What's new

Following potential 2015 draftees

If we stay pat at 12 and Booker is there, I think we take him. When you look at golden state, they drafted Steph and Klay in the lottery, both shooters. In contrast, Gobert, Leonard, Draymond, were all drafted outside of the lottery, and at lower than their actual value. Right now in the nba, shooting is more highly valued than length, so you will have to pay a premium for it. Length is a little undervalued and talented players can be had later in the draft.

He would be a GREAT addition to our team. I would love to have this cocky higher flyer with a J on our team!

yeah. tbh a little bit of tanking could be a really good thing. As excited as I am about the future I would still like to get one more solid lotto pick.

Exactly what does Barnes do that Booker wouldn't be able to do, for cheaper?

I just don't get it. Pretty much the only thing Barnes can do is make shots, but he's not a plus defender, he can't create his own shot, average handles at best, and he's a pretty decent rebounder. Dude is very, very average...and people wanna trade a lottery pick for him? This **** is insane.

Also, if the Jazz wanted to trade their pick in this draft, I think they would have done it by now. The reason is that the Jazz's schedule is getting easier and the draft position is likely to slip. They knew that before the Jazz started beating Portland and San Antonio. They might trade the pick during the actual draft depending on how things shake out.

I think we move up, assuming we don't land in the top 3. We have the assets to do it. Even if it is into the top 6.

Sacramento and the Knicks might be good partners to trade with. Both would value cap space we could provide and both might make win now type moves. Maybe even Philly. They said they like multiple chances... if we offered our 2015 pick, our 2016 unprotected pick, and the GSW might appeal to those guys. I would do it on our end... I like all the top 4 prospects for us other than Okafor (I think he'll be good but is a terrible fit for us).

Also, if the Jazz wanted to trade their pick in this draft, I think they would have done it by now. The reason is that the Jazz's schedule is getting easier and the draft position is likely to slip. They knew that before the Jazz started beating Portland and San Antonio. They might trade the pick during the actual draft depending on how things shake out.
Don't want to trade the pick until the lottery is over. A top-3 pick is much more valuable than anything Utah could have traded for. And teams aren't going to give up as much for a protected pick. Pick will be in play once it's determined where it is. This draft is also pretty deep. I think even between 10-12 it would be viewed as a pretty good asset.

Regarding Portis, I'd take him over Kaminsky just about every day of the week. Much better mobility and ability to score in different situations.

I think we move up, assuming we don't land in the top 3. We have the assets to do it. Even if it is into the top 6.

Sacramento and the Knicks might be good partners to trade with. Both would value cap space we could provide and both might make win now type moves. Maybe even Philly. They said they like multiple chances... if we offered our 2015 pick, our 2016 unprotected pick, and the GSW might appeal to those guys. I would do it on our end... I like all the top 4 prospects for us other than Okafor (I think he'll be good but is a terrible fit for us).

I would say a move at draft night is very likely. Either move up to get someone we like, or a trade for reinforcing our rotation.