What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Someone is probably going to draft Miles Bridges in the 7 - 10 range this next year and be happy about it.

But as I compare Bridges to Rui Hachimura, I'm tempted to say that Hachimura is right there as a comparable prospect, and he looks like an even more natural shooter/scorer. He just didn't get minutes as a freshman. Am I missing something? Maybe it's what I get for looking at highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-AlECeFn_o

....Aaaand here's another forward prospect. Have people been following Kevin Knox (besides PKM)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQ-Dq_LXkM

Love Knox as a prospect.

There are a ton of forwards in this draft ---

• Bagley
  • Porter
  • Doncic (if he plays at the 3)
  • Miles Bridges
  • Robert Williams
  • Jaren Jackson
  • Kevin Knox
  • Rui Hachimura
  • Emanuel Akot
  • Chemezie Metu
  • Rodions Kurucs
  • Killian Tillie

And I must be forgetting a couple.

Last edited:
Someone is probably going to draft Miles Bridges in the 7 - 10 range this next year and be happy about it.

But as I compare Bridges to Rui Hachimura, I'm tempted to say that Hachimura is right there as a comparable prospect, and he looks like an even more natural shooter/scorer. He just didn't get minutes as a freshman. Am I missing something? Maybe it's what I get for looking at highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-AlECeFn_o

I was really impressed with what rui did in the u19 tournament for Japan. He put up serious numbers and let's be honest who else does Japan have? The other teams just had to stop rui to beat Japan and he still did well.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

Here's some more Kevin Knox in high school. Nice rebound and go at 2:00 and a block and go at 2:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh4LJhkov4s

• Bagley
  • Porter
  • Miles Bridges
  • Robert Williams
  • Jaren Jackson
  • Kevin Knox
  • Rui Hachimura
  • Emanuel Akot
  • Chemezie Metu
  • Rodions Kurucs
  • Killian Tillie

missing a lot

Robert Williams
Wendell Carter
PJ Washington
Jarred Vanderbilt
mikla Bridges
deng Adel
Isaac bonga
Dzanan Musa
Justin Jackson

To name a few

I just listed ones I like for the Jazz. I definitely like Robert Williams.

I am really really starting to like Justin jackson. He is a money ball type of player. He will play defense and stuff the stat sheet. He can play the 3 or the 4 and shot 40% from 3 last year. He also has an NBA body 6-8 with a 7-3 wing span.

Going to love seeing Kentucky play all of Diallo, Knox, Washington, and Vanderbilt at the same time.

• Bagley
  • Porter
  • Miles Bridges
  • Robert Williams
  • Jaren Jackson
  • Kevin Knox
  • Rui Hachimura
  • Emanuel Akot
  • Chemezie Metu
  • Rodions Kurucs
  • Killian Tillie

missing a lot

Robert Williams
Wendell Carter
PJ Washington
Jarred Vanderbilt
mikla Bridges
deng Adel
Isaac bonga
Dzanan Musa
Justin Jackson

To name a few

I know it's the following year... but RJ Barrett

• Bagley
  • Porter
  • Miles Bridges
  • Robert Williams
  • Jaren Jackson
  • Kevin Knox
  • Rui Hachimura
  • Emanuel Akot
  • Chemezie Metu
  • Rodions Kurucs
  • Killian Tillie

When your positional categories are that loose there are a ton of forwards in every draft. Some of those guys are centers, some are PF, some are SFs, and you even included a SG.

When your positional categories are that loose there are a ton of forwards in every draft. Some of those guys are centers, some are PF, some are SFs, and you even included a SG.

They can all play PF or SF and would be attractive to the Jazz. Who do you think projects a center? Metu? Williams? They're both considered PFs.

I assume you mean Doncic is a SG. It will depend on whether he can guard the position.