What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

I feel like I am in information overload. I can only imagine what the Jazz FO is looking at. At this point I am okay with most of the flawed players we have to pick from. But I'll admit to being down on Allen, DD and Robinson. I just don't see a defensive position for them. And since we are trying to win games in the playoffs, they have to be able to guard their position.

A brief scan of today's draft rumors (everyone is lying)…
Dallas and Atlanta want to trade down. Dallas might also want to trade up. Denver wants to trade up, and have offered Faried to Dallas as bait. Porter Jr. has a bad hip, but allegedly Dallas doesn't mind.

Just watched Drazen Musa highlights for the first time, and I have to say, those were some of the most enjoyable highlights I’ve ever seen to watch. I can’t believe he’s 6-8 and moves the way he does. I wouldn’t mind it if the jazz drafted him. He seems to have a nice range of skills. Step back, euro step, killer cross over, and range that goes forever. I just have no idea if he plays defense or not.

Is he a Rodney Hood clone? Maybe a slightly better shooter, but he has the same type of frame - 6'8" - the guys with the shorter frame get their shot off quicker and tend to have better touch. He could be a good, underrated pick.

How do you think his passing/decision making project? I haven't really been able to get a good handle on that. Also how do you think his season would have went if he went to Louisville? I wonder if he's so talented that he could have put up Malik Monk numbers, or if he was too raw to put up good counting stats.

If simons had gone to Louisville under Patino he would never have seen the floor because he is not a good defender.

Is he a Rodney Hood clone? Maybe a slightly better shooter, but he has the same type of frame - 6'8" - the guys with the shorter frame get their shot off quicker and tend to have better touch. He could be a good, underrated pick.

Didn’t see anything close to resemble Hood. Musa seems to have way more advanced handles, and more wiggle when attacking, and more explosive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t see anything close to resemble Hood. Musa seems to have way more advanced handles, and more wiggle when attacking, and more explosive

A better offensive player than Hood? Really? Maybe we go with that. That wingspan though, it is shorter than his height.

A brief scan of today's draft rumors (everyone is lying)…
Dallas and Atlanta want to trade down. Dallas might also want to trade up. Denver wants to trade up, and have offered Faried to Dallas as bait. Porter Jr. has a bad hip, but allegedly Dallas doesn't mind.
First Denver wanted to use their pick to offload Faried and now they want to use him to move up?

A better offensive player than Hood? Really? Maybe we go with that. That wingspan though, it is shorter than his height.
Never said he was a better offensive player, just doesn’t look at all like Hood to me

Could be a partner if we're looking to trade up.

I was about to slander you, then realized the Hawks have two other picks, lol. I hope you were talking about one of the other picks.

Never said he was a better offensive player, just doesn’t look at all like Hood to me

I was about to slander you, then realized the Hawks have two other picks, lol. I hope you were talking about one of the other picks.

If Utah's target is at 19 and they think the Wolves would grab 'em, then Utah could make a jump pretty damn cheaply. 21 + a couple of seconds (we have three incoming in the future) should seal that easily. 3 is, in all likelihood, out of range unless we give up Gobs, DM, or a combo of Rubio, Jingles, and/or Crowder and future picks (probably a non-starter for DL given they would be our own). Even then, I doubt the Hawks are looking for that and we want no part of Schröder.

Defense *************** Meh defense *************** No defense
22. Aaron Holiday *************** 18. Troy Brown *************** 17. Jerome Robinson
24. De'Anthony Melton *************** 20. Kevin Huerter *************** 19. Dzanan Musa
25. Josh Okogie *************** 21. Elie Okobo *************** 36. Moritz Wagner
28. Bruce Brown *************** 26. Donte DiVincenzo *************** 38. Anfernee Simons
29. Keita Bates-Diop *************** 27. Grayson Allen
30. Jacob Evans *************** 33. Chandler Hutchison
31. Khyri Thomas *************** 37. Hamidou Diallo
32. Melvin Frazier *************** 39. Gary Trent Jr.
34. Jevon Carter
35. Jalen Brunson

Defense *************** Meh defense *************** No defense
22. Aaron Holiday *************** 18. Troy Brown *************** 17. Jerome Robinson
24. De'Anthony Melton *************** 20. Kevin Huerter *************** 19. Dzanan Musa
25. Josh Okogie *************** 21. Elie Okobo *************** 36. Moritz Wagner
28. Bruce Brown *************** 26. Donte DiVincenzo *************** 38. Anfernee Simons
29. Keita Bates-Diop *************** 27. Grayson Allen
30. Jacob Evans *************** 33. Chandler Hutchison
31. Khyri Thomas *************** 37. Hamidou Diallo
32. Melvin Frazier *************** 39. Gary Trent Jr.
34. Jevon Carter
35. Jalen Brunson

Can you explain what this is about?

I’ll say again that I think Okogie is being slept on. Hope he impresses in his workout with us.

He's an NBA athlete for sure, still only 19. Disruptive defender who plays with high energy all the time and is pretty fast in the open floor. If the Jazz can teach him to play under control and get him to pick his spots, he could be a steal. In fact, an argument can be made that it's more feasible to teach him the game under Quin's system than it is to get Troy Brown to improve his shooting and athleticism.

If Okogie shows he can shoot well in the shooting drills and finish around the rim, he'll be high on the list. His athleticism will jump off the page.