What's new

Following Potential 2020 draftees

It's wild the NBA Draft will be occurring a few weeks before Halloween.

I would love it if we traded back a few picks( for a later 1st and a mid-2nd) and were able to take Jalen Smith and with the 2nd Quickley.

Of course if DL doesn't see anything he absolutely loves I don't think he'll have any issue trading the pick. Our roster is full as it is.

I would love it if we traded back a few picks( for a later 1st and a mid-2nd) and were able to take Jalen Smith and with the 2nd Quickley.

Of course if DL doesn't see anything he absolutely loves I don't think he'll have any issue trading the pick. Our roster is full as it is.

There are just a ton of talented guards in this draft. I think the Jazz will at least come up with someone they think they can put next to Donovan longer term. Desmond Bane, Mason Jones, Elijah Hughes, Jalen Harris, Jay Scrubb are all likely to go in the 2nd round. I think DL and JZ will end up taking at least one pick in this draft. They need young assets.

Last edited:
I highly doubt that it happens, but if by some miracle of god Pokusevski is available when the Jazz pick they pretty much have to take him.

Yeah, he's like a legit wing who happens to be 7-ft. I still like the young Keith Van Horn comp. Someone's going to have to be patient with him.

Last edited:
How much do we value a player who has the potential ability to guard the LeBrons, Kawhis, Ingrams, Siakams and Tatums of the world?

I think the Jazz would value a player like that a lot, especially if he can also pass, dribble and shoot.

The Jazz don't play the trade back game. If they like Smith and he's on the board they will take him regardless of what mocks are saying.

A 6'7" shooter who hits 44% of his 3s and has enough athleticism to attack close-outs and hold his own on defense has a lot of value in today's league. He's already like a sightly more athletic Joe Harris, imo, and he's got a little more ceiling than that. It looks as though he might get picked up outside the top 45. Nice value-pick for a high-gravity shooter.

So he's white he's Joe Harris?

How much do we value a player who has the potential ability to guard the LeBrons, Kawhis, Ingrams, Siakams and Tatums of the world?

Well I mean.... How sure are you that the Jazz don't see Royce as that guy already? Think it's also worth noting what Joe Ingles did to Paul George in that playoff series...

Cuz I'm pretty sure the actual answer to that question is irrelvant to where the Jazz will draft in the 20's, this year.. Dont think they'll have their sights set that high..

I want someone to put “Churro.”
The Jazz don't play the trade back game. If they like Smith and he's on the board they will take him regardless of what mocks are saying.

If DL was all about Smith you're right - he wouldn't though we traded down when NJ wanted Whitehead. I think DL would trade down if he liked a few guys and wanted to get another pick. I simply suggested trading down because I wanted an extra pick so we could potentially draft Quickley or someone else in the 2nd as I like the 2nd round depth.

If DL was all about Smith you're right - he wouldn't though we traded down when NJ wanted Whitehead. I think DL would trade down if he liked a few guys and wanted to get another pick. I simply suggested trading down because I wanted an extra pick so we could potentially draft Quickley or someone else in the 2nd as I like the 2nd round depth.
It's a good idea. IMO Utah would be a great landing spot for Quickley. He's got the attitude they're looking for. Quickley has some George Hill to his game.

Lets say they want him; Is gambling on Quickley falling to the UDFA pool really a viable strategy? probably not..

you don't have trade down necessarily, you can buy a pick and take the best guy available. The only time I would trade down is if there were multiple guys we liked the same and one of them would be available with the lower pick.

Is anyone familiar with Derrick Alston Jr. from Boise State? He's a 6'9" guard/wing who averaged 17 ppg and 5 rpg this season as a junior.

Well I mean.... How sure are you that the Jazz don't see Royce as that guy already? Think it's also worth noting what Joe Ingles did to Paul George in that playoff series...

Cuz I'm pretty sure the actual answer to that question is irrelvant to where the Jazz will draft in the 20's, this year.. Dont think they'll have their sights set that high..

Not sure how they view Royce. But I know that I view Royce as a better defender against smaller perimeter guys than big wings. And I think in an ideal world you don't want Joe carrying that load.

The reason I ask is because the two prospects who seem best equipped to take on that challenge in the top 30 or 40 of this class are Isaac Okoro and Precious Achiuwa. Okoro will almost certainly be gone by the time the Jazz pick. Achiuwa could be there though.

How do you guys feel about Devon Dotson? The dude has fantastic burst. He can get to the rim pretty much whenever he wants. Watching film he has even blown by defenders who go UNDER screens against him. That's rare. The concern is his jumpshot off the catch and his pullup. His shot percentages (and his shot on film) suggest he has okay touch. But there are some mechanical problems in both the upper and lower body that lead to an ugly looking shot and some awful misses. Do you think he can fix it?

How do you guys feel about Devon Dotson? The dude has fantastic burst. He can get to the rim pretty much whenever he wants. Watching film he has even blown by defenders who go UNDER screens against him. That's rare. The concern is his jumpshot off the catch and his pullup. His shot percentages (and his shot on film) suggest he has okay touch. But there are some mechanical problems in both the upper and lower body that lead to an ugly looking shot and some awful misses. Do you think he can fix it?

He's small and he can't shoot. That makes him a backup at best.

Y'all remember when some writer said "Thon Maker has more upside than Apple stock in the 80's" ... that **** is still the funniest player comparison i've ever heard
I think he needs someone to be patient and loyal to him and help him progress. I think he still has a lot of potential to be a very good player in this league. Also think he needs to get his head screwed on straight.

He's small and he can't shoot. That makes him a backup at best.

So you don't think that he can improve the shot at all? I'm not really worried about his height. It's not ideal of course, it limits him to being a one position defender but that's not completely devastating.

So you don't think that he can improve the shot at all? I'm not really worried about his height. It's not ideal of course, it limits him to being a one position defender but that's not completely devastating.

Well, he's small with a limited wingspan. I think he's a 2nd-round pick. I'd be more comfortable with Maledon, Josh Green, and your arch-nemesis Bolmaro at #24. I'd also consider taking a swing at Jaden McDaniels if he survives a thorough background check.