What's new

Following potential 2014 draftees

Gonna try and drop a Dala-bigboard here:

1) Embiid (with the knowledge that injury problems aren't serious, or career-impacting)
2) Wiggins
3) Parker
4) Vonleh
5) Exum
6) Smart
7) Gordon
8) Saric
9) McDermott
10) Randle

A few comments explaining the reasoning behind some of my picks:

- Vonleh, to me, is probably the only potentially-elite two-way draftees that can be had at 5, with Marcus Smart to a lesser extent (IMO).
- Exum at five is a very hard pick for me to make, as I hate judging players that I really have minimal intel on. I'm going off of what some posters here, along with international analysts have said. Personally, I find the Smart vs. Exum debate fascinating. The reason I slot Exum ahead of Smart, is because I think Exum's potential as an elite 1st option on offense > that of Smart's. His defense and athleticism are definitely not up to par with Smart's, but personally I'm looking for an elite offensive weapon with our 5th pick-- as priority number one.
- I won't be that devastated if we end up with Smart at the 5. I just don't find him as much of a franchise-changer offensively, or defensively. I think he has one of the lowest bust-potentials of any player in this draft, and I'm confident that he'll probably have a long, successful career. However, the fact of the matter is that we have a chance to really snag a franchise player here, and I have my doubts that Marcus Smart will be a top 3 player from this draft moving forward. Smart is maybe the safest pick we could make at 5, but probably not the best.
- I like Gordon a little, mostly because I have always loved Marion, and I'd love to have a player like him on this team. I think Gordon as the 5th pick is a complete and total reach, and I'd be extremely shocked with us drafting him, mostly because he could be had at a lower pick, and it would make much more sense for us to trade down to snag him. Still, my priority with pick number 5 is offense, but I think Gordon at the 7 spot provides some skills in elite quantities that the subsequent draftees do not have.
- In any other draft, I'd be way bigger on Saric. As it stands, the Jazz are in shambles, and we really need to hit a home-run here. Saric has among the higher bust-potentials, and unfortunately we are not in the position to take a huge risk in terms of who we pick. With that said, it would not shock me if Saric became a top 5 player from this draft 5 years from now.
- I like McBuckets, and the meltdown that would ensue would make me giggle :) I think he's gonna be a pretty solid player
- I really really don't like Julius Randle.

Players move up and down on the draft board. At the beginning of the season, Randle was being talked about as the number 1 pick or at least in the top 3. Jabari was as low as 7th on some mocks and Embiid wasn't even in the discussion to be number one at the beginning of the year. It was Randle, Parker and Wiggins. Then Exum started getting hyped and moved into the top 4 category. Gordon was at the back of the lottery but moved up as the season went on. He was and has been projected between 6-13 since. So taking him at 5 is not that big of a reach especially if the Boston rumor is true that they will grab him at 6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuH5mqHKIUk

Did anyone notice that he missed three shots right after his Dad said there was only 30 seconds left. He started rushing it momentarily but the kid can shoot. I wish the Jazz had a way of getting him or McDermott too.

Players move up and down on the draft board. At the beginning of the season, Randle was being talked about as the number 1 pick or at least in the top 3. Jabari was as low as 7th on some mocks and Embiid wasn't even in the discussion to be number one at the beginning of the year. It was Randle, Parker and Wiggins. Then Exum started getting hyped and moved into the top 4 category. Gordon was at the back of the lottery but moved up as the season went on. He was and has been projected between 6-13 since. So taking him at 5 is not that big of a reach especially if the Boston rumor is true that they will grab him at 6.

Boston could also be leaking that info hoping we take Gordon so the player they want falls to them. I like AG, but I don't trust these leaks unless it's the team at #1 leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats up Cy, you like my post? figures

how about this one?

QkV1OyL.gif

Since it has become somewhat fashionable to do a big board... let me do one today:

1) Embiid
2) Wiggins
3) Gordon
4) Paker
5) Randle
6) Exum
7) Vonleh
8) Smart

Notes:

- Embiid: No major injury concern he's a sure fire #1 and could set up a franchise for years to come
- Gordon: Following the news that his shot has improved dramatically, together with his athleticism, defense and upside, I think when it is all said and done he could be regarded as the 3rd best player from this draft. If his shot improvement is legit and he is there at #5, we need to grab him with open arms.
- Parker: Edges out Randle because he'll be able to score in this league. His (lack of) defense still worries me
- Randle: Still like Randle's fire and I do think his fight will be the difference. If a team is willing to invest time & train him as a SF, he could be 3rd best pick when it's all said and done.
- Vonleh: His lack of fight still worries me, he'll still be a SOLID pick though
- Smart: Sorry, but I'm just not sold.

Saric's draft stock is over-inflated, he will fall to the teens. his defense is an issue.

Saric had a bunch of turnovers and couldn't buy a bucket last night vs Nolan Smith and Jusuf Nurkic's team in the 'Final Four'. Cibona's down 0-2 in the best of 5, Next game is on Tuesday

Lol at "with news of Gordon's shot improving...". My shot always improves when no one is guarding me.....and im not playing, ya know, basketball.

We will having no idea if Gordon has fixed his shot until he plays actual basketball. No GM is going to be convinced by a workout, brah. He's a gamble, you take it or you dont. You live with it either way.

Also, true story, i just ate my first waffle from my Jazz waffle maker. Whole wheat and banana.