What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Who knows. There are enough decent prospects in that 20-30 range teams might not want the huge project and just go for the more known commodities. If you aren't a team with a well integrated G-League system, are you going to draft him?
Who are the teams with good G-League infrastructure? I bet there are some that are picking 22 to 35-40 that would pick him.

There a ton of lounging around in those workouts.

Troy Brown just went through his shooting drill... I cannot pinpoint what's wrong with his shot... there is something funky about it. It looks alright at first sight, but the more I watch him the more I don't feel comfortable with it. Might have something to do with him missing a lot of those.

Who are the teams with good G-League infrastructure? I bet there are some that are picking 22 to 35-40 that would pick him.
I dont know. I'm not sure exactly how I would quantify that.

I know the 4 teams who have no G-League team are the Nuggets, Pelicans, Wizards, and Blazers.

There a ton of lounging around in those workouts.

Troy Brown just went through his shooting drill... I cannot pinpoint what's wrong with his shot... there is something funky about it. It looks alright at first sight, but the more I watch him the more I don't feel comfortable with it. Might have something to do with him missing a lot of those.
Really? I like his release. I think it just needs some reps and fine tuning, but it looks good and has a high release. He looks pretty built already. Definitely the kind of forward you can see playing in the 225-230 range that is needed to compete with the big time forwards in the NBA. He looks a lot more athletic than what he tested on his dunks. It must be his huge hands that lets him really **** the ball back on his dunks.

Brown reminds me of Dillon Brooks. Maybe it's the unis but I think it's the smooth, effortless way he plays and shoots.

Really? I like his release. I think it just needs some reps and fine tuning, but it looks good and has a high release. He looks pretty built already. Definitely the kind of forward you can see playing in the 225-230 range that is needed to compete with the big time forwards in the NBA. He looks a lot more athletic than what he tested on his dunks. It must be his huge hands that lets him really **** the ball back on his dunks.
I don't know. I'm no shot doctor and I really cannot pinpoint what the problem is(maybe it's just in my head because of me knowing he's not been great shooting the ball in college). I just don't feel like it's going in when he launches it. Like for example when Huerter shoots I feel like it's going in every time, it looks smooth and seamless and compact.

I don't know. I'm no shot doctor and I really cannot pinpoint what the problem is(maybe it's just in my head because of me knowing he's not been great shooting the ball in college). I just don't feel like it's going in when he launches it. Like for example when Huerter shoots I feel like it's going in every time, it looks smooth and seamless and compact.
Well yeah, it's not where close to as nice as Huerter's, but he is way bigger than Huerter. He is basically the ideal wing size and he can playmake. His shot isnt great, but it isnt broken by any means. With his release I can see him becoming a good shooter eventually.

Well yeah, it's not where close to as nice as Huerter's, but he is way bigger than Huerter. He is basically the ideal wing size and he can playmake. His shot isnt great, but it isnt broken by any means. With his release I can see him becoming a good shooter eventually.
How do you feel about his athleticism and ability to guard on the wing? Or multiple positions? For what it's worth I love his playmaking and overall skill and floor game. I'm just not sure he's much more athletic than Kyle Anderson for example, who had similar strengths and weaknesses.

How do you feel about his athleticism and ability to guard on the wing? Or multiple positions? For what it's worth I love his playmaking and overall skill and floor game. I'm just not sure he's much more athletic than Kyle Anderson for example, who had similar strengths and weaknesses.
He definitely looks a lot more athletic than Anderson. I know he tested poor athletically, but he seems more athletic than his testing numbers. His combination of skill and size just make him a tough pass if he last to 21. Not saying he would necessarily be my first pick there, but he'd be a hard look for sure.

He definitely looks a lot more athletic than Anderson. I know he tested poor athletically, but he seems more athletic than his testing numbers. His combination of skill and size just make him a tough pass if he last to 21. Not saying he would necessarily be my first pick there, but he'd be a hard look for sure.

Troy Brown? How does he look remotely athletic?

Is Evans a reach at 21? NBADarft, their past shakiness not withstanding, has him going around 40 iirc.

The Jazz asked the guy with the camera to move a little bit because he was in their way watching Troy Brown. :D

I mean, I addressed that in the post....

His highlights are wildly unimpressive. It's three point shooting and attempts to drive but since he can't get past anyone (in college mind you), he always reverts to stopping for some sort of a baby hook, or floater, or something off the glass. He literally had no dunks or even drives to where he can get to the rim because he's so unexplosive. If I'm a wing in the NBA, I guard him tight as ****. His shooting is shaky and he won't be able to get by the defender.

His highlights are wildly unimpressive. It's three point shooting and attempts to drive but since he can't get past anyone (in college mind you), he always reverts to stopping for some sort of a baby hook, or floater, or something off the glass. He literally had no dunks or even drives to where he can get to the rim because he's so unexplosive. If I'm a wing in the NBA, I guard him tight as ****. His shooting is shaky and he won't be able to get by the defender.
I don't see his athleticism either. He just got blocked effortlessly on a drive by some random dude with no NBA future or athleticism. He's probably a bit more athletic than Kyle Anderson but not by a lot IMO.

Anyone remember Hayward's athleticism and shooting stroke when he came into the league? Brown Jr. is ahead of that, imo, and he's still only 19.

The thing that's great about Brown is his floor vision, home-run passing, and subtle timing in making plays. He's got instincts that a lot of wings don't have.

I've been looking for guys that combine length with real ball skills. I think Brown Jr. can do it.

Yeah, I wish he were 6'9" and I wish he had a 38" max vertical, but we're drafting outside the lottery here.

Last edited:
Anyone remember Hayward's athleticism and shooting stroke when he came into the league? Brown Jr. is ahead of that, imo, and he's still only 19.

The thing that's great about Brown is his floor vision, home-run passing, and subtle timing in making plays. He's got instincts that a lot of wings don't have.

I've been looking for guys that combine length with real ball skills. I think Brown Jr. can do it.

Hayward was pre-pubescent and far more advanced overall imo.

This kid has length which he can't use (other than rebounding) because he can't get by anyone. He can't shoot. Meh.

Yeah, I wish he were 6'9" and I wish he had a 38" max vertical, but were drafting outside the lottery here.

If I recall, Hayward had a very good freshman year, then became the man and struggled with outside shooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk