What's new

Following Potential 2020 draftees

Vecenie hates hates Tyler Bey. Vecenie really annoys me too.

Yeah, I think he puts in the work but I wouldn't put too much stock in his personal big boards like this one. The big boards where he bases them on what teams are saying are much more interesting.

I think these would be my Top 30 right now...

Anthony Edwards
James Wiseman
Killian Hayes
Lamelo Ball
Isaac Okoro

Obi Toppin
Patrick Williams
Devin Vassell
Onyeka Okongwu
Deni Avdija

Tyrese Haliburton
Cole Anthony
Aleksej Pokusevski
Aaron Nesmith
RJ Hampton

Tyrese Maxey
Saddiq Bey
Kira Lewis
Tyrell Terry
Precious Achiuwa

Jalen Smith
Jaden McDaniels
Leandro Bolmaro
Josh Green
Theo Maledon

Reggie Perry
Tyler Bey
Paul Reed
Jahmi’us Ramsey
Elijah Hughes

Last edited:
Yeah, I think he puts in the work but I wouldn't put too much stock in his personal big boards like this one. The big boards where he bases them on what teams are saying are much more interesting.
Oh yeah, I put zero stock into his opinions on basketball. I kind of hate his podcast too. I'll listen to any draft content, but he's one of those podcast where hell stop to talk about his fantasy team for 5 minutes.

Question for all those of you who follow the draft more than I do:

If he had no worrisome injury history, where would you be ranking Killian Tillie? Would you see him as someone the Jazz would want?

I ask because the little I've seen of him leads me to wonder if his game will adequately translate the the NBA . I'm not so much worried about the style, but whether his athletic tools (mainly limitations in length, vertical pop, and ability to increase strength) are sufficient to still be the same offensively versatile and defensively competent force that he was in college. Seems like a not-quite-as gifted Nicola Mirotic.

Question for all those of you who follow the draft more than I do:

If he had no worrisome injury history, where would you be ranking Killian Tillie? Would you see him as someone the Jazz would want?

I ask because the little I've seen of him leads me to wonder if his game will adequately translate the the NBA . I'm not so much worried about the style, but whether his athletic tools (mainly limitations in length, vertical pop, and ability to increase strength) are sufficient to still be the same offensively versatile and defensively competent force that he was in college. Seems like a not-quite-as gifted Nicola Mirotic.

The questions I'd have are related to his rebounding and defense at the NBA level, though he's shown some ability on that end in college. I don't think he's got the type of ball skills that Mirotic has, or quite the ability to play downhill. His appeal should primarily be his ability to catch and shoot at his size. I'd hope for him to develop into a Davis Bertans-type role and get by on defense. If he can add some strength, he might be able to play some minutes at the 5, like Kaminsky or Thomas Bryant, but not likely due to his limited length.

He might be really effective in a system like the Spurs.

The questions I'd have are related to his rebounding and defense at the NBA level, though he's shown some ability on that end in college. I don't think he's got the type of ball skills that Mirotic has, or quite the ability to play downhill. His appeal should primarily be his ability to catch and shoot at his size. I'd hope for him to develop into a Davis Bertans-type role and get by on defense. If he can add some strength, he might be able to play some minutes at the 5, like Kaminsky or Thomas Bryant, but not likely due to his limited length.

He might be really effective in a system like the Spurs.

Agreed. A more defensively competent/capable Davis Bertans. His BB IQ allow him to get by operating in a defensive system/team defense with his ability to anticipate and make that right reads/rotations.

I'll listen to any draft content.

This guy actually spends more time on this stuff than me.... and he still knows WAYYYYYYY less.... Mr I wouldnt draft Zach LaVine in the 2nd round.... LMAOOOOO

You used to **** on Jerami Grant too... hows that working for ya? The assertion I used to make here to the Aaron Gordon fanboys that he really wasnt much better than Jerami Grant (who was projected by some in the 2nd rd, and eventually fell there) was obviously spot on, and tbh at the pay-grade Grant has been playing on he's been able to provide such terrific value.

Aaron Gordon 30% from 3 this season

Jerami Grant 39% from 3....

I know some of y'all will say this isnt 2020 draftee content but I think being able to demonstrate competency on the subject, identifying who can shoot and who cant better than someone such as Cy who runs around here on a high horse, and uses other peoples information as the crutch of his arguments because he's noncommittal and doesnt wanna make "I wouldnt draft Zach LaVine in the 2nd round because he's an and1 player and he should go back to school because he's too immature and not ready for the NBA" type blunders again..

h1KUM5KF9K86dAXDBP389VKMQCepXFlpWW-10WwkB4VavMyc3MfQY7Ao697PYP_AgHhT95Aoe9Bq8UDjGzQ1wWM7yE1m18id6vjn5jNR5UnMPc-Gg5TpRL-7l1_skT5mnKZiksgyAxmNgF-HWA1pvvP90Aw

Cy swore up and down this fat kid, with no muscle definition at all, near 20% bodyfat was far and away a better prospect than Zach LaVine

Just one more qualification. I really feel that I would completely obliterate most everyone on this forum 1v1 in a game of basketball.. Nothing about the posts I see here make me think this forum is filled with actual ballers.. This forum is filled with fans, who veiw the game in a perspective from the sidelines.....

I can dunk... I'm 6'1... I can hit 40 3's in a row, can you? I bet most of y'all i'd steal your dribble, cuz ur probably extremely right hand dominant(cuz ui didnt put in the time working the offhand) and i'd just sit on that right hand and take ur dribble like i do in the ****** la fitness runs near me, I'd probably disarm your dribble to the point where u just wanna shoot jumpers, then i'd just hunt blocks on your j's..

If this forum was actually frequented by utah's best basketball players I figure the best HS basketball programs in the state such as Wasatch Academy would get much more mention here.. Instead me, a native NY'er, is the one who brings up Wasatch the most...

The crux of Cy's argument against Zach LaVine was that he was undisciplined. It's worth revisiting IMO. Yet he preferred a fat dude who's obviously far, far far far more undisciplined..

Zach LaVine was practicing with his father for hours and hours and hours every night in his backyard fine tuning his dribble and dunks and all the little stuff......... Jordan Adams was probably eating sticky buns and playing video games during those hours...

yet Cy shows up here at the time and goes on a crusade to make LaVine look like the undisciplined one, and Adams the sleeper "real basketball player"

I dont trust that guy... He's easily fooled. Cy having Jalen Harris so high on his board is further evidence the dude is just throwing **** at a wall hoping it sticks...