What's new

Following potential 2015 draftees

And he's a high #character and #humble.

We don't need any low character guys like Kelly 'Ben McLemore' Ouuuuuuubre.. LOL ..

Haha.. I've been on record as saying I'd draft Oubre if he falls to #12 ... I still don't think he'll fit into our group, but the talent level / potential that he possess is too much to pass up at #12.

Draft him, see how he fits would be my strategy. DL mentioned this during his last interview, that if you take a guy who has some character issues and put him into a good environment/situation, sometimes that player can start to thrive. Not sure if he was referring to anybody specifically but seems to me Oubre would fit that description.

I've said before, I think Oubre is going to be good. His demeanor looks like he's a bit infatuated with himself, like he loves TV air time, but you look at how hard he's playing now and I don't think it's too detrimental. He plays like a smart player. He's just young and immature. A lot of 19 year-olds in that situation would be the same.

However, if you draft Oubre, you're basically drafting him to take some of Rodney Hood and Joe Ingles' minutes. We're going to have a log-jam when Burks is back.

I've said before, I think Oubre is going to be good. His demeanor looks like he's a bit infatuated with himself, like he loves TV air time, but you look at how hard he's playing now and I don't think it's too detrimental. He plays like a smart player. He's just young and immature. A lot of 19 year-olds in that situation would be the same.

However, if you draft Oubre, you're basically drafting him to take some of Rodney Hood and Joe Ingles' minutes. We're going to have a log-jam when Burks is back.

That's what I mean. Like name me 1 player on our team who does that at any level, high school, college, NBA? Everyone's pretty #Humble (Except Kanter who has now left).

But yeah, if he falls to #12 you've gotta just grab him and hope he fits...

That's what I mean. Like name me 1 player on our team who does that at any level, high school, college, NBA? Everyone's pretty #Humble (Except Kanter who has now left).

But yeah, if he falls to #12 you've gotta just grab him and hope he fits...

Gobert thinks hes pretty awesome. He's got good reason to also.

I'm going to just throw this out there for everyone. Joe ingles should not factor in to who we draft one bit, so don't even mention him as a reason to not draft a certain player. He also won't create a log jam. I like ingles, but if you have a better player, Ingles just waits and is ready in case of injury.

I think like the Salute thing, that just comes out naturally with his passion for the game & the team, I don't think he's doing it to get TV airtime.

As a guy in marketing. It's all marketing. I'm sure it came out once naturally, its cool, his agent said "Hey you should keep doing that. Make it your thing. Like the Mutumbo finger wave." Will parlay it into endorsements and such. Its not a bad thing, but its the way it works.

As a guy in marketing. It's all marketing. I'm sure it came out once naturally, its cool, his agent said "Hey you should keep doing that. Make it your thing. Like the Mutumbo finger wave." Will parlay it into endorsements and such. Its not a bad thing, but its the way it works.

Speaking of marketing, James Harden once admitted that the beard was part of his image as "an iconic athlete." Lots of guys ham it up a bit to play to the crowd. Steph Curry has his antics. Guys pose after dunks. It's all part of the show.

Speaking of marketing, James Harden once admitted that the beard was part of his image as "an iconic athlete." Lots of guys ham it up a bit to play to the crowd. Steph Curry has his antics. Guys pose after dunks. It's all part of the show.

Yeah as long as it doesn't hurt the play on the court or adversely affecting your team I'm cool with it. Like Anthony Davis with the unibrow thing, who cares if he's playing off of that as long as he's a good teammate, and is giving you 25pt, 10reb, 4blk, 2steal, 4assists.

Also remember these guys market themselves after they've made it. If you haven't done **** but you're like "look at me!!!" you just look silly.

Gobert thinks hes pretty awesome. He's got good reason to also.

Yeah, Gobert is easily our least humble dude. If KKK saw this kind of attitude from him before we drafted him he would be like "Dont draft Gobert he has character issues."

**** off with this character nonsense.

Yeah, Gobert is easily our least humble dude. If KKK saw this kind of attitude from him before we drafted him he would be like "Dont draft Gobert he has character issues."

i think character is important to an extent. But guys with real character issues like Lance Stephenson as an example will drop past the lottery. This team has great chemisty, but its also got a bunch of impressionable young dudes who can easily be swayed. I dont think Kanter leaving and everyone seeming to be having more fun is a coincidence.

i think character is important to an extent. But guys with real character issues like Lance Stephenson as an example will drop past the lottery. This team has great chemisty, but its also got a bunch of impressionable young dudes who can easily be swayed. I dont think Kanter leaving and everyone seeming to be having more fun is a coincidence.

This.

It's not a character issue with me at all with Oubre. All of the guys in the NBA are super cocky. They almost have to be. I don't think he has character issues at all.

While both think highly of themselves the difference between Gobert and Oubre to me is that Gobert wants to be great and is willing to work his *** of to get there. He has an "I'm going to effing destroy you bish" attitude. I don't see that in Oubre. I'm not sure its something you teach. If you could take Stanley Johnson's brain and heart and put it in Oubre's body you'd be on to something.

Honestly at #12 if Frank the Tank, Winslow, Hezonja, and Johnson are gone then he's worth the risk. I'd rather take a shot on him than Kevon Looney.

Also, is Bill Self a good coach? Like does he help players succeed? Was really unimpressed with what he did with Wiggins last year, but not sure if this is a team/system deal or just a case of dealing with development projects.

I believe Gobert was drafted based off of his hardworking attitude? Wasn't it Sloan who was impressed by his character when he worked out for us?

Also DL was quick to emphasise how much humility Gobert has in his latest interview with the Zone - go listen to it if you haven't.

Just because you're hard working doesn't mean you aren't gonna be cocky!! I'd rather have a cocky guy than somebody who defers all the time! Just look at how Gobert's cocky attitude has helped this team.

kelly oubre isn't Lance Stephenson. His stuff was well documented. KKK is just speculating bogus nonsense.

Some guys get in bar fights. Some guys have guns and pot in their cars. Some guys have friends in street gangs. Etc. Those are the problem cases.

Some guys are knuckleheads who just aren't that bright. That's also a problem.

Everyone else should be okay, more or less, if they buy in to their role.