What's new

Following Potential 2020 draftees

U might want to check out Josiah James (6'6" freshman combo guard) at Tennessee.. He's going ballistic right now vs Memphis (he's got 13 points and Memphis has 5) on ESPN.

He kinda reminds me of Spencer Dinwiddie..

and yeah, Haliburton is gonna be out of range.. He's trending into the lottery and fast..

I'll have to catch Tennessee sometime, I've heard Pons is finally turning the corner as well.

Dru Smith another older guard I'd like in the later rounds.

Marcus Carr Sophomore PG at Minnesota with 35 and 7dimes in a big upset vs #3 OSU. If that doesnt get him some hype idk what will. Canadian kid.

Cole Anthony out indefinitely. Leaky Black out. UNC loses to Wofford, they've got Gonzaga this week.. It's getting late early for Roy's bunch.

Sam Vecenie came out with a new top 100 big board. If anyone's curious about specific players, let me know. Here's the top 20.

1. Anthony Edwards
2. Cole Anthony
3. James Wiseman
4. LaMelo Ball
5. Tyrese Maxey
6. Deni Avdija
7. Theo Maledon
8. Jaden McDaniels
9. RJ Hampton
10. Obi Toppin
11. Tyrese Haliburton
12. Isaac Okoro
13. Isaiah Stewart
14. Nico Mannion
15. Precious Achiuwa
16. Killian Hayes
17. Kira Lewis Jr
18. Onyeka Okongwu
19. Scottie Lewis
20. Isaiah Joe

Sam Vecenie came out with a new top 100 big board. If anyone's curious about specific players, let me know. Here's the top 20.

1. Anthony Edwards
2. Cole Anthony
3. James Wiseman
4. LaMelo Ball
5. Tyrese Maxey
6. Deni Avdija
7. Theo Maledon
8. Jaden McDaniels
9. RJ Hampton
10. Obi Toppin
11. Tyrese Haliburton
12. Isaac Okoro
13. Isaiah Stewart
14. Nico Mannion
15. Precious Achiuwa
16. Killian Hayes
17. Kira Lewis Jr
18. Onyeka Okongwu
19. Scottie Lewis
20. Isaiah Joe

Where does he have Jordan Nwora from Louisville?

I don't understand why LaMelo is so high. He was shooting like 13% from the 3 in his first 5 games in the NBL. I watched one if his games and he looked horrible about a month and a half ago too. His team was also dead last in league standings too.

I don't understand why LaMelo is so high. He was shooting like 13% from the 3 in his first 5 games in the NBL. I watched one if his games and he looked horrible about a month and a half ago too. His team was also dead last in league standings too.

Well he's 6'7" now. Any point guards of that size will be highly regarded. Lonzo Ball's complete lack of development in the NBA could hurt his brothers stock though.

shooting % is super low because he takes these wild contested pullups. There's good reason to believe he's actually a pretty good shooter.

Dante made his debut for Oregon after what could only have been a practice or 2. He's now the most talented bigman in college. Expect his name to fly up draft boards.

You can of course make your own opinion but some have thought he has some Embiid like qualities.

Robert Woodard II(Miss State) has surfaced in the top30 of ESPN's best available. Used to post about him long ago in recruitment.HE's a kid who was in team USA's youth system.

Sophmore 6'7" swingman. very good athlete can do a bunch of stuff. He's shooting like 58% from 3 so far this season.

@Lord

If you’re the Jazz and have say the 23rd pick, who are some guys you see in the 20-25 range who we should target and why?

@Lord

If you’re the Jazz and have say the 23rd pick, who are some guys you see in the 20-25 range who we should target and why?
Welp I think its a PF or a combo guard. In that mid-20's range I always advocate looking at a player projected in the teens and hoping he falls --- That guy would be Arizona's 6'6" Josh Green, and probably French Guard Theo Maledon.

For Forwards;
Zeke Nnaji - PF/C; would be outstanding value at that spot. athletic 6'11 kid who shoots crazy %'s.
Paul Reed - PF; probably the most well rounded PF who's ready for minutes they can find.

There's a few undersized PF's that sorta make sense but they'd be guys you'd be grooming for roles well represented on the team currently (Bojan, Ingles, Royce).. to me thats where Matthew Hurt, Jordan Nwora, and to a lesser extent the 2 kids at Villanova; Bey and Earl-Robinson would be. Also Khalil Whitney at UK would be in the high-risk high-reward category of these forwards, very athletic kid who needs lots of polish.

As for guards.. It's a bit more up in the air..

This Argentinian, Leandro Bolmaro, to me seems like a good match in Utah and might be talented enough to warrant a 1st rd pick.. Knockdown 3pt shooter. I suspect he's gonna keep gaining steam into the summer. He is big enough to be a swingman for sure 6'6 or 6'7. for some reason I get the feeling that when the dust settles on this draft, this kid is still gonna be standing.

Jahim'us Ramsey at Texas Tech is a 6'4" combo guard is a bit redundant with D. Mitchell but I think you could make it work. Super athletic capable of huge dunks and flashes nice skill and awareness and he's tough as nails.

Last edited:
With Exum gone the chances Utah takes a developmental PG at the end of the first have risen and in this draft there's heavy depth at PG, perhaps a gem will fall in their laps.

Baylor's sophomore guard Jared Butler is a potential riser

Kira Lewis Jr is I think a very interesting player to keep an eye on too because he's really dynamite athlete even by NBA standards and will post blowout #'s in combine testing.. Something like a Dennis Schroder, and hes projected by some in the 2nd rd.

Here is a sleeper Lamaine Dianne from Cal State Northridge 6'7" 205 from Senegal. Right now he is averaging 29 ppg and 10 rebounds. What make him remarkable is the high praise his coaches give him. CSUN's coaches are Mark Gottfried, Jim Harrick and Mo Williams (the former Jazzman). They say this kid has as much potential as anyone they have ever coached. Harrick won an NCAA title at UCLA and had Lamar Odom play for him at Rhode Island and Gottfried was the head coach at Alabama and NCState. Mo has seen a thing or two in his NBA days and winning a ring at Cleveland.

Here is a sleeper Lamaine Dianne from Cal State Northridge 6'7" 205 from Senegal. Right now he is averaging 29 ppg and 10 rebounds. What make him remarkable is the high praise his coaches give him. CSUN's coaches are Mark Gottfried, Jim Harrick and Mo Williams (the former Jazzman). They say this kid has as much potential as anyone they have ever coached. Harrick won an NCAA title at UCLA and had Lamar Odom play for him at Rhode Island and Gottfried was the head coach at Alabama and NCState. Mo has seen a thing or two in his NBA days and winning a ring at Cleveland.

I've seen him last season. Really an excellent player. Has a sharp handle for a player that size. Has very nice body control. Pretty sure he's very old though for this draft. Type of guy who will be in summer league and g-league for sure.

did a lil mock for the end of the year

1 - ATL - James Wiseman - 7' C - Memphis
2 - GSW - LaMelo Ball - 6'7" PG/SG - International '01
3 - NYK - Anthony Edwards - 6'4" CG - Georgia
4 - WAS - Jaden McDaniels - 6'10 SF/PF - Washington
5 - CLE - N'Faly Dante - 6'11 - C - Oregon
6 - NOP - Tyrese Haliburton - 6'5" PG/SG - Iowa St.
7 - DET - Cole Anthony - 6'2" PG - UNC
8 - SAC - RJ Hampton - 6'5" PG/SG - International '01
9 - CHA - Deni Avdija - 6'9" SF - International '01
10 - MIN - Nico Mannion - 6'3" CG - Arizona
11 - CHI - Theo Maledon - 6'5" CG - International '01
12 - BOS - Tyrese Maxey - 6'3" - CG - Kentucky
13 - PHX - Obi Toppin - 6'9" PF - Dayton
14 - POR - Josh Green - 6'6" SG/SF - Arizona
15 - SAS - Precious Achuwia - 6'9" PF - Memphis
16 - ORL - Killian Hayes - 6'4" CG - International '01
17 - ATL - Onyeka Okongwu - 6'9" C/PF - USC
18 - OKC - Jordan Nwora - 6'8" SF - Louisville
19 - MIL - Isaiah Stewart - 6'9" PF - Washington
20 - UTA - Zeke Nnaji - 6'11" PF/C - Arizona
21 - DAL - Vernon Carey 6'10" C - Duke
22 - BKN - Patrick Williams - 6'8" - SF - FSU
23 - TOR - Robert Woodard III - 6'7" SG/SF - Mississippi St.
24 - HOU - Matthew Hurt - 6'9" SF/PF - Duke
25 - LAC - Isaac Okoro - 6'6" SF/PF - Auburn
26 - OKC - Aaron Nesmith 6'6" SF - Vanderbilt
27 - MIA - Jahim'us Ramsey 6'4" CG - Texas Tech
28 - BOS - Amar Sylla - 6'9 - PF - International '01
29 - LAL - Paul Reed 6'9" PF - Depaul
30 - BOS - Kira Lewis - 6'3" PG - Alabama

31 - Scottie Lewis 6'5" SG/SF - Florida
32 - Isaiah Joe - 6'4" SG - Arkansas
33 - Reggie Perry 6'9" PF/C - Mississippi St.
34 - Khalil Whitney - 6'7" SF - Kentucky
35 - Kaleb Wesson 6'9" C - OSU
36 - Leandro Bolmaro 6'7" SG - International '00
37 - Jared Butler - 6'3" PG - Baylor
38 - Seddiq Bey - 6'8" PF - Villanova
39 - Daniel Orturu - 6'10" C - Minnesota
40 - Malcolm Cazalon - 6'4" SG - International '01
41 - Abdoulaye N'doye - 6'7" SG/SF - International '98
42 - Ashton Hagans 6'3" CG - Kentucky
43 - Makur Maker - 6'11" PF/C - International '01
44 - Aleksej Pokusevski 7' PF - International '01
45 - Aaron Henry - 6'6" SG/SF - MSU
46 - Ochai Agbaji 6'4" SG - Kansas
47 - AJ Lawson - 6'6" SG - South Carolina
48 - Killian Tillie 6'10" PF/C - Gonzaga
49 - Devon Dotson 6'2" PG - Kansas
50 - Carlos Alocen - 6'5 PG - International '00
51 - Tre Jones - 6'2" PG - Duke
52 - Jalen Smith - 6'10" PF/C - Maryland
53 - Devin Vassell - 6'6'" SG - FSU
54 - Naz Carter - 6'6" SF - Washington
55 - Corey Kispert - 6'5" SG/SF - Gonzaga
56 - Omer Yertseven 7' C - Georgetown
57 - TyShon Alexander 6'4" SG - Creighton
58 - Paul Eboua - 6'8" SF/PF - International '00
59 - Myles Powell 6'2 CG - Seton Hall
60 - Kenyon Martin Jr. - 6'7" SF/PF - USA - '01

With Exum gone the chances Utah takes a developmental PG at the end of the first have risen and in this draft there's heavy depth at PG, perhaps a gem will fall in their laps.

Baylor's sophomore guard Jared Butler is a potential riser

Kira Lewis Jr is I think a very interesting player to keep an eye on too because he's really dynamite athlete even by NBA standards and will post blowout #'s in combine testing.. Something like a Dennis Schroder, and hes projected by some in the 2nd rd.

Plus DL has the Baylor connection.