What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGU28rD-Y2E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46gPx4jDaSk

In the ten or so years I've been on this site, I think I've been slightly above average in declaring who I want us to draft. Batum, Exum, Giannis...pretty sure I wanted each...but then Almond and I'm sure a couple others were flat out bad calls.

That said, I don't see the greatness in Doncic for him to go 1 overall. I don't think I've even looked at his stats, which is admittedly one of the first things I do with these international prospects, but his video just doesn't impress me much. Reminds me a bit of Zipser who I liked a lot. But not enough to gon1 overall.

If Lonzo Ball was a wing, he'd be Doncic.

Edit: I worded this poorly.

If Ball was a forward, he'd be Doncic. I love Doncic. Kid knows how to play.

In the ten or so years I've been on this site, I think I've been slightly above average in declaring who I want us to draft. Batum, Exum, Giannis...pretty sure I wanted each...but then Almond and I'm sure a couple others were flat out bad calls.

That said, I don't see the greatness in Doncic for him to go 1 overall. I don't think I've even looked at his stats, which is admittedly one of the first things I do with these international prospects, but his video just doesn't impress me much. Reminds me a bit of Zipser who I liked a lot. But not enough to gon1 overall.

And Zipser is what, 23, 24?

Doncic is 18. 5 year difference. That's huge. Doncic is playing really well against grown men. He's going g to struggle against athleticism, but I think he's one of those rare players that truly makes everybody in his team better.

They dont play alike at all really.

I think Doncic is James Harden in Gordon Hayward's body.

You knew what I meant.

They have a similar impact, in that they're such good passes they make their teammates better. They see 3-4 steps ahead of their competition. I get the Harden stuff, but there are stark contests there too.

You knew what I meant.

They have a similar impact, in that they're such good passes they make their teammates better. They see 3-4 steps ahead of their competition. I get the Harden stuff, but there are stark contests there too.

Are there? He plays a lot like Harden imo.

I dont see any Ball similarities. Doncic is a PNR guard and Lonzo is a pass-ahead ball mover.

And Zipser is what, 23, 24?

Doncic is 18. 5 year difference. That's huge. Doncic is playing really well against grown men. He's going g to struggle against athleticism, but I think he's one of those rare players that truly makes everybody in his team better.

With Llull out Doncic is going to play huge minutes with Madrid this upcoming season. NBA scouts will get plenty of him.

The play at 1:32 is exactly the kind of play out of the PNR James Harden would make if he lived in Gordon Hayward's body.

I agree with Cy. Doncic is much more Hardenesque than anything else people have mentioned. He has extremely advanced off the dribble game with variety of moves to create space. The offensive and scoring skill are obvious + he has good passing instincts.

I agree with Cy. Doncic is much more Hardenesque than anything else people have mentioned. He has extremely advanced off the dribble game with variety of moves to create space. The offensive and scoring skill are obvious + he has good passing instincts.
Cross racial comps are hard for people to fathom.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

He looks really, really good in any case. This next draft could be pretty amazing. Real superstar talent at the top.