can do all the things he can do, plus he's actually fast and will be stronger around the basket.

Great post. +rep.