What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Marvin Bagley is reclassifying and is supposed to announce his college selection this evening per ESPN. He really blows me away.

players that I am going to follow and watch this upcoming basketball season

Power Forwards -

* Jaren Jacskon Jr - He is the modern day 4/5 with his length and 3 pt shooting

Robert Williams - Defense is his calling card similar to a young Favors but needs to extend his range

* Wendell Carter - reminds me of al horford in the way he plays

* Kevin Knox - could be a 3 or 4 if he can learn to shoot the 3 better

Chimezie Metu - Defense again but has shown some range

* Killian Tillie - Young skinny french man has some range and runs the floor well

* Mo Wagner - has the fire i like and wants to be the next nowitski

PJ Washington - undersized PF will be interesting to watch him play with knox

Small Forwards -

Jarrod Vanderbilt - Athletic wing that likes to play defense

* Rui Hachimura - Probably the best prospect to ever come out of japan. Played very well at the u19 tournament

* Miles Bridges - I would love to pair him with this Jazz roster. Shooting and dunking that is what he does well.

Mikal Bridges - NBA role player material. Doesn't have the "IT" but does a little of everything well

Rodions Kurucs - Shooter with athleticism but has had knee issues

Deng Adel - Super athletic that loves to play defense. I would be curious to hear what DM thinks about him

Isaac Bonga - 6'9 PG that cant shoot but has and interesting skill set

Arnoldas Kulboka - Scoring it what he does best

Dzanan Musa - dont know a lot about him yet

Tada Serderkerskis - ditto

* Emmanuel Akot - I am super excited he reclassified. loves to play defense and shot the ball very well

* Justin Jackson - He could have been in the PF section. Has an amazing body and shot the ball very well.

* = some of my favorites to start

Also not in any specific order

First Givony mock for 2018 draft:

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...michael-porter-marvin-bagley-luka-doncic-more

1 Bulls - Michael Porter Jr.
2 Celtics (via Nets) - Marvin Bagley
3 Hawks - DeAndre Ayton
4 Suns - Luka Doncic
5 Kings - Robert Williams
6 Magic - Miles Bridges
7 Knicks - Mohamed Bamba
8 Pacers - Collin Sexton
9 76ers (via Lakers) - Jaren Jackson
10 Mavericks - Wendell Carter
11 Grizzlies - Trevon Duval
12 Pistons - Bruce Brown
13 Pelicans - Lonnie Walker
14 Trail Blazers - Mitchell Robinson
15 76ers - Justin Jackson
16 Hornets - Dzanan Musa
17 Suns (via Heat) - Troy Brown
18 Jazz - Hamidou Diallo
19 Clippers - Mikal Bridges
20 Nuggets - Chimezie Metu
21 Nets (via Raptors) - Rodions Kurucs
22 Bucks - Nick Richards
23 Hawks (via Timberwolves) - Shake Milton
24 Wizards - Grayson Allen
25 Minnesota Timberwolves (via Thunder) - Isaac Bonga
26 Cavaliers - De'Anthony Melton
27 Spurs - Austin Wiley
28 Nets via Celtics - Tyus Battle
29 Hawks (via Rockets) - Brandon McCoy
30 Warriors - Andrew Jones

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...michael-porter-marvin-bagley-luka-doncic-more

3 Hawks - DeAndre Ayton
4 Suns - Luka Doncic
6 Magic - Miles Bridges
7 Knicks - Mohamed Bamba
8 Pacers - Collin Sexton
12 Pistons - Bruce Brown
16 Hornets - Dzanan Musa
18 Jazz - Hamidou Diallo
22 Bucks - Nick Richards
27 Spurs - Austin Wiley

They did all 60 right? Where did he have Jacob Evans?

3 Hawks - DeAndre Ayton
4 Suns - Luka Doncic
6 Magic - Miles Bridges
7 Knicks - Mohamed Bamba
8 Pacers - Collin Sexton
12 Pistons - Bruce Brown
16 Hornets - Dzanan Musa
18 Jazz - Hamidou Diallo
22 Bucks - Nick Richards
27 Spurs - Austin Wiley

interesting Emmanuel akot is not on his list

Pretty sure I'm gonna bet 100-300 on sparty to win it all. I LOVE the Bridges-Ward combo and think they play angry all year and in the tourney.

Ugh, they're the second fave at +650 on Bovada. Was thinking they'd be the 4-5th fave and at about 8:1.

Yep, Boston managed to get a pick in 2 loaded drafts. They are some lucky sons of bitches.

Maybe, but Ainge still doesn't draft that well. They parlayed the #1 pick in this draft into possibly the 6th or 7th best player. I'd take Ball, Fultz, Smith Jr. and Jackson before Tatum, possibly Fox and Issac as well. Our guy taken at #13 might have more impact than Tatum does. FWIW, John Collins looked as good or better than Tatum in Summer League.

Maybe, but Ainge still doesn't draft that well. They parlayed the #1 pick in this draft into possibly the 6th or 7th best player. I'd take Ball, Fultz, Smith Jr. and Jackson before Tatum, possibly Fox and Issac as well. Our guy taken at #13 might have more impact than Tatum does. FWIW, John Collins looked as good or better than Tatum in Summer League.

Any smart person knows it's way too early to call the final score of the 2017 draft, cmon now.

Any smart person knows it's way too early to call the final score of the 2017 draft, cmon now.

What you can shake your head about is knowing that they were going to make a push for Hayward and still having Brown and Crowder on ther roster. Tatum was very redunant to what they have and Tatum will be a back up for the first few years of his career

What you can shake your head about is knowing that they were going to make a push for Hayward and still having Brown and Crowder on ther roster. Tatum was very redunant to what they have and Tatum will be a back up for the first few years of his career

No, you can't. They are building their team w/ versatile big wing players. That is a thing they are doing on purpose and for a reason. Let's see how it works first before you shake your head.

It's not giving the draft a final score, but it's obvious what some players can do and what some can't at this stage. It's less an indictment of Tatum than it is how great some of the other players have looked so far. But that said, Tatum so far is a mediocre defender and hasn't been able to beat defenders off the dribble. His turnaround mid-range jumpers are ball-stopping and inefficient plays. He disappears when the ball isn't in his hands. Watch this pick come back and bite Boston vis a vis how good Dennis Smith Jr., Josh Jackson, and the other guys are. Call it a prediction if you must.

It's not giving the draft a final score, but it's obvious what some players can do and what some can't at this stage. It's less an indictment of Tatum than it is how great some of the other players have looked so far. But that said, Tatum so far is a mediocre defender and hasn't been able to beat defenders off the dribble. His turnaround mid-range jumpers are ball-stopping and inefficient plays. He disappears when the ball isn't in his hands. Watch this pick come back and bite Boston vis a vis how good Dennis Smith Jr., Josh Jackson, and the other guys are. Call it a prediction if you must.

It's a prediction.