What's new

Following Potential 2020 draftees

So someone that I know out of a mutual love for basketball has connections inside college basketball and he passed some info on to me regarding some off court stuff on Paul Reed, Reggie Perry and Jaden McDaniels. Let's just say it's not so great. I think I might move Reed down my board. I trust the source. You can take this FWIW and choose to believe or not.

Just give us a taste. I imagine it’s drug-related or sexual assault in nature.

Bolmaro started at SF for Barcelona on Thursday and shot 3/5 from 3pt to finish with 11 pts and 3 assists in 15 mins of play.

Just give us a taste. I imagine it’s drug-related or sexual assault in nature.

Most of the stuff about Reed and McDaniels is big concerns about whether they are willing to be coached and attitude related. What I was told about Perry was the same... plus something else.

Last edited:

I wonder if he gets drafted... names been thrown around for many many drafts now. last year of eligibility. still skinny. long and mobile...

Its said he made a really high % of his open 3pters this year..

I kinda hope he ends up in the g-league next season instead of stashed overseas. regardless of his future path i think it'd do him good.

Last edited:
fun highlights.. If he can fix his 3pt shot the game would be much easier for him... looks like he's about 6'8" with a 6'10 wingspan

I wonder if he gets drafted... names been thrown around for many many drafts now. last year of eligibility. still skinny. long and mobile...

Its said he made a really high % of his open 3pters this year..

I kinda hope he ends up in the g-league next season instead of stashed overseas. regardless of his future path i think it'd do him good.

Nice player.

Unless someone like Saddiq Bey or Josh Green slips, I think it would likely come down to Maledon and Bolmaro at #24. Pokusevski remains a complete wildcard whose draft range could be 14 - 28. If the Jazz think they can get through to McDaniels or Reed, then those guys are probably in play as well.

I think the Jazz would try to trade up for a few guys, including Williams, maybe Lewis Jr. and maybe Hampton.

Hampton is raw, but he's a high-caliber athlete who plays with some of the same physical presence and swagger you'd see in a guy like Wall and Westbrook. He'd give the Jazz another attempt at developing a Dante Exum-type player. He may never be a real point guard, but could be a versatile combo who can also guard wings. He'll blow by guys off the dribble. Where have we heard that before...

Last edited:
I'm just sad that here we are end of June, no draft yet so I don't get to complain we took a slow center with no upside... I don't get to make fun of DL for saying something about how the kid can do a rubik's cube while doing the balance beam bare foot.

No Vegas trip this year either... sad sad sad.

I'm just sad that here we are end of June, no draft yet so I don't get to complain we took a slow center with no upside... I don't get to make fun of DL for saying something about how the kid can do a rubik's cube while doing the balance beam bare foot.

No Vegas trip this year either... sad sad sad.

You can do what I do and just pretend.

It's also possible that Tyler Bey could be a fit for the Jazz. If he can transition to playing on the perimeter and knock down his shots, he could be similar to Trevor Ariza. They have similar measurables, athleticism and solid defensive instincts.

I have been a huge Marko Simonovic fan but I have completely forgotten about him this year. Goes to show how removed I have been this year from basketball
With the covid situation this years basketball season, for me, has probably been a lot more normal than it's been for other people (who ususally dont watch until later in the season)...I kinda cram hard early on, gems like Pascal Siakam and Zach LaVine can be uncovered earlier than their hype if you've got a nose for it....

With everything shutting down the amount of games/footage i've seen compared to the avg joe, there's an even greater discrepancy than usual.....

Even with that all being said, i kinda forgot about Simonovic this year too. He does look nice and mobile in the recent footage tho. I could see him getting drafted, even tho it looks like ESPN thinks that'd be a reach.

That bigman list tho... on the espn 100 available... u can't convince me that list doesnt actually go to **** somewhere in the 50's...

Last edited:
Speaking of low-rated bigs on that ESPN list --- I'd kinda like to see Utah pick up Freddie Gilliespie as an UDFA.

1 year on the G-league team then see what he's got after the Ed Davis deal expires.. His games not flashy, but he's effective, and he's got the strength to bang down low..

BTW here's some interesting comments from Adrian Wojnarowski and Givony on the progress(or lack thereof) on the removal of the one-and-done rule..

A lot of us believed a year ago, 18 months ago, that the NBA and the player's association would come to an agreement on ending the one-and-done -- they would set a date in the future, but we thought it would be 2022, 2023 when high school players would be able to go back in the draft. That has not happened. It is not on the horizon, largely because the union and the league, as part of letting the high school players back into the draft, the league has wanted players to have to make available their physicals and medical evaluations to all teams ... The union, backed very hard by the agents, had said, 'That's not something we're gonna give in on. We're not going to give you full access medically. That's the one advantage that we feel we have as agents and players to control the process.' That's been the major sticking point for a couple of years now. And there's a real strong possibility that the one-and-done conversation isn't picked up again until the next collective bargaining agreement in 2025.
-Wojnarowski

The appetite among NBA teams for eliminating this rule, I'm not sure exactly if it's there right now. Talking to GMs and executives, I think that they've made it clear to their owners that they aren't in any rush whatsoever right now to eliminate one-and-done. They like the way that things are set up right now with players going to college for a year, or going to Australia or now the G League.
- Givony

Wiseman to Detroit is obscene value... on par to when Drummond fell to them...

I dont like the Aaron Nesmith to PHX pick...