What's new

Following potential 2015 draftees

No rebuild is foolproof. Hitting on the right picks takes a certain amount of luck, regardless of strategy. Also, they had the 3rd worst record this year and got the 3rd pick, so I don't see how they got burned by Karma. The year before they only dropped one spot. Utah dropped 2 spots the year they drafted Deron, so the karma thing don't really fly. I disagree with Porz over Okafor, especially considering Embiid's questionable health. Even if he wasn't injured again, you gotta take the best prospect at 3, and I'm not sold on Porz over Okafor.
Exactly. They took a huge risk on Embiid and they probably lost. But they knew they had another couple years to be in the lottery (at least) so maybe worth the risk. I think they can pair Okafor with Noel to have a big PF/C tandem. I'm sure Philly is hoping a couple of their hundreds of 2nd's will turn out to good over the next few drafts. I think they also picked Richaun Holmes and J.P. Tokoto in the 2nd this year. Those two could be solid players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=32&v=EhhSFKgMhlo

wade-boggs-gif.gif

Last edited:
So I hear Myles Turner killed it in his debut for Indiana's summer league team, anybody has highlights of that?

So I hear Myles Turner killed it in his debut for Indiana's summer league team, anybody has highlights of that?

Missed Turner by a single game and Winslow by one game and a flip or 2 games outright. Pretty much the worst case scenario I was desperately hoping we could avoid. I hope to God Lyles pans out, or I'm going to be stalking a couple of mouthy posters who were yapping about winning all our games the last 2 weeks and to hell with the draft.

Okafor really doesnt look all that big standing next to Embiid, damn. Joel is now saying he's 7'2" in sandals btw.

CJCQZPbVAAE_g03.jpg:small

That's the reason every team needs a stretch 4 right there. If you let Hinkie put those two on the court at the same time they are going to win the front line battle 9/10 times.

Missed Turner by a single game and Winslow by one game and a flip or 2 games outright. Pretty much the worst case scenario I was desperately hoping we could avoid. I hope to God Lyles pans out, or I'm going to be stalking a couple of mouthy posters who were yapping about winning all our games the last 2 weeks and to hell with the draft.

Don't be an idiot. Lyles is better more skilled then both. And lol at a stupid smurf named Cappy stalking someone.

Trey Lyles could still turn out to be better than a lot of the players than went in the top 11 picks. I'll readily admit that I'm a Myles Turner homer and really wanted him instead. My hope now though, is that if the Jazz keep Lyles, that he becomes the steal of the draft and everybody just missed on him because of how Kentucky mid-used him. For as good as the rookies all look, it's just Summer League. Won't mean anything until they're playing against NBA starters. I will say that I feel pretty good right now about having Stanley Johnson and Myles Turner in my top 7.

Trey Lyles could still turn out to be better than a lot of the players than went in the top 11 picks. I'll readily admit that I'm a Myles Turner homer and really wanted him instead. My hope now though, is that if the Jazz keep Lyles, that he becomes the steal of the draft and everybody just missed on him because of how Kentucky mid-used him. For as good as the rookies all look, it's just Summer League. Won't mean anything until they're playing against NBA starters. I will say that I feel pretty good right now about having Stanley Johnson and Myles Turner in my top 7.

The mobility issues with Turner are for real. He could overcome them, but for now he's limited to playing center and doesn't play terribly tough inside. Love the potential though.

Embiid was a huge risk considering that he had two serious injury concerns leading up to the draft. If he gets healthy, he could be a beast. Not sure I'd ever want to count on him being healthy though.

So glad that the Jazz have Gobert and Favors. Rest of the league is going to be envious as hell when both guys continue to improve offensively and are the best 2 way big man tandem in the league by a wide margin.

Alex Kennedy@AlexKennedyNBA
Pistons rookie Stanley Johnson has been extremely impressive at the Orlando Summer League. I really like his game. He may be really special.

sigh.......

I'm sure I will feel better after watching Lyles play in live action tonight. Oh, wait.

sigh..................

BTW, if Stanley can punish you by hitting the three if you go under the pick (something I thought it would take him time to develop), then he is gonna wreck **** harrrrd. His game yesterday showed all the flashes you could hope for. Detroit got a good one.

BTW, if Stanley can punish you by hitting the three if you go under the pick (something I thought it would take him time to develop), then he is gonna wreck **** harrrrd. His game yesterday showed all the flashes you could hope for. Detroit got a good one.

I had Johnson in my top 5, and Turner in my top 7. Towns, Okafor, Russell, Porzingis, Johnson, Hezonja and Turner. Feeling damn justified in my hopes for the Jazz to draft one of those two at this point. They both look special. Still hoping that the Jazz either flip Lyles for Porzingis. . . or that Trey Lyles ends up being the steal of the draft.